Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

07-05-2023, 10:33 AM   #1
cmcintosh339
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Reliable Service Group in SoCal

Good day, fellow BMW family.

I have to get a few services done on my 2018 ZCP F80. Specifically, I have alerts for my engine oil, rear differential oil, and brake fluid.

I live right next to Irvine, which I know houses the main Irvine BMW dealership but they charge quite a high $$$. Do you know of any alternatives that I can go to in the area that you would recommend?

Thanks for your help in advance!
      07-05-2023, 03:39 PM   #2
Ant_tc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 30 Jahre

European auto source in Anaheim
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2023, 06:19 PM   #3
F80RN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80 m3/2016 x3

There’s a new shop in Lake Forest called S5X Performance, but personally they haven’t called me back.

EAS in Anaheim is very good

I personally vouch for StudioRSR. They’ve done my installs, insurance claim for a parking lot hit, maintenance and alignment ever since I got my car.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2023, 09:42 PM   #4
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80RN View Post
There’s a new shop in Lake Forest called S5X Performance, but personally they haven’t called me back.

EAS in Anaheim is very good

I personally vouch for StudioRSR. They’ve done my installs, insurance claim for a parking lot hit, maintenance and alignment ever since I got my car.
S5X/Dialed In Performance is ran by a bunch of kids.

They tried to bill extra for correcting a mistake that they made during an installation. They also apparently start the clock the second your car pulls into the garage even if it sits there (the car is not even off the ground yet).

Needless to say, I wasn't happy paying $150 a hour waiting for the car to cool down or for one of their techs to "free up" to start working on the car.

Maybe I am being overly critical, but as I've gotten older, that stuff doesn't fly with me. I start the clock when the first bolt is turned until the job is complete.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 02:18 AM   #5
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post

They tried to bill extra for correcting a mistake that they made during an installation. They also apparently start the clock the second your car pulls into the garage even if it sits there (the car is not even off the ground yet).

Needless to say, I wasn't happy paying $150 a hour waiting for the car to cool down or for one of their techs to "free up" to start working on the car.

Maybe I am being overly critical, but as I've gotten older, that stuff doesn't fly with me. I start the clock when the first bolt is turned until the job is complete.
If you’re willing to drive to Arcadia, RTMotorworks is pretty good. Specializes in BMWs. His rate is 100 an hour and he doesn’t charge you by the hour. He charges by the job but you can see the breakdown in the receipt of he charges per hour.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 2
      08-05-2023, 02:52 AM   #6
Miyamodel
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

I've taken mine to S5X/Dialed In exclusively since I got the car a few months ago. I've done CBC install, lowering springs and alignment there. There's one guy who handles scheduling and once you get his number, he's extremely communicative and easy to get in touch with to make appts. Always got quotes and time estimates beforehand and they've been very reasonable - much cheaper than other shops. CBC install was $200 here vs $600 at EAS and $275 at Studio RSR. Not knocking either of these shops, I'm sure they do great work, but I have no complaints with the job that Dialed In did especially considering the price. They did my springs in literally one hour.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 10:06 AM   #7
bloung5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 01 LSB e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post

That is some bullshit. I would fight that, charging me from the moment I pull in. EAS is great, I have used them on my e46 and also my f80.
Appreciate 1
hellokitty2897.00