BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-08-2019, 12:44 AM   #89
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payamm3 View Post
Finally did it. Bought the activation from
kubax86.

1) ENET cable (bought from amazon)
2) Windows OS. I have Mac. Installed parallels with windows 10. It's free during trial period
3) solid internet connection. I used my iPhone as hotspot.
4) usb-c to Ethernet dongle

Once you send the money via PayPal to
kubax86 (PM him for more info), he will send you a link to download the software. It's tied to your VIN number and he said I can use it twice.

Open windows and install the software. Connect the ENET cable to your laptop and your car's obd connector. If using parallels or VMware, make sure to select connect directly to windows as opposed to bridge mode.

Once connected, click "Find Vehicle". It should find your car (will display VIN number). Click on "identify". It will try and connect to some cloud server and start downloading stuff. This takes a minute. After that click "Start" button.

The process will take a good 5 minutes. Make sure your laptop doesn't go to sleep, don't turn off your car. Just relax and watch the progress. Your entertainment unit will restart a few times, will blackout, will show blue screen, will show "No Signal" for a while and finally it will come up and you will see "Success" on the screen.

Once finished you have your full screen CarPlay.

I'm running ios13, so I have the latest greatest and it's just awesome.

See pictures for more info.

Good luck.
Are you running ios 13 beta?
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 01:33 AM   #90
Payamm3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Quote:
kubax86.

2) Windows OS. I have Mac. Installed parallels with windows 10. It's free during trial period

kubax86 (PM him for more info), he will send you a link to download the software. It's tied to your VIN number and he said I can use it twice.

Open windows and install the software. Connect the ENET cable to your laptop and your car's obd connector. If using parallels or VMware, make sure to select connect directly to windows as opposed to bridge mode.

Once connected, click "Find Vehicle". It should find your car (will display VIN number). Click on "identify". It will try and connect to some cloud server and start downloading stuff. This takes a minute. After that click "Start" button.

The process will take a good 5 minutes. Make sure your laptop doesn't go to sleep, don't turn off your car. Just relax and watch the progress. Your entertainment unit will restart a few times, will blackout, will show blue screen, will show "No Signal" for a while and finally it will come up and you will see "Success" on the screen.

Good luck.
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #91
jzhu625
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f83

damn, i am jealous. can't get that in my 2015 F83!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 06:14 PM   #92
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
kubax86.

Good luck.
Yes.
Does it make carplay unstable or is it pretty stable for a beta?
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #93
Payamm3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
kubax86.

Good luck.
Yes.
It's been very stable for me. No freezing or performance hits.
iOS 13 is a month away from being released so it's pretty stable at this point. The first two beta's are usually very buggy.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #94
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
kubax86.

Good luck.
Yes.
It's been very stable for me. No freezing or performance hits.
iOS 13 is a month away from being released so it's pretty stable at this point. The first two beta's are usually very buggy.
I just installed public beta 5 and oh man, car play is so so so much better compared to iOS 12.4.

Much more responsive, the GUI is better and I love how the screen isn't now tied to what you do on your phone.

Major upgrade.

Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 06:55 AM   #95
Nonopr01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Wow a big difference and today I get to see it with the new apple IOS Beta 5 in action.
My dear fellow forum member and great help on me able to get this updated iDrive was kubax86 he guide me thru the process of making the update not only to get full screen but to update the firmware of the iDrive which did not qualify for the full screen. Save e from going to spend a day at the service center.
Got a remote connection with him and updated the drive from 5 to 6 and also coded the full screen CarPlay after that was all set and done in about 1 hour.
Here are some picture of some of the process and the final product.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nonopr01; 08-09-2019 at 07:06 AM..
Appreciate 3
hellokitty2883.50
Simple1133.50
      08-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #96
Drunkm0nk3y
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i Msport

Wow a big difference. kubax86 Thumbs up! quick and easy. He guides you with clear instructions. and even makes sure before you purchase to make sure you are compatible. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #97
ttrank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 F97 X3M, 17 F80 M3, 23 GR86

Do you need to have CarPlay added by the dealer or can it be coded in aftermarket? Mine is a 2017, not sure what iDrive version but will find out.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, could not tell for sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #98
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrank View Post
Do you need to have CarPlay added by the dealer or can it be coded in aftermarket? Mine is a 2017, not sure what iDrive version but will find out.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, could not tell for sure.

