proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

12-10-2020, 04:07 AM   #1
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F[am]80 M3

Recent IND Distribution Experience

Would like to document my most recent purchase experience with IND Distribution which was less than awesome and not as great as my last (2) purchases. I hope those who plan on purchasing the following items have at least a better experience than I did.

This past Black Friday, I purchased a set of the “BMW M Performance F8X M3 / M4 Lower Splitter Replacement” SKU: 51192350711 painted Black Sapphire Metallic and added on the carbon fiber side splitters through this link https://ind-distribution.com/collect...er-replacement. I dropped decent amount money.

Checking out, processing, and initial delivery time was excellent.

Come delivery day, 08DEC2020, I received the BSM painted BMW M Performance F8X M3 / M4 Lower Splitter Replacement and carbon front splitters. Noticed that the Front Upper Adapter was missing, Part C in the BMW M Performance Lip Installation pdf, an important part at that. Next day I emailed IND as well as called directly and whom I talked to Cat btw. She handled the situation quite well; quickly & efficient. She reached out to the IND team to find the Front Upper Adapter which they did find supposedly and shipped out promptly. We’ll see if I actually receive Front Upper Adapter come delivery day, Monday 14DEC2020.

After that incident I got the feeling to double check all the items, just my luck, more items are missing. A few of the hardware bags(bag 1, bag 3, bag 7) and the (2) black adhesive tape. Getting bummed..spent all that money and not receiving my 100% complete order. Strike 2. I’ve already sent an email and will follow up with a phone call next day.

Out of frustration, I must say all of this could of been avoided in the first place if attention to detail was applied especially with an intricate order.

Will update progress accordingly. Stand by.

Last edited by EezyBeezy; 12-10-2020 at 04:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 08:23 AM   #2
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Not to point blame as we take full responsibility but many BMW kits have been shipped to us incomplete over the last three months. We do our best to check every part but very few do slip through before shipping to our customers.

Our support team received your email regarding the missing hardware this morning and we will have it shipped out today via express.

We have been members of this forum for many years and will always make it right for fellow enthusiast.
VeloF1318.00
9M711232.50
dubsesd6318.00
x.shell6576.50
dms-011129.50
      12-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #3
Nate@IND
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EezyBeezy View Post
Would like to document my most recent purchase experience with IND Distribution which was less than awesome and not as great as my last (2) purchases. I hope those who plan on purchasing the following items have at least a better experience than I did.
Wanted to reply directly to this part of the experience. This year has been anything but normal and we have been experiencing major supply chain issues. I have seen countless parts missing from factory BMW boxes during the last three months. During the pandemic we have seen an increase in sales by 50% and normally any company would be happy with this but not us. IND was created to be a small hands on niche company and the growth has been extremely challenging for the team here. I'll continue to adjust to the growth and we are working around the clock to scale up. We do ask for customers to be more understanding and patient with us. At the end of the day we have been here for over 15 years and will always be a pm or call away.
x.shell6576.50
T1M3LESS2269.50
      12-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #4
rkyan661
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Agree this year has been very difficult for suppliers and companies. I've had issues with packages I ordered from other vendors and things have also been lost or delayed by the shipping carriers (due to volume). However, I've had nothing but great service and an excellent experience from IND. (Nate, Ryan and Cat)
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #5
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Been a customer of theirs for 5 years. Not here to say you're experience was great, however, sh1t happens and as long as they make it right (the important part), no harm done minus a few extra days wait. I promise you it does them no benefit on their end to ship you incomplete items just to have to deal with it and reship out again. As a business owner that is just a headache and I'd definitely try to reduce the chances of that happening.

To expect zero mistakes ever in the retail industry is not realistic; with that said I believe IND will take care of you and hope you receive your parts soon!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 12:49 PM   #6
Ervin87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | B5 S4 | E30

The folks at IND are great and I have yet to see them not make it right. I would have waited to hear back prior to creating a post like this.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #7
M3nmotion18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 IR ZCP BM3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [9.87]
2021 MINI COOPER  [10.00]
2023 GENESIS GV60  [10.00]
2017 LEXUS RX350  [10.00]
I've been ordering parts from Ryan for the past 3 years and my experience has been great with other team members as well. I can tell you that when I order the CS LIP from the BMW in CA, the entire hardware was missing as well, but shipped to me overnight and resolve the issue. IND will take care you and hope to get your parts soon
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #8
VeloF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82, 996 Turbo S, E46 & E36

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
iND always been solid. Cat is super responsive even a couple orders over last 6 months during Covid-19. Yea, the pandemic definitely has impacted everything. Yet, I’ve not experienced anything with iND. I’ll keep buying from them. in fact, she’s helping me now with camber plates!

Last edited by VeloF1; 12-10-2020 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #9
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep

I apologize for over reacting, just got caught up in the moment.

What I didn't mentioned is that, story in itself, UPS EFF'd up real good when delivering the huge package containing the M Performance lip & splitters; UPS initially delivered to an wrong address. A UPS facility along the route goofed the small address sticker(can take a pic of it), (2) digits of my building number was completely wrong. UPS was able to locate the package and redeliver within 2-3hrs. So this event already had me going on downward slope prior to finding out parts were missing..

Today, 10DEC2020, to IND Distribution's credit, did come through with tracking information for the missing hardware.

Thank you very much to all @ IND Distribution for handling this situation. I understand we are living in crazy times, however I expect no less from anyone, only their best selves. Again I do apologize, I have no intentions of taking away from IND, but if anything help gain customers by showing the wrongs(not intentional in this matter) are getting righted. IND has been very responsive and acted swiftly, OUTSTANDING I must say. Better than the military environment i'm in.

