BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-05-2021, 05:50 PM   #1
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

DCT trim in dark chrome

I bought a BSM painted DCT surround trim recently. I plan to go with a CF gear shift knob shortly and didn't want too much CF.

I like that the color matches my car exterior but it's a little off as it's another additional color for the interior.

Ideally I want it the same color as the chrome strip that goes on the door or across the bottom part of the cf trim across the dash. What color is that? It's not the same as the dull chrome finish elsewhere on the dash.

And what the best way to paint these trim pets? Are they plastic or metal - I can't tell. Ideally I'd paint both the surround trim (in bsm in the picture) and the small trim surrounding the buttons.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 02:21 AM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

What do you want to paint or exchange? The black painted triangle at the BSM?
If so, why do you dont look for a matte OEM silver one and replace it? Its just fixed with steel feather shims at the bottom which easily could removed, wont take more than 15 minutes.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:23 AM   #3
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
What do you want to paint or exchange? The black painted triangle at the BSM?
If so, why do you dont look for a matte OEM silver one and replace it? Its just fixed with steel feather shims at the bottom which easily could removed, wont take more than 15 minutes.
Yes the triangle part. I had the silver one and moved to this. But now I am thinking I want to get it to match the dark chrome color instead of the bsm.

Any thoughts on how best to paint that trim part?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:54 PM   #4
johnso21
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Where did you buy that from? That’s what I want for the same reasons. Too much CF looks tacky. Love the black metallic!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 04:55 AM   #5
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom View Post
Yes the triangle part. I had the silver one and moved to this. But now I am thinking I want to get it to match the dark chrome color instead of the bsm.

Any thoughts on how best to paint that trim part?
I would suggest you should visit a pro painter shop with that part and show them the desired color comparing to your car. By chance hes able to mix you the right tone and you got it.
That would be my way to do. For paint remove the trim from the base plate as I had described, its plain simple.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:30 PM   #6
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnso21 View Post
Where did you buy that from? That’s what I want for the same reasons. Too much CF looks tacky. Love the black metallic!!!
I bought this from a forum member. It had an Alacantra wrapped base around the bsm trim part but I took just the trim and put it into my OEM base. The Alacantra was nice too.

I believe Autoteknic sells the painted ones: https://autotecknic.com/products/pai...-m3-f82-f83-m4

If you want the Alacantra base with the OEM silver trim (that you can paint), PM me. I'll be happy to sell you the one I have for a reasonable price.
Appreciate 0