EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #89
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
Very true, things are generally more expensive here, the shipping is what hurts us.

Oh well, life is short, here for a good time not a long time!
I agree.

Can you give us a complete detail/review on this suspension? How's the ride quality? Is it height adjustable as the tractive ones offered on the 911s?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 07:54 AM   #90
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Everything is more expensive in Austrailia.

It should be around USD 4500. There's a shop in Texas that offers this and details are in one of pages here.
For me it was 4500 euros including aligment, cornering and istallation.

The height is udjustable but only the front.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 05:38 AM   #91
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post

Hey mate,

I get my tractive suspension on Monday afternoon! Tractive have told me that any
lower than 10mm drop in the front and the car could ride very harsh!

How much have you lowered your car in the front ? And does it ride harsh?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 05:42 AM   #92
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
I agree.

Can you give us a complete detail/review on this suspension? How's the ride quality? Is it height adjustable as the tractive ones offered on the 911s?
Hey mate,

I believe the height is adjustable, I get the suspension on Monday so i'll know more when i get it!

I will do a review on the suspension and start an independent thread with pictures etc....

cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 06:10 AM   #93
mechanic75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3cs

Quote:
Hey mate,

I get my tractive suspension on Monday afternoon! Tractive have told me that any

When I spoke with Tractive this was because the EDC made the suspension firmer because it thought the car was lower.

I think the revised software from bmw should eliminate this as it's designed to work with their HAS kit now which can go much lower.

Look forward to your feedback as I have been looking to buy this kit for a long time without success.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #94
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic75 View Post
Quote:
Hey mate,

When I spoke with Tractive this was because the EDC made the suspension firmer because it thought the car was lower.

I think the revised software from bmw should eliminate this as it's designed to work with their HAS kit now which can go much lower.

Look forward to your feedback as I have been looking to buy this kit for a long time without success.
So how do you know if you have the updated software in your car? Do you just have to book it in and ask to have the software updated?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 03:28 AM   #95
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Hey mate,

How much have you lowered you car in the front ? Did you have your EDC settings changed at all to allow for the lowering of the coilovers in the front ?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #96
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Hey mate,

How much have you lowered you car in the front ? Did you have your EDC settings changed at all to allow for the lowering of the coilovers in the front ?
I got maximum front lowered -25mm. The EDC still works good and I flashed it to ZCP setting. The ZCP setting has more comfort in comfort mode as I feel. I use comfort for the street and sport for the fast street, sport+ only for the track.
On the suspension you can feel more changes in the settings than in stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 06:23 AM   #97
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I got maximum front lowered -25mm. The EDC still works good and I flashed it to ZCP setting. The ZCP setting has more comfort in comfort mode as I feel. I use comfort for the street and sport for the fast street, sport+ only for the track.
On the suspension you can feel more changes in the settings than in stock.
Fair enough,

I assume you had it coded? and who did it? The dealer ? or someone else?

Last edited by JL1; 08-04-2017 at 06:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 07:50 AM   #98
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Fair enough,

I assume you had it coded? and who did it? The dealer ? or someone else?
The tunind service. I coded all my car to gts/zcp settings plus bootmod3 500hp 650nm st.1. Now the codes feets the power and the tires.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 04:39 PM   #99
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The tunind service. I coded all my car to gts/zcp settings plus bootmod3 500hp 650nm st.1. Now the codes feets the power and the tires.
Hey mate,

Just so i understand, the M4 GTS and ZCP damper coding is the same? Or are they different ?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #100
mechanic75
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hey mate,

Just so i understand, the M4 GTS and ZCP damper coding is the same? Or are they different ?
GTS dampers are passive so no coding.

Gearbox, diff, traction and steering can be flashed / coded to GTS OR ZCP though.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #101
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
GTS dampers are passive so no coding.

Gearbox, diff, traction and steering can be flashed / coded to GTS OR ZCP though.

