Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-12-2023, 04:34 PM   #23
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
I like it. I might try it out myself. I wish we could change the stock gauge illumination to amber. That would be a home run for me. Classic bimmer.
You actually can, it just takes a bit of soldering knowledge and time. Ive heard of people who swap out the LEDs with brighter or even different color ones.

I think benzinfabrik LEDs work although I'm not sure which specific LEDs are used.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 12:53 AM   #24
F82///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pqbrown View Post
Imagine being so triggered by a person who swapped out their gauge needles on a car you’ve never seen by a person you don’t even know…cope level 0
Both my posts were on topic while you keep commenting me. You can't bully people in liking your stuff. Sadly this is another example why participation trophy for kids was and is bad idea.

First post was directed to the OP. Haven't even seen that second set of pictures was yours and now when I did, have to say OP did way better job. Not only with cluster but in discussion about it as well.
Appreciate 1
HotRodM4687.00
      03-26-2024, 04:21 PM   #25
omgdee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 COMPETITION

Garage List
Red and white 😍😍😍
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 06:41 PM   #26
maniz
Assistant TO the Regional Manager
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82///M View Post
It's the last M car and probably Bmw with real needles in cluster. I somewhat understood when everyone went for red start and M1-M2 buttons mod, which was completely unnecessary but this, this hurts more than words can describe.
I am with you 100%. My disdain for digital gauge clusters, electronic handbrakes, and look-ma-no-buttons A/C in the G8X platform is right up there with that for its naked mole rat grille, fake vents and body lines that go nowhere.

Traditions matter. Brand values matter.

The F8X platform's analog gauge cluster and the M-only red needles over traditional black gauges are among the last features of their kind ever on a BMW M car...we will never see them again. The end of that era needs to be cherished by the fanbase, not defaced with gauges that look more at home in Civic Type-Rs. CTR is incredible and I will own one soon as a second car but its brand ethos goes perfectly with loud gauges...BMW M's does not. There is a place for everything.

Der stärkste buchstabe der welt
Appreciate 0