R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-15-2024, 11:28 PM   #1
jonf49
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 Competition

Lame change alert - glitching

For some reason, I have noticed that sometimes my blind spot or lane change alerts don’t work. I’m referring to when the side mirror lights up and the steering wheel vibrates when there is a car in the lane you are trying to change into. What’s weird is that when I toggle this feature off and on again from the buttons on the left side of the steering column it starts working. This has happened about 3 times in the past couple of weeks - coincidentally I think when the rain started here.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 12:33 PM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonf49 View Post
For some reason, I have noticed that sometimes my blind spot or lane change alerts don’t work. I’m referring to when the side mirror lights up and the steering wheel vibrates when there is a car in the lane you are trying to change into. What’s weird is that when I toggle this feature off and on again from the buttons on the left side of the steering column it starts working. This has happened about 3 times in the past couple of weeks - coincidentally I think when the rain started here.

Thoughts?
How fast were you going? There is a minimum speed for it to activate.

Also for some reason if you pass a car and then the car shows up in your blindspot... it doesn't alert. But if you are casually cruising and then a car shows up in your blindspot, it will detect it.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1
jonf49132.50
      02-22-2024, 09:43 PM   #3
jonf49
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post

Also for some reason if you pass a car and then the car shows up in your blindspot... it doesn't alert. But if you are casually cruising and then a car shows up in your blindspot, it will detect it.
You were spot on with your feedback. Just takes some getting used to.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 10:12 PM   #4
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post

Interesting. I never knew if you passed a car then it caught up that it wouldn't be detected.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 12:36 AM   #5
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Interesting. I never knew if you passed a car then it caught up that it wouldn't be detected.
I think I could of been more clear. Essentially if you are just passing cars and when they are in your blind spot, it wouldn't detect the car in your blind spot.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 02:11 AM   #6
WhiteFox
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Never heard of that - There are two radar sensors in the bumper one on each side and over a certain speed they will turn on (15mph). If it detects cars at a certain radius it will pick up.

Note BMW made a few revisions to this sensor and first gen they were known to be glitchy.

If water is the issue may want to check plugs esp if you have driven in large volumes of water.
Appreciate 0