GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

07-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #23
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Pretty neat
      07-18-2016, 02:19 PM   #24
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

Yes. All you form over function types just stick to the ZCP and leave the hardcore cars to the hard core types. No taking the kids home in a GTS #because no back seat !

Bring on an M2 GTS ( aka moto GP safety car ) with a roll bar and no back seat !

I guess I'm just not hardcore enough to know how to generate downforce with my wing on public roads! Can you teach me?

I doubt this is a dedicated primary track car for anyone buying it, lets be serious. they may take it out a few times then it will either sit in a garage or use public roads. in those scenarios id take the wing and wheels off. all im saying.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #25
SpeedDemon7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 Austin Yellow

Nice, check out the FBO M3 60-160MPH, pretty impressive.
Garage: 2015 M3 : 2007 M5 : 2016 X1 : 2003 X5
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #26
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummm2
Quote:

Yes. All you form over function types just stick to the ZCP and leave the hardcore cars to the hard core types. No taking the kids home in a GTS #because no back seat !

Bring on an M2 GTS ( aka moto GP safety car ) with a roll bar and no back seat !

I guess I'm just not hardcore enough to know how to generate downforce with my wing on public roads! Can you teach me?

I doubt this is a dedicated primary track car for anyone buying it, lets be serious. they may take it out a few times then it will either sit in a garage or use public roads. in those scenarios id take the wing and wheels off. all im saying.
Speak for yourself ...

I owned an E30 M3 which I street drove for 5-7 years until it became my dedicated track car for the next 10 years ..

I own a 1M which *already is my primary track car * and has been since the day I bought it.

I ABSOLUTELY will buy An M2 GTS and make it my primary track car!

What I hear from you says this is the wrong car for you.

If you don't plan on taking this car to the track then you really aren't a GTS buyer.. You are an M2 with " performance parts " buyer.

Nothing wrong with that .. No shame in that game that's what they make it for ... Throw on all the winglets and black out your grille and why not.. Go ahead and Get a sunroof too if possible !

@bdaddylo , @1M_Tex, and several others I know have owned their car as a primary track car. While I am sure that a few GTS will sit in a collection, I'm really not sure why you would assume they wouldn't be used as a primary track weapon for many owners if not at the least a secondary weapon - alongside something double the price from Stuttgart.

As a matter of fact, I advised a fellow on bimmerpost of an M4 GTS allocation and IIRC he already owned a 991 GT3RS..
Appreciate 2
      07-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #27
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Lightweight

Quote:
Speak for yourself ...

I owned an E30 M3 which I street drove for 5-7 years until it became my dedicated track car for the next 10 years ..

I own a 1M which *already is my primary track car * and has been since the day I bought it.

If you don't plan on taking this car to the track then you really aren't a GTS buyer.. You are an M2 with " performance parts " buyer.

Nothing wrong with that .. No shame in that game that's what they make it for ... Throw on all the winglets and black out your grille and why not.. Go ahead and Get a sunroof too if possible !

@bdaddylo , @1M_Tex, and several others I know have owned their car as a primary track car. While I am sure that a few GTS will sit in a collection, I'm really not sure why you would assume they wouldn't be used as a primary track weapon for many owners if not at the least a secondary weapon - alongside something double the price from Stuttgart.

As a matter of fact, I advised a fellow on bimmerpost of an M4 GTS allocation and IIRC he already owned a 991 GT3RS..
Lol. How would wanting to take 20 inch wheels and a wing off a car when on the street make me then want to add back even more senseless parts for street driving a M2? It might be the opposite actually.

I'm not in the market for a M4 GTS so yes it is the wrong car for me.

I hope people will take their GTS to the track, that's what it's designed for In theory I guess...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 04:14 AM   #28
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummm2
Quote:
Speak for yourself ...

Lol. How would wanting to take 20 inch wheels and a wing off a car when on the street make me then want to add back even more senseless parts for street driving a M2? It might be the opposite actually.

I'm not in the market for a M4 GTS so yes it is the wrong car for me.

I hope people will take their GTS to the track, that's what it's designed for In theory I guess...
Bro, you're talking to the cool kids on the forum. Just tell them they are awesome and move on. That's what they log on for!

There will be plenty of exploded $5000 front lips once the US cars hit the streets and you will be able to say "I told you so!" soon enough.
      07-20-2016, 12:47 AM   #29
Bashful
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Some Germans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummm2 View Post

Your opinion is your opinion and because this is the internet....then I guess you HAVE to share it.

But lets educate you or anyone else who thinks they know everything about those selected to get the GTS.......of the 6 cars already delivered to Canada there has already been multiple track days accumulated on many of the cars, and they've been in the country less than 2 weeks. All of us owners talk to each other and share pics, vids, lap times and setup strategies.

I myself had 2 days of track time booked on my GTS, but my car didn't arrive until the next week, so instead I beat on some other cars, b/c thats what a typical GTS owner would do....go to the track and really enjoy our cars.

Part of the selection process was to find people who will drive the car...yes there will be some relegated to collections....but when looking at the great friends I've met who are getting the car so far ( and many of them met more owners at the M fest at the Nurburgring)..... not only are they true BMW enthusiasts, but they are drivers! Not to mention all around genuinely amazing car enthusiasts.

I know its futile....but please quit telling us what we are like and what we are going to do with our cars....and just ask! You can't be an expert in things you really know nothing about...

If this was a porsche forum and you called out all the RS owners as being poseurs and told them it's a better idea to take off their rear wing and front splitter.....Man, it would be grounds for a ban Seriously WTH?
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2016, 01:34 AM   #30
doccyber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: %D0%97%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0

Nice.
Appreciate 0