Thanks mate for the clarification

So i want the ZCP dampers coding, ZCP diff coding and ZCP traction control coding yeah ?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #102
mechanic75
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mate for the clarification

So i want the ZCP dampers coding, ZCP diff coding and ZCP traction control coding yeah ?
Well to be accurate they all need to be flashed! Steering can be coded.

I went from ZCP to GTS on all of the above and didn't notice any significant difference so I would say ZCP would be good. No idea what difference that makes to a standard car though.

I would probably get your software updated and just leave it at that. I'm sure the standard car has benefited from all the BMW updates too.

Have you got Tractive dampers on?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #103
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well to be accurate they all need to be flashed! Steering can be coded.

I went from ZCP to GTS on all of the above and didn't notice any significant difference so I would say ZCP would be good. No idea what difference that makes to a standard car though.

I would probably get your software updated and just leave it at that. I'm sure the standard car has benefited from all the BMW updates too.

Have you got Tractive dampers on?
I've just received the tractive dampers and springs this week. They will be going in the car this coming week. However the Australian dealer has told me not to lower the car by more than 10mm or it will ride excessively harsh.

That's when i started asking "Jackkk" the guy that started this thread what he had done to be able to lower is car -25mm in the front? And he just replied not long ago in this thread saying he coded it all in ??

I spoke to AlexTune, the guy from the states that does remote coding and he said it is a coding that changes the it too the ZCP damper settings??

Now i'm confused

Last edited by JL1; 08-05-2017 at 02:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
domino_z1239.50
      08-05-2017, 02:52 AM   #104
mechanic75
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I've just received the tractive dampers and springs this week. They will be going in the car this coming week. However the Australian dealer has told me not to lower the car by more than 10mm or it will ride excessively harsh.

That's when i started asking "Jackkk" the guy that started this thread what he had done to be able to lower is car -25mm in the front? And he just replied not long ago in this thread saying he coded it all in ??

I spoke to AlexTune, the guy from the states that does remote coding and he said it is a coding that changes the it too the ZCP damper settings??

Now i'm confused
That's the official line from Tractive. They developed the kit 3 years ago and haven't looked at it since. The new EDC software from bmw is now designed to work with lower suspension.

As part of the BMW suspension kit the dealer has to update the software when they are installing it.

If your car is on newer software already you shouldn't have to, but if I was you, I would get the Tractive installed and setup then ask bmw to update your software. I think that will be all you need.

Where in oz are you?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2017, 03:25 AM   #105
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's the official line from Tractive. They developed the kit 3 years ago and haven't looked at it since. The new EDC software from bmw is now designed to work with lower suspension.

As part of the BMW suspension kit the dealer has to update the software when they are installing it.

If your car is on newer software already you shouldn't have to, but if I was you, I would get the Tractive installed and setup then ask bmw to update your software. I think that will be all you need.

Where in oz are you?
No Stress, I'm sure their is a cost involved with getting the software updated from BMW? Just so that i am clear, If you have the software updated in the car generally it will update the suspension software as well? Or do you have to specifically ask the dealer to update the suspension software separately ?

I am in Melbourne mate

Last edited by JL1; 08-05-2017 at 03:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2017, 03:36 AM   #106
mechanic75
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No Stress, I'm sure their is a cost involved with getting the software updated from BMW? So this ZCP coding people are offering is obviously not the same as the BMW software?

I am in Melbourne mate
It is bmw software. They are flashing a standard cars software for the ZCP software.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 07:14 AM   #107
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Quote:
No Stress, I'm sure their is a cost involved with getting the software updated from BMW? Just so that i am clear, If you have the software updated in the car generally it will update the suspension software as well? Or do you have to specifically ask the dealer to update the suspension software separately ?

I am in Melbourne mate
Bump @JL1, did you get these installed?

thoughts on ride quality?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #108
eddylambo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Competition package,

JL 1

did u have the review on your Tractive suspension?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #109
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Curious if anyone else has installed the Tractive setup with success?
      04-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #110
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:

Now i'm confused
I believe ALEX@ALPINE is correct and that the Competition Pack VDC damper settings are coded in. BMW did this to work with their own HAS kit once it came out.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0