EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

05-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
xpg68
Rep
Drives: Blue 2014 435i M-Sport

Lease assumption Texas?

Hey all!-

I have a question for everyone, and don't tell me to call BMWFS, they're clueless lol. My previous lease assumption was on a 435i, it was a Texas car, and when I went to transfer I paid $0 in taxes. It was around $70 to register the car in my name and $500 to BMW to transfer it.

My question is... has anyone IN TEXAS assumed an out of state lease? I'm just curious how the taxes work especially being that Texas is a full sales tax up front state.. meaning you pay the entire sticker price of tax up front at signing, rather than tax on the monthly payment per month.

Thanks!!,
Nick
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
///Motivated
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i, i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpg68 View Post
Hey all!-

I have a question for everyone, and don't tell me to call BMWFS, they're clueless lol. My previous lease assumption was on a 435i, it was a Texas car, and when I went to transfer I paid $0 in taxes. It was around $70 to register the car in my name and $500 to BMW to transfer it.

My question is... has anyone IN TEXAS assumed an out of state lease? I'm just curious how the taxes work especially being that Texas is a full sales tax up front state.. meaning you pay the entire sticker price of tax up front at signing, rather than tax on the monthly payment per month.

Thanks!!,
Nick
I believe you will pay tax on the standard presumptive value. It makes it cost prohibitive to assume out of state leases.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 10:15 AM   #3
xpg68
Rep

I was afraid of that. I'm just curious if anyone had actually done it and knew for certain. In state assumptions in Texas have zero taxes.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
xpg68
Rep

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1312719

This has differing reports.
Appreciate 0