R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #67
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Very easy to say "just enjoy the trip and to make the most of it" but I don't agree with this. If it were your car stuck after you traveled thousands of miles or waited months for delivery you would likely be pretty sideways too...at least I know I would and if BMW isn't helping by giving answers or proper retribution then they will likely and should lose some pretty loyal customers.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #68
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Why is it no one seems to realize that cars are simply a collection of components that were manufactured by multiple different suppliers? Case in point, THESE GUYS build the diffs, not BMW. If you want to be mad at someone, they're a more appropriate target.

http://www.gkn.com/driveline/our-sol...ferential.aspx

BMW doesn't have answers or a timeline yet because they're not able to provide answers or a timeline themselves. This will get resolved, and I'm sure it will be handled hastily once solutions are available. The situation absolutely sucks, but bitching about it is not very productive.

Sheesh.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #69
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwhocr View Post
Sorry to hear that, definitely make the most of it. Touring some beautiful countries with the wife in a free luxury rental isn't too shabby. At least your car will be delivered to you in the states in pristine condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
That isn't the point.
Really, what is the point then?

The above, plus cost savings on the new M3, were certainly the motivation for my ED two years ago.

While driving and getting acquainted with your new M3 in Germany is nice bonus, so is not putting miles on your car during your Euro vaca. Unless you had also signed up for a DE while in Europe, there is nothing that you wont be able to do in a free BMW loaner. Whatever it may be.

So yes - relax, enjoy your vacation, and don't fret the small stuff!

a
Appreciate 2
      07-21-2016, 04:16 PM   #70
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post

The above, plus cost savings on the new M3, were certainly the motivation for my ED two years ago.

While driving and getting acquainted with your new M3 in Germany is nice bonus, so is not putting miles on your car during your Euro vaca. Unless you had also signed up for a DE while in Europe, there is nothing that you wont be able to do in a free BMW loaner. Whatever it may be.

a
This is really subjective. There are people that do it for the cost savings (and maybe for an excuse to take a trip) and then there are people who do it for the driving experience.

I did ED back in June and would have done it even if the car was the same price. Everything from the delivery experience at the Welt to getting to drive the car on those perfect German and Austrian roads with a much more relaxed speed limit (or none at all) was absolutely worth it and for sure the most fun I'll ever have in that car. Driving it stateside will never compare. So I can absolutely understand why people are extremely upset about not getting their car. No rental (other than maybe another M) will make up for that. There is several months of build up, planning, and excitement and to find out last minute that it's not happening the way you planned and envisioned it massively sucks!
Appreciate 2
      07-21-2016, 04:44 PM   #71
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s
Quote:

a
This is really subjective. There are people that do it for the cost savings (and maybe for an excuse to take a trip) and then there are people who do it for the driving experience.

I did ED back in June and would have done it even if the car was the same price. Everything from the delivery experience at the Welt to getting to drive the car on those perfect German and Austrian roads with a much more relaxed speed limit (or none at all) was absolutely worth it and for sure the most fun I'll ever have in that car. Driving it stateside will never compare. So I can absolutely understand why people are extremely upset about not getting their car. No rental (other than maybe another M) will make up for that. There is several months of build up, planning, and excitement and to find out last minute that it's not happening the way you planned and envisioned it massively sucks!
^^^^^this. He gets it
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #72
BavarianBeastTamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 550i m4 vert on order

I'm on the O.P.'s side. I understand stuff can go wrong, but I'm sure they could of wrangled up another M car for the O.P. to use for the few days he was in town. The driving experience, the whole point of the trip was completely ruined and BMW just passed the blame off to someone else. Well Bmw agreed to work with that manufacturer and they are certainly making money off the part the manufacturer supplied. I'm sure they can keep a few cars around for emergencies. Considering just this week, I read about them losing a guy's plates, cancelling someone's ed after conformation, and a few other guys like me. They just don't seem to care about the customer anymore.

But O.P. you are on a vacation. See if you can rent a porsche or something. Then DEMAND BMW pay for it because they wouldn't comp you a decent car.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 04:56 PM   #73
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBeastTamer
I'm on the O.P.'s side. I understand stuff can go wrong, but I'm sure they could of wrangled up another M car for the O.P. to use for the few days he was in town. The driving experience, the whole point of the trip was completely ruined and BMW just passed the blame off to someone else. Well Bmw agreed to work with that manufacturer and they are certainly making money off the part the manufacturer supplied. I'm sure they can keep a few cars around for emergencies. Considering just this week, I read about them losing a guy's plates, cancelling someone's ed after conformation, and a few other guys like me. They just don't seem to care about the customer anymore.

But O.P. you are on a vacation. See if you can rent a porsche or something. Then DEMAND BMW pay for it because they wouldn't comp you a decent car.
I like that idea. I might actually give that a whirl. The wife and I are planning to let the cards play out this Tuesday (delivery day) and see what the situation is at the Welt. We really have no other recourse.

Guys this was kinda a trip of a lifetime for us. 2 great cars at the same time in Germany. Autobahn, Nurburgring etc etc.... 3 weeks off from work (never happen again). I'm trying not to let it ruin the whole trip but it is very disappointing to say the least.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 05:04 PM   #74
BavarianBeastTamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thing is they can do more. We know it and they know it. In my small buisness, if something goes wrong or if I know something is not going the way, it's supposed to, I go out of my way to make it right with my customer. Even if it costs me money.

