proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #89
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTapePatrol View Post
Hahaha, no problem. I didn't know a thing about IPL either go back 2 weeks, lol. Like I said, given my situation, I thought I was gonna end up with a vanilla 6MT G

It's Infiniti Performance Line, like the BMW "is" and Audi S-line. It adds stiffer suspension, different intake/exhaust, some engine tuning management a bodykit, different wheels and unique colors. The result isn't all that special power-wise, but handling does become more predictable when pushed.

I thought about it long and hard. I have no problem living with the G's shortcomings for the next 3 years. After that I'll probably want something different, but that's perfect timing for me.
Very nice! Also love the seats. I totally get the chemistry thing. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #90
Nack54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 coupe

I had a G37s for a yr and half, and enjoy it for that period. The sad part is the base model G37 is faster than the sport due to the weight diff. Bubble on the leather seats that would never go away. Road noise was pretty bad, especially at high speed. Also had this cracking noise coming from the door and popping noise from the speakers if the song I was playing had to much bass. The car handles just as good as a 335i and the fact it had lsd. It's to heavy, so acceleration from a stop is horrible. It also cost way to much to tune. exhaust, intake, headers, and a tune will probably run you $1500-$3000 and you get about 30hp 20tq.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #91
Jkg37
Registered
Rep
Drives: g37

g37s is not slower than g37.... g37s stops better(because of bigger brake)

thats all... both 335i and g37 is great car!!!

Newaiz here are the pictures of my 08g37s coupe (had her for 5years without single issue)
i ll upload more pics in couple weeks when i pick up my first bmw(z4m coupe)
Name:  IMG_0198 copy.jpg
Views: 2439
Size:  137.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0197.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  154.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #92
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

G is a nice car, but If I was gonna get an asian coupe, i'd rather just get a genesis or brz/fr-s.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #93
Rmk392
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

I came from a g37s coupe. I admit, 80% of the reason I bought it was because of the exhaust note. Also, the navi is very nice and user friendly.

you should check out myg37.com ..very active forum and lots of good info on there. Concave is the new black for the g37 crowd
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #94
jcarv20s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Before I bought my 08' 335xi Coupe; I went to test drive a beautiful G37S White Coupe. My thoughts prior to going to see it were "exhaust note & pure sexiness". I went to the dealer, walked around it thought it was amazing, salesman started it, I almost creamed my pants. Then I sat in it shut it off and gave him the keys right back. Seats were uncomfortable and everything about the interior felt cheap. My WRX felt more solid and that's what I was getting rid of.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #95
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

I almost bought a new G37 for the following reasons:

A lot of standard options / good value
Decent power
Unique looking (sedan)
Blue and white lighting
and a few others...

Why didn't I get one? Here's why...

Not as engaging as a BMW.
You lose the value with horrible gas mileage
The engine gets VERY unrefined at RPMs greater than 4000
The coupe has horrible trunk space (7.1 cu. ft, I think)
The styling, while nice, is due for an upgrade
Here's the most important reason: Infiniti is beginning to make the same mistakes as Lincoln. The Maxima and G-series are way too similar looking, and while it's not the case here, I feel that Infinitis may start to become rebadged Nissans... BMW doesn't have this problem. Our cars are unique.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #96
rbocc13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 3281 Xdrive

Garage List
2008 BMW 328 xi  [0.00]
I had a g37s before the BMW here is my take as someone who owned both.

I had minor problems with the G... seat bubbled, valve was messed up causing the car to die, and the dealer scratched it with their car wash (didnt notice until too late).

As for the car the exhaust is the best stock i have heard (besides the BMW PE). The speed was great...merging and waht not you would go from 60-100 in a blink of an eye.

The backseat was stupid... the slope of the car caused people about 5'10 or taller to have to almost duck while sitting, leg room isnt there either. The trunk is prob the worst thing, its so small the seats do go down but still the clearance just isnt there to fit anything.

The paint was kind of crappy...chipped easily i would get a clear bra for it for sure. I had the car loaded. the touch screen nav was good, bluetooth worked but hard to be heard as in most cars. I had the sport package so it had the paddle shifters which made the car fun to drive.

Overall the car was pretty good...it just wasnt a german car so it lacked build quality...nothing feels as put together as a german car and it also lacked the driver/road connection like BMW has. Depends whats important to you but I would love the car and would have kept it .....if it was a second car/weekend driver.

FYI the IPL is a waste... suttle differences and hardly any power gain so save the money and get a loaded g37S or i think 09+ you can get a g37xs (awd sport). Anything else your wondering just PM me.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #97
williewonkerz
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
"Seats were uncomfortable and everything about the interior felt cheap. " <---- BAZINGO

I thought the interior was something out of a civic in quality and materials. Felt far too cheap.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #98
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

I wonder whatever became of gary...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #99
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

I like the G37 and I think it's a decent choice for cars in the same price range. Although, I also think the design of the centre console is a bit dated (it's been out for a few years, same thing goes with E9X) and yes, the trunk is small (but I am sure it holds more than 2 basketballs). If only the back seats can be fold down, they can be a lot more practical. G37 feels a little heavier when you drive, but it's not too much worse than 335i. Handling-wise, again, not bad at all for its price. The most important thing is the maintenance cost in a long-run won't cost you arms & legs like BMWs. (dealership wants $140 for a pair of DRL lightbulbs) Plus they probably never need to visit a shop unless doing regular maintenance.
      06-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #100
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1971 View Post
Might get rid of the always in the shop 335i for a G

Anyone know much about them?
Not sure what you did I did not read the whole forum but I got rid of my 135i and am with my DD lexus for now cus the BMW was in the shop twice a month minimal.

My brother has a G37s Great car very reliable. Almost as quick as my 135i and the G37s feels bigger. Other than that like I said its a great car. The TT BMWs are still having issues. Im very happy with my switch. Here are some pics.
Attached Images

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0