proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
jj33low
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M, AMG C63S, TTRS, Gallardo

Thoughts on purchasing a higher mileage f80 m3?

Hello everyone! Long time BMW owner and have owned several over the years.
I'm looking at potentially buying a low priced f80 m3 as a daily driver. It is the competition version with executive package, lighting package, driver assistance plus, and carbon fiber roof and is a metallic grey color. It has 97k highway miles and the seller has all records from when it was new. It has a transferable extended warranty to 100k miles, but that is coming soon. I can get it in the low $30k range. Should I be worried about mileage? The price seems pretty good. Looking for any thoughts/opinions. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

I dont think you need to worry about high mileage if the car is maintained. I think its more important that it has the exact options you are looking for. If you can find a similar but lower mileage car and spend 3-5K more, it might be a better deal. Check if anything needs replacing like the brake rotors or tires. If you factor in those costs, it might be better to pass. Also depends how long you want to keep it. If you want to drive it around for a year or two or if you want to keep it for a while.

There isnt a lot of high mileage cars out there either to get a feel of how these cars age but so far, they have been very reliable.
Appreciate 1
bsmf8x777.00