Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

08-08-2020, 08:41 AM   #1
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F48 X1

Vorsteiner Diffuser 4250 model unboxing & Install

After tons of searching, I quickly realized the 4250 model of the Vorsteiner diffuser was much more rare than the 4001 model. I finally decided to pull the trigger around memorial day and reached out to Vibe Motorsportswhich had a great deal at the time. After eight weeks it finally arrived, but so worth the wait! Since I haven't seen many videos out there on the 4250 model, I thought I'd do an unboxing boxing as well as a DIY video of the install. (Posting that next weekend)
Enjoy
      08-08-2020, 12:27 PM   #2
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeOne View Post
After tons of searching, I quickly realized the 4250 model of the Vorsteiner diffuser was much more rare than the 4001 model. I finally decided to pull the trigger around memorial day and reached out to Vibe Motorsportswhich had a great deal at the time. After eight weeks it finally arrived, but so worth the wait! Since I haven't seen many videos out there on the 4250 model, I thought I'd do an unboxing boxing as well as a DIY video of the install. (Posting that next weekend)
Enjoy
I've had two sets of this diffuser. Cracked one. Bought another new one. Good to see you buying an authentic version the only way to fly.

The side ends don't sit tight to the bumper unless you drill an extra hole.

Otherwise a great looking diffuser, but really requires a larger tip aftermarket exhaust to look right as the stock tips are overwhelmed by the much larger diffuser slats. It also requires at least the M perf front lip and side skirts to balance the look. It looks totally off-kilter on a stock body with stock wheels stock height.

Gl
      08-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
Quote:
Enjoy
I've had two sets of this diffuser. Cracked one. Bought another new one. Good to see you buying an authentic version the only way to fly.

Otherwise a great looking diffuser, but really requires a larger tip aftermarket exhaust to look right as the stock tips are overwhelmed by the much larger diffuser slats. It also requires at least the M perf front lip and side skirts to balance the look. It looks totally off-kilter on a stock body with stock wheels stock height.

Gl
Appreciate the input. I got some 90mm tips that finish the back end off nicely. Can't stop staring at this rear!
Attached Images

08-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #4
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Enjoy

Gl
Appreciate the input. I got some 90mm tips that finish the back end off nicely. Can't stop staring at this rear!
Get a real deal aftermarket unit. Leave the tips for the Pep boys.
      08-14-2020, 06:35 AM   #5
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep

As promised, the DIY
Took a little finagling with the newer screws, but the final result is Appreciate it again VIBE Motorsports

08-15-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
ProteinFart
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4 CS, G80 M3C

Had no idea they had two different versions, it would be interesting to see the differences side to side, great vids btw.
Appreciate 1
TakeOne352.50
      08-17-2020, 09:49 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
TakeOne352.50
      08-17-2020, 10:05 AM   #8
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinFart View Post
Had no idea they had two different versions, it would be interesting to see the differences side to side, great vids btw.
You're not alone. A lot of people don't, and I was one of them until I dug deeper. As stated in my unboxing video, unfortunately I can't go too aggressive with the front of my car (clearance issues) so I decided to go more aggressive with the rear. Also, a big factor for me was getting something just a little lower to cover up as much of the ugly stock muffler that hangs down. For your reference the white M4 has the 4001 model and the matte black M4 is the 4250 model I went with (You can see it hides the cow utters pretty well)
Attached Images

12-12-2020, 04:16 PM   #9
tinpot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

I just picked up the same diffuser after watching your video 😃. Curious to know what your thoughts on the look of the car if only the diffuser is added. I’d like to add a lip but it will likely get cracked or damaged.
Appreciate 2
TakeOne352.50
Ramzzz1.50
      12-12-2020, 04:34 PM   #10
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:

Gl
Quote:
Get a real deal aftermarket unit. Leave the tips for the Pep boys.
Ahem on both those comments
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #11
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post
I just picked up the same diffuser after watching your video 😃. Curious to know what your thoughts on the look of the car if only the diffuser is added. I’d like to add a lip but it will likely get cracked or damaged.
Awesome, congrats! I'm assuming you're talking about a front lip and not some form of lip on the trunk... I'm not sporting a front lip, just cause I know it'll get damaged first drive into work. I think it does compliment a carbon trunk spoiler, and as others have stated, some aftermarket exhaust system, or some 90mm/100mm tips complete the look nicely.
Attached Images

12-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #12
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
For anyone confused:

Vorsteiner 4001 is the "GTS" one on their site - less aggressive
Vorsteiner 4250 is the "GTS-V" one on their site - much longer vertical blades
Appreciate 1