It can be coded aftermarket.
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 02:46 PM   #99
ttrank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 F97 X3M, 17 F80 M3, 23 GR86

So for anyone looking for a quick and easy CarPlay add-on talk to Kubax86. He was able to get me up and running in minutes yesterday. Communication was great, install was easy and everything works perfectly!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 08:26 AM   #100
GarryF
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SSII E90 M3

Got mine done today thanks to kubax86.

Just follow the instructions carefully and it's not that hard to do, widescreen looks great with ios beta. Just need them to allow waze to replace apple maps in shared screen.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 03:18 AM   #101
Al’Masry
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
It can be remotely updated to the newest version but you need stable power supply. EVO flashing takes about 30-40 minutes.
I need your help . iStep upgraded to R and ENET cable ready.

The question is, I had carplay and ViM and FSC lifetime coded via USB. Before the upgrade. Now all these was reset of course, Can I still use the same USB to recode or the "R" version works only with ENET now?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 03:28 AM   #102
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by karim.elmasry@gmail.com View Post
Quote:
It can be remotely updated to the newest version but you need stable power supply. EVO flashing takes about 30-40 minutes.

The question is, I had carplay and ViM and FSC lifetime coded via US. Before the upgrade. Now all these was reset of course, Can I still use the same USB to recode or the “R” version works only with ENET now?
I have Oem CarPlay with nbtevo_n and updated to nbtevo_p. I didn't loose CarPlay with this update.

Now with using ViM and FSC to activate CarPlay, why would you expect to loose CarPlay with the nbtevo_r update ?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 03:33 AM   #103
Al’Masry
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karim.elmasry@gmail.com View Post
Quote:

The question is, I had carplay and ViM and FSC lifetime coded via US. Before the upgrade. Now all these was reset of course, Can I still use the same USB to recode or the "R" version works only with ENET now?
I have Oem CarPlay with nbtevo_n and updated to nbtevo_p. I didn't loose CarPlay with this update.

Now with using ViM and FSC to activate CarPlay, why would you expect to loose CarPlay with the nbtevo_r update ?
They detected the coding "multiple VINs" the moment they connected the car to their system. They were friendly enough to give me an option, invalidate the head unit's warranty and keep the coding and no upgrade ( I was on the H version); or reset the unit to factory settings, upgrade it and keep the warranty. I told them to upgrade and remove the coding. But now I am worried to use the same USB I had before fearing that R version don't handle USB coding as I have read on the forums
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2019, 06:04 AM   #104
Nonopr01
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
I can help with remote updates if anyone needs them. Drop me a PM
thanks but I already updated with kubax86
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 07:29 AM   #105
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonopr01 View Post
What i find very interesting is that to update the idrive version is only thru a service center or is there a remote code offering from someone in here.
I can help with remote updates if anyone needs them. Drop me a PM
What are the advantages/updates from nbtevo_p to r ?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 07:39 AM   #106
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
What are the advantages/updates from nbtevo_p to r ?
Nothing interesting
Fullscreen is already possible on NBTEvo_P.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 11:58 AM   #107
Kristalov
Dr. K
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 718 GT4RS,'19 F82, '24 G87

Garage List
I highly recommend using kubax86 for fullscreen Apple Car Play. I purchased and coded it first thing this morning in about 10 minutes and it works like a charm. Easy to follow instructions and as advertised.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #108
moonluv810
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X3, 2018 BMW M3, 2022

I just did the full screen patch from Kubax.
Is there a way to get album artwork to show on Amazon Music or Spotify?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 04:43 PM   #109
yjypm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonluv810 View Post
I just did the full screen patch from Kubax.
Is there a way to get album artwork to show on Amazon Music or Spotify?
IOS 13 is the solution.

Instagram:catpupu_f80
Appreciate 1
moonluv8102477.50
      08-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #110
Nonopr01
Lieutenant
Rep

Yes IOS 13 version 6 make it even better.
Appreciate 0