Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

09-06-2021, 11:26 PM   #89
Bigmats
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M50i

Is the BMW Nano Matt Wax just available at BMW dealers or does anyone know of retailers that sell it? Both dealers in my area don’t have it in stock.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:21 AM   #90
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmats View Post
Is the BMW Nano Matt Wax just available at BMW dealers or does anyone know of retailers that sell it? Both dealers in my area don’t have it in stock.
Normally just at dealers. Of course they don't have it on stock - how many do you think they'd sell
Just order it. Or check on eBay.
      09-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #91
Bigmats
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M50i

Thanks. Found some at a dealer in Vancouver so I will courier one in from there.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 03:46 AM   #92
sparky76
Registered
Rep
Drives: btw i3 ix1

I have just ordered my Frozen grey IX1, I have been very nervous about this as the net is filled with myths and such about not to get a matte paint car!.
The car won't be garaged and left to the elements in Norway, however after talking to BMW and seeing posts like this my mind has been put at ease.
I was going to use Gtechniq C1 and EOX V4 to ceramic seal the car however not having a garage to apply it to the car I thought I was in trouble, however this BMW Nano wax looks ideal.
How easy is it to apply and buff off? I assume it will be easy as you can't buff to hard?
I have heard some people still take there Matte cars to auto wash places to and as long as you get one that can wash without added wax etc its fine, does anyone have experience with this ?

Amazing finish to your car after using this I am very impressed, I might still get a ceramic coat and use this on top
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 04:46 AM   #93
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Welcome to the forum, sparky76

First of all, since I am also a “victim” of the elements in Norway, I can give you one piece of advise - forget ceramic, do a PPF on the most exposed panels (bonnet, bumpers, etc.). That’s if you really care about your new car and paintjob. The so-called elements in Norway are pieces of asteroids in the winter, somehow ejected with twice the speed your electric car can ever do…. And damage the paint sometimes even through PPF, not to mention without.

This aside, the bmw nano wax is very easy to work with. It doesn’t get hard so it is very easy to buff off, no hard rubbing required. I am still extremely pleased with it and its hydrophobic qualities and durability.
Which is why I dropped any ideas about ceramic coatings.

If you do ceramic though - there is absolutely no point of adding wax on top! This will also prevent you from maintaining the ceramic coating properly. I would not do that.

Automated car washes (also called Scratchomatics) - never a good idea, irrespective of the paintjob. Start hand-washing. At least that’s very common and easy to do in Norway, unlike other countries.

On a side note - could it be that you are originally from UK and moved to the Oslo area a couple of years ago? Could the world be so small?
      04-09-2023, 07:53 PM   #94
FRZN CS
FNG
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS FDBII

Bumping to ask if there are any "over the counter" matte-friendly wash soaps... like, something that's available at Auto Zone or similar. I know *no wax*, but I thought I'd ask before heading there and reading every bottle of car wash soap.

Just drove my FDB2 home 1200 miles and... many bugs perished in the making of the return trip.

I do have a bottle of BMW bug & tar remover, but I didn't plan ahead and my DB wash won't be here for a bit and I want to get the guts off ASAP.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17445.00
      04-10-2023, 12:10 AM   #95
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Congrats on the car FRZN CS, be sure to post pics of your new car in the other forum for CS owners!! 1,200 mile drive home too, nice! That's about the distance I drive from my home in St. Louis to my apartment in Miami, takes me around 17 hours or so.

Hey quick question for everyone on the application of this BMW nano wax as I can't see to find it anywhere. Do you use an orbital buffer (which would surprise me), or it is just hand application only? If hand application, what do you use to apply the nano wax? I'm interested in this for my FDB2 CS. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 02:45 AM   #96
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Hand application only, of course!

Sponge or MF applicator is all it takes, then a MF tower to buff off. Quality of MF matters! Don’t use cheap household MF towels.
      04-30-2023, 06:49 PM   #97
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Hand application only, of course!

Sponge or MF applicator is all it takes, then a MF tower to buff off. Quality of MF matters! Don’t use cheap household MF towels.
Fantastic, thank you for your help!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 10:22 PM   #98
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Ordered the BMW Nano wax and the applicator package, hope to receive/wax the car this week. Will post some pics when done.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 09:23 AM   #99
91blksi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

What product to use to get out the white spots out of frozen paint ?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2023, 02:59 AM   #100
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

What white spots…?
Depending on what it is and what you have under or on top (wax, sealant, coating…?) there are different products you can try.
      07-26-2023, 07:45 AM   #101
91blksi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
What white spots…?
Depending on what it is and what you have under or on top (wax, sealant, coating…?) there are different products you can try.
White water spots …I don’t see them when the car is wet, only when dried
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 10:47 AM   #102
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

You could try with CG HD Water Spot Remover

https://www.chemicalguys.com/heavy-d...t-remover.html

No personal experience though.

Use filtered water to wash your car in the future to avoid them and/or dry your car properly after wash.