EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
lippy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Just ordered my M4

Even though my 335i coupe (stick/sport) is mint, it has 125k miles so I decided to upgrade.

My short list came down to, believe it or not, M4 or F150 Super Crew cab with 5-1/2’ bed. I loved the truck and that’s what the kids wanted, but it’s just too big for parking where I live. The ATS-V is another car I considered. It is nice, and they have great offers now, but the interior is sort of cheap looking, the CUE system sucks, and I don’t want to have to argue to get a loaner.

So I ordered an M4. It is scheduled to be built in week 35, which is the end of this month, so I'm hoping to get it sometime in October.

Options are:
- Sahkir orange paint with CF roof
- Stick
- Black extended leather
- CF interior trim
- 19” black accent wheels
- Apple CarPlay
- Rear sunshade
- Adaptive suspension standard for 2017

The color is sort of like my old 1978 Audi 5000, and I like it with the black accents and black wheels.

What do you think about the options/config? Anything here I would regret getting/not getting?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippy View Post
Even though my 335i coupe (stick/sport) is mint, it has 125k miles so I decided to upgrade.

My short list came down to, believe it or not, M4 or F150 Super Crew cab with 5-1/2’ bed. I loved the truck and that’s what the kids wanted, but it’s just too big for parking where I live. The ATS-V is another car I considered. It is nice, and they have great offers now, but the interior is sort of cheap looking, the CUE system sucks, and I don’t want to have to argue to get a loaner.

So I ordered an M4. It is scheduled to be built in week 35, which is the end of this month, so I'm hoping to get it sometime in October.

Options are:
- Stick
- Black extended leather
- CF interior trim
- Apple CarPlay
- Rear sunshade

The color is sort of like my old 1978 Audi 5000, and I like it with the black accents and black wheels.

What do you think about the options/config? Anything here I would regret getting/not getting?
Delete this thread, quick! Or be prepared to be ridiculed for not getting full leather, comp package, LED lights, etc.

It's your build, get what you like and don't let people project their purchase satisfaction onto you.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #3
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
Delete this thread, quick! Or be prepared to be ridiculed for not getting full leather, comp package, LED lights, etc.

It's your build, get what you like and don't let people project their purchase satisfaction onto you.
Holy baloney!!!! Why didn't you get full leather, comp package and LED lights???? What were you thinking man???

'Cane8514.50
      08-05-2016, 11:23 AM   #4
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:

Options are:
- Stick
- Black extended leather
- CF interior trim
- Apple CarPlay
- Rear sunshade

First and foremost, congrats! Sahkir is so pretty!

In regards to your q, you'll get a wide variety of opinions, what really matters is what is going to make you happy.

But since you asked..... I took delivery of my AW/SO F80 about 5 weeks ago. I opted for Adaptive, LED, DCT, black 19's, and CF roof/trim. The only thing I waffled on was the LED's, they are just so beautiful, after I saw another M3 driving towards me I pretty much had to have them. The Exec pack was a no for me as the only thing I wanted was the back up camera and I couldn't justify the cost. If I could go back, I may have opted for full leather (in MY OPINION ONLY, full leather on black I would pass on as it wouldn't stand out enough for me). ZCP, not a fan of the wheels 5k is too much to spend for me.

Definitely track your car from the factory to the port, its pretty neat and helps pass the time. Congrats, you'll love it!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
nineofspades
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SSII F80 M3

Like everyone is going to tell you... go with full-leather. At first I was the same way thinking there's no reason to waste money on leather.. but after looking at it, it makes the interior look twice as good.

I think you can probably skip the LED lights and Comp package if you're on a budget. (I have LED, but no Comp Pkg). If you need to, I'd drop the rear-sunshade and carplay. Carplay was something I really wanted, but wasn't available yet... After using the BMW system, it really is very good, and I can't imagine carplay being anything more than a gimick on top. (Spoken from a person that is fully immersed in the apple ecosystem).

If you're keeping the rear-sunshade for the kids, note that adding full leather gets you rear-side sunshades automatically
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
I don't see full leather, comp, and LEDs ... mistake or huge miss?
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #7
lippy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineofspades View Post
If you're keeping the rear-sunshade for the kids, note that adding full leather gets you rear-side sunshades automatically
Is this only on M3s, or is it on M4s as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #8
nineofspades
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SSII F80 M3

Quote:
Is this only on M3s, or is it on M4s as well?
Good question.. I have an M3, so I'm not sure about M4's.....
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 11:37 AM   #9
NavyBeeker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 SS/SS - 19SepED

I think you'll regret getting 4-door M3 with kids.... just maybe... LOL.
Otherwise you seem to have almost a stripper....
... concur with lighting package - one of the most anticipated options for me as I can't wait to code the European anti-dazzle feature back in.
... wheels are very subjective. I have ordered COMP pkg with the 20"s, but not really for the wheels (although I think they'll grow on me as others have stated)... for me the 18" standard wheels looked better than the 19"s... but each to their own.
... I love sticks but now place more priority on easy driving in heavy traffic so got DCT... no bad decision either way on that I reckon...
... Exec. PKG was a must have for me due to (a) HUD and (b) rear view camera... for parking and avoiding dogs / kids in my driveway.

Enjoy the anticipation and the car! Mine is a Week 34 build so feel free to post in the Week 34-35-36 thread under the Pricing/Ordering/ED section here:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1289783
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 04:09 PM   #10
Stealthm4bcm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP

I think you'd regret not getting the led lights.
They'll need to be coded to get them to work like they're suppose to because of US restrictions... But don't think you can go wrong with that option.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #11
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

You had me at Sakhir 6MT.

Congrats!
      08-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #12
doberzus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Tesla M3P

I personally did not find the full leather to be worth it. Been in both extended and full back to back, didn't care to pay $2650 for leather dash and some extra stiching. Plus I hate the "hockey puck" look with the SO interior.

Then again, I'm paying $5200 for a fucking paintjob. So everyone will have their own reasons and justifications for their decisions on options, and only you can decide what is worth it and what is not.

RECENT PAST: 2016 F80 Austin Yellow (6MT) / 2017 F80 Atlantis Metallic (DCT-ZCP) / 2017 Challenger Hellcat 8A / 2017 Focus RS/ 2017 Shelby GT350 / 2018 Audi TTRS / 2018 Raptor Crew Cab / 2020 X3M Comp
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #13
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
You had me at Sakhir 6MT.

Congrats!
Not a bad choice
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #14
Stealthm4bcm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus
I personally did not find the full leather to be worth it. Been in both extended and full back to back, didn't care to pay $2650 for leather dash and some extra stiching. Plus I hate the "hockey puck" look with the SO interior.

Then again, I'm paying $5200 for a fucking paintjob. So everyone will have their own reasons and justifications for their decisions on options, and only you can decide what is worth it and what is not.
Only reason I didn't select full leather I don't want to deal with maintenance or the leather fading during the hot and humid summers around here.
Appreciate 0