I've been screwed by bmw as well. BMWNA's response was basically you're not the customer, the dealer is so go take it up with them. Then the lady made fun of my name and basically told me to go f off. So I understand you're pissed and the lack of BMW trying to make it right is probably boiling your blood more. Shame on them.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #75
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
. The situation absolutely sucks, but bitching about it is not very productive.

Sheesh.
It's at least cathartic to commiserate with others in the same situation
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 05:23 PM   #76
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBeastTamer View Post
Thing is they can do more. We know it and they know it. In my small buisness, if something goes wrong or if I know something is not going the way, it's supposed to, I go out of my way to make it right with my customer. Even if it costs me money.

I've been screwed by bmw as well. BMWNA's response was basically you're not the customer, the dealer is so go take it up with them. Then the lady made fun of my name and basically told me to go f off. So I understand you're pissed and the lack of BMW trying to make it right is probably boiling your blood more. Shame on them.
It kinda is man. We have been loyal and have had a bunch of BMWs over the years as well as 3 more that we helped get for family. I went to the local dealer today for a lease return and explained to the sales manager what was going on as he was away the last few days. They had a few M4s sitting around which kinda got my blood boiling again. I told him that this obviously wasn't his or the dealerships fault but that I was disappointed in the situation as well as how BMW planned on rectifying it.

It is what it is. My wife wants me to ask them if we can at least bring the car out in front by the tornado for a pic with both cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #77
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

well add me to the club guys. got emailed, my m5 is affected.

Looking into other options right now
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #78
ChuMpion3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT (x2)

Sorry guys. Only one thing to do: enjoy the free beer at the Welt and then drive their loaner car like you stole it from a valet.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #79
BavarianBeastTamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I don't want to add fuel to the fire. I just want to empathize with you. I've been screwed too. Don't let BMW ruin you vacay. Hopefully you'll get your car soon. Be proactive and find other ways to enjoy this trip. Hopefully BMW will get their head out of their ass and do the right thing. But until then, this would be my back up plan. At least for a few days.

http://www.avis.de/prestigecars

Last edited by BavarianBeastTamer; 07-22-2016 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: grammer.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:33 PM   #80
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:

a
Clearly we have 2 very different priorities when it comes to cars and ED.
I elected toED my M3 because I WANTED to use it in Europe. I had every intention of topping it on the Autobahn. I have set aside specific times in my itinerary for touristfahrten on the Nordschleife. I also planned track time on Spa-Francorchamps. This isn't a relaxing vacation for my wife and I. I really could care less to tour the European cities. I am more interested in driving my car into and out of those cities.

I am now losing those photo ops and experiences because of BMW's logistics.

I do not care that the car will not be "pristine" when it was to arrive for re-delivery. I am furious that the only options for alternative transportation are a 5 and 7-series, nonetheless neither are MY car.

I get that you are trying to be positive and show sympathy but it is a different perspective.
      07-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #81
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

The only thing that really matters/is affected is the time at the 'ring. Perfect opportunity to rent a prepped car for the occasion. You get to have a blast without beating on/risking your own car.

http://www.rent4ring.de/en/
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:05 PM   #82
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
The only thing that really matters/is affected is the time at the 'ring. Perfect opportunity to rent a prepped car for the occasion. You get to have a blast without beating on/risking your own car.

http://www.rent4ring.de/en/
I like your style. I am looking into this as I write this reply
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 05:56 AM   #83
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep

BMW has been dropping the ball on customer service the past few years.
My M5 had to be held at VDC for 3 weeks/ I think it was water pump ?? issue . BMW offered me only 250 dollars as compensation and the guy on phone was pretty rude that was in 2012. Actually my dealer was much better than BMW, they threw in a spoiler CF and 1 day pass for M school which was great.
try to get your dealer involved may be GM
but also life is short, enjoy your vacation and I like the idea of renting a porsche I'll suggest a boxter S and enjoy
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 08:58 AM   #84
BavarianBeastTamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

We should organize and write bmw a letter and tell them how we feel.
we can put our production #'s on it. I honestly thought bmw was a more reputable company. I'm obviously not the only one that got screwed and I feel bmw knows they make such a great car, they can be assholes. Anyone else in?
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2016, 09:35 AM   #85
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i would just personally like to know how many members cars were affected that were built last month.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #86
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBeastTamer View Post
We should organize and write bmw a letter and tell them how we feel.
we can put our production #'s on it. I honestly thought bmw was a more reputable company. I'm obviously not the only one that got screwed and I feel bmw knows they make such a great car, they can be assholes. Anyone else in?
I'm on board!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 09:41 AM   #87
ejonsson90
Private First Class
Iceland
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Just called Genius, my car is affected. I did my ED on July 11th, although I'm not exactly sure about the production timeline of the car. Obviously I drove the car around for a week - not sure of the severity of the problem and how that should make me feel
2006 S4 25th Anniversary - #116/250
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #88
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i would just personally like to know how many members cars were affected that were built last month.
About 3800.

http://www.autozeitung.de/auto-news/...hsdifferential