Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

03-18-2021, 07:47 PM   #67
JLS_397K
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' BMW M5+16'M4 GTS - M2 SOLD

People are asking why because they always can and always will
Like I mentioned above, I encourage anyone to comment. This is a forum. You spend your money as you please.
I am commenting because of particular comment(s), thought(s), and rationing.
You bought the GTS, didn’t like it, and felt that there could be a better M2 so rather than buying parts from dealers or third part sources, (i.e IND – Distribution), you paid an insane 120K to keep certain parts which is odd. Even with the fact that there are salvaged BMW GTS out there and some sitting in car part yards or auctions.
No one is going to blame the dealer because that are already labeled as “Stealers” just like the one in the east coast who wanted $334,000 when the GTS came out and they were quoted saying something along the lines of “People will pay this price if they really want the car”
As I mentioned before in an above post, The M2 is a wonderful car, it is underrated by some but it is exactly what BMW should represent. I owned 1, loved every minute of it. The amount of ideas I had for mine between local dealers/ suppliers, fabricators, and ideas from others on this forum were endless, but times change and so do priorities. It’s just the path you take and reasons why that are questioned sometimes
Appreciate 2
M3 boi3211.00
      03-18-2021, 08:42 PM   #68
///Mfiend
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_397K View Post
People are asking why because they always can and always will
Like I mentioned above, I encourage anyone to comment. This is a forum. You spend your money as you please.
I am commenting because of particular comment(s), thought(s), and rationing.
You bought the GTS, didn’t like it, and felt that there could be a better M2 so rather than buying parts from dealers or third part sources, (i.e IND – Distribution), you paid an insane 120K to keep certain parts which is odd. Even with the fact that there are salvaged BMW GTS out there and some sitting in car part yards or auctions.
No one is going to blame the dealer because that are already labeled as “Stealers” just like the one in the east coast who wanted $334,000 when the GTS came out and they were quoted saying something along the lines of “People will pay this price if they really want the car”
As I mentioned before in an above post, The M2 is a wonderful car, it is underrated by some but it is exactly what BMW should represent. I owned 1, loved every minute of it. The amount of ideas I had for mine between local dealers/ suppliers, fabricators, and ideas from others on this forum were endless, but times change and so do priorities. It’s just the path you take and reasons why that are questioned sometimes
I appreciate it. I'm here for the same thing to discuss my love for bmw and share my ideas about cars and Motorsport.

I have been getting kinda bashed on this thread and was called out to speak so I came out kinda strong because people assumed something dishonest happened when in reality I made a straight up honest trade with the dealer .

As far as the parts are concerned they are hard to obtain even from ind and other places . Usually a vin is needed from bmw dealers , Motorsport dealers carry some of the main parts if you can afford them. I do buy stuff from ind and I highly recommend both ind and Ecs tuning for parts .

I was in a 2016 M2 ... I loved the car but it always hurt the engine wasn't a true M engine although still a great engine . I have always loved the carbon roof since the M3 CSL . My dream car I could never obtain at that age .

When BMW made a M2 safety car . It had a roll cage and GTS wing all sorts of awesome parts on it . I was hoping BMW would make a M2 CSL featuring some of the parts from the safety car .

When Frank Van Meel left the M division the CSL was canceled shortly thereafter supposedly, I also have been told from inside sources the shipping issues during covid caused the M2 cs production to push back and deliveries were almost a year late making it near impossible to produce the csl in time for the finish of this body style. Lastly emissions in Europe wouldn't allow for such a car anymore was the final excuse I heard for no M2 CSL .

When I heard rumors the M2 GTS / CSL was canceled I scooped up a M4 GTS but it never felt right to me . Just too big and heavy it was like a super car . I want a go-cart. I fully agree the M2 is exactly what BMW stands for it's a great car.

I still have hopes BMW will surprise everyone and drop a f87 CSL ... they have all the parts, all they need to do is bolt them on the car . Being the same engine as the M4 the water injection is plug and play. Along with the fitted rollcage from the safety car and the parts from the M2 cs racing they could build a monster .

If BMW doesn't make it I'm planning on building my own , and I feel like building it would be more fun than just buying it .

Something was embarrassing about pulling up at the car meet in a gts that was so sick of a vehicle but least personal car there . I actually would have felt more comfortable in my 03 e46 M3 I wish I never sold. The M2 feels like the e46 to me it was like finding a old pair of leather gloves or shoes that fit perfect already. I had the ///M smile the whole way home from the dealer .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 10:11 PM   #69
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

Between this thread and the Spun Crankhub thread in the Track section, bimmerpost is giving reality tv a run for its money.

I get built vs bought, Subaru didn't release a STI w/ an 8500rpm redline in the US so I sacrificed stacks of dollar bills to IAG to give me the experience I wanted, and I enjoyed wrenching on everything and stripping the fucking motor mount with my own gorilla arms I just don't get taking a N55 M2 and slapping a bunch of GTS parts on it. I'd at least start with a M2C and boost it to the fricking moon with the GTS water injection. Or build it to rev to 8000-8500 in a responsive manner.

If the dealership continues to try to pass this off as a GTS with a GTS price, I find that to be scummy. But I would hope whomever buys this does a PPI at a BMW dealership, the techs might recognize what's up and save the person some grief.

Another GTS effectively destroyed, the value of mine just went up $10.
Appreciate 3
NYBulldog1310.00
M3 boi3211.00
      03-22-2021, 04:58 AM   #70
///Mfiend
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomeler View Post
Between this thread and the Spun Crankhub thread in the Track section, bimmerpost is giving reality tv a run for its money.

I get built vs bought, Subaru didn't release a STI w/ an 8500rpm redline in the US so I sacrificed stacks of dollar bills to IAG to give me the experience I wanted, and I enjoyed wrenching on everything and stripping the fucking motor mount with my own gorilla arms I just don't get taking a N55 M2 and slapping a bunch of GTS parts on it. I'd at least start with a M2C and boost it to the fricking moon with the GTS water injection. Or build it to rev to 8000-8500 in a responsive manner.

If the dealership continues to try to pass this off as a GTS with a GTS price, I find that to be scummy. But I would hope whomever buys this does a PPI at a BMW dealership, the techs might recognize what's up and save the person some grief.

I agree It's not going on a N55, I'm not even sure it would fit.

It will be going on a S55 M2 the hardest part will most likely be the ecu as I didn't hack the original ecu files to activate the pumps. Im sure it's going to be difficult to make work on my own, but mechanically it will fit and just bolt on since the new M2 and old M4 share the same engine.
Appreciate 1
Gomeler500.00
      10-27-2022, 10:19 PM   #71
M3 boi
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomeler View Post

Bimmerpost could make a show, we could call it "a bunch of people arguing (actually interesting)" tbh I do not regret spending half an hour looking through this thread, anyway, if anyone is still interested in finding out what actually happened, here's a pic from 10/04/16…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 10:23 PM   #72
M3 boi
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ...

Also, our ///MFriend apparently had a m2cs on order…

Edit: he did! A very nice spec as well!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 11:15 AM   #73
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep
Drives: 1M & M2CS

This GTS has popped back up again, looks like someone found the original wheels and put a wing back on it. No telling if the wing is original or not. Still has the carbon structure seats. Current mileage, 1626

VIN: WBS4S9C50GK578713
Attached Images

Previous: Many E46 M3s, a few E9x M3s, '15 F82 M4, '16 F80 M3, F87 M2
Appreciate 1
IB M2777.50