Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

04-14-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP

BMW M4 vs Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 S Edition 1 - In Depth Review & Comparison

The 2 Mega German Sports Car battle has been raging on for decades. The BMW M4 went with a Twin-Turbo Inline 6 with more focus as an sport car, its light and nimble. The AMG C63 S decided to keep the V8 but downsize it to 4.0 with some turbos its much more powerful than the M4 but noticeably heavier.

00:00 - 04:42 (BMW M4)
04:43 - 17:26 (Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 S Edition 1)

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Their horsepower rating is roughly the same, the C63 S just has loads of torque and that V8 growl.

I'll be honest, I just came back from the dealer and it's a really nice car. I like the interior and the AMG seats, too. The fragrance thing was really neat though you have to spring for the full Premium 3 package that also adds all the nanies. Two problems: the display screen looks super tacked on and its huge black bezel surrounded by plastic "silver" trim looks bad. The other issue is that it doesn't have enough headroom. At the lowest setting my head was brushing up against the side roof. I assume it's the non-optional panoramic roof.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Their horsepower rating is roughly the same, the C63 S just has loads of torque and that V8 growl.

I'll be honest, I just came back from the dealer and it's a really nice car. I like the interior and the AMG seats, too. The fragrance thing was really neat though you have to spring for the full Premium 3 package that also adds all the nanies. Two problems: the display screen looks super tacked on and its huge black bezel surrounded by plastic "silver" trim looks bad. The other issue is that it doesn't have enough headroom. At the lowest setting my head was brushing up against the side roof. I assume it's the non-optional panoramic roof.
I agree man the new C63 S Coupe in real life looks a beast a real beast! but Don't forget you can have all packages and exhaust unlike our M cars we need to pay for many parts to make our car looks and sounds better.

The new C63 will have facelift next year and I saw they will integrate the screen and update the lights and even Command center main nob! they will even step up ahead of us again.

U are right the Merc doesn't have headroom even with the A45 was the same issue, But how tall are ya?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniorleb View Post
I agree man the new C63 S Coupe in real life looks a beast a real beast! but Don't forget you can have all packages and exhaust unlike our M cars we need to pay for many parts to make our car looks and sounds better.

The new C63 will have facelift next year and I saw they will integrate the screen and update the lights and even Command center main nob! they will even step up ahead of us again.

U are right the Merc doesn't have headroom even with the A45 was the same issue, But how tall are ya?
Eh, considering the only external cosmetic option for the C63 is the night package that makes exterior accents gloss black, there is some parity with the shadowline trims of the competition package. The fact that the M has a far more bustling aftermarket for cosmetic enhancements should not be held against it. The exhaust thing, yeah that's a completely different matter. With open valves that Benz sounds NASTY.

I'm 6'3" and already not quite comfortable... add helmet and I'm done lol. I seriously wish the C63 had a carbon fiber roof option.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #5
Viking123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniorleb View Post

Eh, considering the only external cosmetic option for the C63 is the night package that makes exterior accents gloss black, there is some parity with the shadowline trims of the competition package. The fact that the M has a far more bustling aftermarket for cosmetic enhancements should not be held against it. The exhaust thing, yeah that's a completely different matter. With open valves that Benz sounds NASTY.

I'm 6'3" and already not quite comfortable... add helmet and I'm done lol. I seriously wish the C63 had a carbon fiber roof option.
I have one on order for delivery in June. Headroom is a real issue as I'm 6'4". It just looks great inside and out IMO and it sounds fantastic so I was willing to sacrifice a bit ?. Apparently you get marginally more headroom in the standard seats than in the performance seats.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 04:07 AM   #6
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking123 View Post
I have one on order for delivery in June. Headroom is a real issue as I'm 6'4". It just looks great inside and out IMO and it sounds fantastic so I was willing to sacrifice a bit ?. Apparently you get marginally more headroom in the standard seats than in the performance seats.
But the performance seats are so sexy compared to the regular ones! You can also train yourself to drive while leaning on the armrest because the pano roof opening is a good 1.5" higher than the surrounding. Seriously, give this car a carbon fiber roof and DCT or manual, and it would be a perfect murder machine. Can't beat a V8. At the end I dropped it off my list because after options it was already $10K more than a loaded F82 and no dealer was willing to go below MSRP, so even with the somewhat nicer EU discount from Benz, I was still looking at a close to $15K difference. Couldn't justify it, especially with the headroom concern.

I got an M4 on order, but now am going through color choice anxiety, and to make matters worse a 2014 Carrera S with the X51 performance package popped up locally for basically the price I'm paying for the M.

So new M4 plus European trip but multi-month wait vs. 911 now.

First world problems.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 01:22 AM   #7
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
But the performance seats are so sexy compared to the regular ones! You can also train yourself to drive while leaning on the armrest because the pano roof opening is a good 1.5" higher than the surrounding. Seriously, give this car a carbon fiber roof and DCT or manual, and it would be a perfect murder machine. Can't beat a V8. At the end I dropped it off my list because after options it was already $10K more than a loaded F82 and no dealer was willing to go below MSRP, so even with the somewhat nicer EU discount from Benz, I was still looking at a close to $15K difference. Couldn't justify it, especially with the headroom concern.

I got an M4 on order, but now am going through color choice anxiety, and to make matters worse a 2014 Carrera S with the X51 performance package popped up locally for basically the price I'm paying for the M.

So new M4 plus European trip but multi-month wait vs. 911 now.

First world problems.
I had the A45 AMG back until 2015 it had the same performance seats, they ae super supportive and looks amazing but the seating position is not spot on and in long distances its good but as good as the M4 seats!

As for the Automatic Gear box it is good man especially for daily usage and c63 got all the equipment from Exterior parts, exhaust and all by the time you add all that it wont be much more expensive than the M4 with all the M performance parts.
Appreciate 0