GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

04-05-2020, 03:52 AM   #23
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

I'll preface this small anecdote with the fact that I've been out of the F80 M3 game for about 2 years now. I don't know about how much shops are charging for the spun crank hub repair or anything like that.

There will always be a shop that charges less, but I learned the hard way that it's worth it to get things done right the first time. ACM may charge a pretty penny for their hourly labour, but after spending about $2k because I wanted to save a few hundred dollars, I'd say it's just better to get repairs and do work correctly the first time around.

This isn't saying that there are no other competent shops around. I've personally enjoyed the company of Mike from MaxPSI when he installed my bootmod3/MaxPSI CAI etc. and he proved to be an extremely knowledgeable person, but when it comes to ACM - their work is top notch.

It's an open market, if you guys want to get your work done elsewhere - that's your prerogative. But to openly call ACM scam artists/Jeff incompetent is just downright silly lol. He's a chill guy that knows his stuff, I have no idea where the ad hominem attacks are stemming from but clearly there's some hurt feelings from something else unrelated to the installation of the crank hub fix.

Either that or the F80 forums are just becoming more hostile.. or maybe both.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 3
      04-05-2020, 07:31 AM   #24
Rbc44
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible

Jeff@ACM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
I'll preface this small anecdote with the fact that I've been out of the F80 M3 game for about 2 years now. I don't know about how much shops are charging for the spun crank hub repair or anything like that.

There will always be a shop that charges less, but I learned the hard way that it's worth it to get things done right the first time. ACM may charge a pretty penny for their hourly labour, but after spending about $2k because I wanted to save a few hundred dollars, I'd say it's just better to get repairs and do work correctly the first time around.

This isn't saying that there are no other competent shops around. I've personally enjoyed the company of Mike from MaxPSI when he installed my bootmod3/MaxPSI CAI etc. and he proved to be an extremely knowledgeable person, but when it comes to ACM - their work is top notch.

It's an open market, if you guys want to get your work done elsewhere - that's your prerogative. But to openly call ACM scam artists/Jeff incompetent is just downright silly lol. He's a chill guy that knows his stuff, I have no idea where the ad hominem attacks are stemming from but clearly there's some hurt feelings from something else unrelated to the installation of the crank hub fix.

Either that or the F80 forums are just becoming more hostile.. or maybe both.
I have dealt with Jeff@ACM for many years, at two different BMW dealerships, well before he was at ACM. He has always been honest, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. He knows his stuff, and he himself is a real BMW M enthusiast.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2020, 07:33 AM   #25
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
This thread
Appreciate 1
f8xdct158.00
      04-05-2020, 07:12 PM   #26
mdemon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AY F80 M3

ACM does amazing work. Stop feeding wrong info to interested people by saying made up things. If you don't wanna do it, just go on with your life. No need to trash someone's business.

Yeah the F80 market is too hostile. Not everyone wants to spend the 150/hr that's ok. Maybe that's not the customer base they're looking for(aka kids who can barely afford the lease payment). Just because you have a down pipe and tune doesn't make you the f80 king and definitely not the fast guy lol.

The enthusiast who bring their cars here actually believe in the shop and workmanship not just competitor analysis of pricing. It's about relationship building. They will take care of you in every event. Not put you in 46 weeks later backlog appointment because they're too busy doing new business.
Appreciate 4
      04-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #27
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

I want to personally thank everyone for contributing to this thread. The forum is a great platform to strengthen the community, but more specifically, the regional section, since that is the core of this area's enthusiasts. This section of the forums is a good place to field questions about local businesses or services, as well as just overall person to person interactions with one another. It is unfortunate that there is so much unnecessary hostility here, but that comes with the territory of an open forum. While there are valuable resources here, there is also tremendous amounts of opinions and misinformation. From the very beginning, we have always tried to provide the highest quality work that we had the means to, getting better as years went on and still continuing to do so today. Aside from the mechanical/labor aspect, we also find it important to inform and advise customers to do what's best for them and/or their vehicles. I completely understand that we are not the least expensive shop in the area, but our hourly labor rate is based upon our cost of doing business. We have invested time and money into continuously upgrading our facility for our customers' cars to be maintained and upgraded. That includes investing in our staff and service technicians who are experienced and knowledgeable in order to provide the highest quality service from the office to the lifts. We continue to try to be a cornerstone of this industry based on honesty and loyalty. We know that we cannot please every person, but we have always tried to make right by our customers in any situation we could. Many of you know us personally, some may even call us close friends. We run our business as professionally as possible, but we are enthusiasts too! We've been on the other side of the desk or in waiting rooms...and we get it. We are sympathetic to larger maintenance bills, but also get excited to build project cars with customers getting them dialed in exactly or beyond where they wanted to be. We have never lost focus of the fact that it is because of YOU that we can continue to provide dealer quality or better service to this community and we'll continue doing so for as long as we can.
Appreciate 4
BMWM5NYC496.00
joeyb26281.50
ment4t31.00
      04-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #28
LINF83
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

I got mine insane performance crank hub installed about 2500
No need to do all unnecessary things that OP mentioned lmaoo
Appreciate 2
      04-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #29
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyF80 View Post
I got mine insane performance crank hub installed about 2500
No need to do all unnecessary things that OP mentioned lmaoo
What was mentioned that is unnecessary? Penguin mentioned we pull the motor which we do not do. Not sure what else I wrote that was extra.
Appreciate 0