Will report back once I receive the missing front upper adapter & bags of hardware and all checks good.

Last edited by EezyBeezy; 12-10-2020 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #10
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Probably the only company I trust is IND
Bought many items. Never an issue. Customer service is best I’ve seen. Never heard a true negative experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 04:20 PM   #11
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.17]
IND is like guilty pleasure. Website, service, communication, and part selection is top shelf.

Only thing I would suggest reviewing, is the packaging... I recognize we're paying for it but all this for a tow hook cover It's got to be 6' of bubble wrap, plus 3' paper towel sleeve, plus box.

I can say it arrived safely in one piece, and I have a spare packaging supplies for when I inevitably sell something.
Attached Images

12-11-2020, 04:48 PM   #12
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by EezyBeezy View Post
I apologize for over reacting, just got caught up in the moment.

What I didn't mentioned is that, story in itself, UPS EFF'd up real good when delivering the huge package containing the M Performance lip & splitters; UPS initially delivered to an wrong address. A UPS facility along the route goofed the small address sticker(can take a pic of it), (2) digits of my building number was completely wrong. UPS was able to locate the package and redeliver within 2-3hrs. So this event already had me going on downward slope prior to finding out parts were missing..

Today, 10DEC2020, to IND Distribution's credit, did come through with tracking information for the missing hardware.

Thank you very much to all @ IND Distribution for handling this situation. I understand we are living in crazy times, however I expect no less from anyone, only their best selves. Again I do apologize, I have no intentions of taking away from IND, but if anything help gain customers by showing the wrongs(not intentional in this matter) are getting righted. IND has been very responsive and acted swiftly, OUTSTANDING I must say. Better than the military environment i'm in.

Will report back once I receive the missing front upper adapter & bags of hardware and all checks good.
You did not overreact
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 08:14 PM   #13
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Here's an update. IND overnight shipped a complete new set of hardware and received yesterday Friday 11DEC2020.

And this morning, 12DEC2020, received the Front Upper adapter.

IND came through & delivered. Received the missing Front Upper adapter and a completely new set of hardware within a week. I am thoroughly satisfied and now able to install my new M Performance front lip and CF splitters correctly. Without any hesitation, buy with confidence from IND Distribution. IND will take care you.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 08:19 PM   #14
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
IND is like guilty pleasure. Website, service, communication, and part selection is top shelf.

Only thing I would suggest reviewing, is the packaging... I recognize we're paying for it but all this for a tow hook cover It's got to be 6' of bubble wrap, plus 3' paper towel sleeve, plus box.

I can say it arrived safely in one piece, and I have a spare packaging supplies for when I inevitably sell something.
IND goes above & beyond at packaging items securely. Can't think of anyone who can even come close.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #15
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

I have never dealt with a better distributor than IND. They are always there to resolve any issues also no questions asked.
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 09:21 PM   #16
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
I have never dealt with a better distributor than IND. They are always there to resolve any issues also no questions asked.
They have done things for me I never would of thought was possible.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 02:44 PM   #17
careagax5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

I have bought several items from IND ( online and in person ) in person I dealt with Cat ( super nice person ) but to my point I've never had issues with them . Glad your issue was addressed though
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #18
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

I don’t understand why you were so quick to post your bad experience before seeing if they could resolve it. You said your other two experiences were good. Well did you post about them? I hate when people only post a review when something goes wrong but never when a company provided them good service/products.
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 3
      12-16-2020, 08:22 PM   #19
Matt@autotalent
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW e92 M3 DCT supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzM3 View Post
I don’t understand why you were so quick to post your bad experience before seeing if they could resolve it. You said your other two experiences were good. Well did you post about them? I hate when people only post a review when something goes wrong but never when a company provided them good service/products.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 09:17 PM   #20
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzM3 View Post
Why? Because i'm not okay getting shorted, unless you are bud.

Yes, that's correct, my previous (2) experiences through IND Distribution were great. Just because I have not posted about them yet, does not mean never. In due time and will be worthwhile.

You should post up "I hate people only posting a review when something goes wrong but never when a company provided them good service/products" thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 07:06 AM   #21
Nate@IND
Rep

Drives: BMW

Personally I enjoy all kinds of feedback. Negative or positive. We are human and we all make errors. I take the feedback and use it as a tool to improve the overall experience. For this pictorial case I got with the shipping team together and we reviewed the front lip hardware so that this does not happen again.

What I don't agree with is the malicious attacks against the staff here. Customers forget that we are a small group of automotive enthusiast and not some giant robotic corporation. Modding is supposed to be enjoyable. We need to get the community feel back and stop the attacks at all levels.
      12-18-2020, 07:23 PM   #22
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

I have bought from IND in the past, when I'm too lazy to price hunt/compare. In my opinion I'd rather pay a premium if there is any and buy from a company like IND that has the customer service they have. I have been burned before, just this past Saturday I went to a local shop that is new to install 2 Michelin PS4 and had the worst experience and the owner actually fights with me..?

I wish all shops were like IND, where you can rest easy knowing there's care and customer service. No reason to leave a bad review until you give them a chance to correct something out of their control. But glad it worked out for you and you are happy
Previous BMW: E36 Reiger Custom Green vert E46 ///M3 Cabonblack vert E46 ///M3 AW vert E63 645ci AW Coupe E92 ///M3 AW E93 ///M3 SG Vert
Appreciate 0