proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-13-2022, 07:09 AM   #1
RiDEN
Registered
Moldova
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Instrument cluster not turning on seemingly random.

Attached are the screenshots.

The two of them: one with the least errors and the one with Vertical Dynamics error (already changed the sensor are after this condition is happening. The cluster is completely black, not even the turn signal clicks work.

The third one is after I've tried to enable Cruise Control and some other functionality which is visible on the cluster.

I've marked irrelevant errors with red. Or at least I think they are))

After some time (1 - 10 minutes) the cluster turns itself on and everything works as usual. No fault codes.

It seems to me that this happens on more colder/humid days after the car has been sitting for a while. But that is like 85% certainty. So far this happened like 5 times since I've owned the car since March of this year.

Local coding/electician guys told that they could try to re-code the cluster and if that doesn't help - I'll need to replace it.

However I think that maybe there's something with the wiring leading to the cluster, or the connector(s) on the back of the cluster or the cable are oxidized/bent so that when it's humid or cold there is no proper contact. Haven't checked that at this moment.

What are your thoughts? Literally any ideas will be appreciated as I don't really want to buy a user Euro cluster for 700$ without knowing 100% that it will resolve this issue.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 05:33 AM   #2
RiDEN
Registered
Moldova
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Bump
Appreciate 0