proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

06-06-2023, 07:51 AM   #1
Solo_G
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Accurate Grey Titan 7’s on BSM F80

Hello all, I just got my wheels back from being powder coated and thought I’d share a few pics. They are Titan 7 TS-5’s and I had them redone in prismatic powders accurate grey with a coat of clear coat. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out, it’s a bit different than the typical gunmetal or silver I was originally going to go with. Anyway on to the pics:
Attached Images

GERMAN M34182.00
      06-06-2023, 08:55 AM   #2
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Hockey Night In Canada 3? (Just a rando guess...)

Did you happen to weigh them before and after? Curious as to how much the powdercoating added to the weight (I can't imagine it would be a lot, but still curious...)?
      06-06-2023, 09:09 AM   #3
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Thanks for sharing. Looks great 👍🏻

Not sure if it’s the lighting, but this prismatic powder grey looks pretty close to the standard satin titanium finish that the TS-5s come with, just that yours has a clear coat? Maybe a tad darker shade of grey. Edit: looking again, this has a hue of blue as well.

I’ve thought about the TS-5s for quite a while, and had actually contemplated going the other way for my BSM i.e. a tad more silver, but also with a clear coat.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 09:56 AM   #4
Solo_G
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
Hockey Night In Canada 3? (Just a rando guess...)

Did you happen to weigh them before and after? Curious as to how much the powdercoating added to the weight (I can't imagine it would be a lot, but still curious...)?
I did not get a chance to weigh them but I would imagine the difference would be negligible because they previously were powder coated in the standard satin black that Titan sells them with.
      06-06-2023, 10:00 AM   #5
Solo_G
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkenc View Post
Thanks for sharing. Looks great 👍🏻

Not sure if it’s the lighting, but this prismatic powder grey looks pretty close to the standard satin titanium finish that the TS-5s come with, just that yours has a clear coat? Maybe a tad darker shade of grey. Edit: looking again, this has a hue of blue as well.

I’ve thought about the TS-5s for quite a while, and had actually contemplated going the other way for my BSM i.e. a tad more silver, but also with a clear coat.
I appreciate it! Yeah it might be the lightning but it is a little darker with a blue tone to it and no metallic flake at all. I would definitely recommend the clear coat, it makes a big difference and I feel it’s easier to clean than a satin finish.
      06-06-2023, 10:05 AM   #6
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Good point - I missed the metallic flakes! So tempting to get a set myself, but I’ve held out for this long… I can continue holding out 😆

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0