R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

08-22-2019, 12:11 PM   #67
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K7 View Post
I believe all low mileage, accident free GTS cars in the US will be selling for $100K+ within 5-7 years (conservative estimate). Feel free to wager a bet. I'll bet $10,000. If I'm wrong, I owe you $10K. If you're wrong, you owe me $10K.
Now we're talking. You guys can Venmo me $10k each and I'll hold the bet in escrow.

I uh.....promise to still be around to pay the money out in 5 years 🤞😄
Appreciate 1
minn1914010.50
      08-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #68
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
What I meant is... right now.

If the base C8 embarrasses it, Kim launches and the economy tanks, sure. Values always subject to change.

The design variables you mention have already taken their toll. Market isn't going to wake up tomorrow and realize it's more race car than grocery getter. Dwindling for sale #'s reflect an increasing number recognizing the value at current prices though.
Couldn't be happier for Vette fans, Had a few prior to my M's and I hope the C8 kills it. Unbelievable car!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #69
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickl630 View Post
Couldn't be happier for Vette fans, Had a few prior to my M's and I hope the C8 kills it. Unbelievable car!
Never an owner, but couldn't agree more.

I think the American impact on the GTS has already occurred though.

No one was holding the 997 RS to task in light of the C7 Grand Sport's performance. Beating up the GTS, arguing for diminished value because of (presumably) strong C8 performance 4 years post-GTS seems cruel and unusual...

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #70
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
What I meant is... right now.

If the base C8 embarrasses it, Kim launches and the economy tanks, sure. Values always subject to change.

The design variables you mention have already taken their toll. Market isn't going to wake up tomorrow and realize it's more race car than grocery getter. Dwindling for sale #'s reflect an increasing number recognizing the value at current prices though.
The new Vette was one example. There are many cheaper cars that beat both of our cars around a track assuming driver to driver parity.

The economy as most know has been growing seemingly forever. A recession sooner rather than later is inevitable. Depending on how bad it is we all know what people dump first, luxury items.

Agreed people are picking them up at relatively bargain prices. Even at that they aren’t hard to get a hold of so I guess I don’t see the optimism for prices holding much less appreciating.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 01:01 PM   #71
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickl630 View Post
Agree 100%. It seems like he thinks he's being personally attacked when a counter argument is being presented.

I keep trying to have a good conversation about the collectibily of a car and get "okay make a 10k bet" and apparently the GTS is God's gift to track cars and the CS is a pesant.
I mean, is he wrong? Filthy peasants without water injection to clean their pistons like a civilized car. I vote we do our best to keep the rabble out of here.
Appreciate 4
minn1914010.50
FormulaMMM3662.50
Darth One6612.50
BigHunk269.50
      08-22-2019, 01:08 PM   #72
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomeler View Post
I mean, is he wrong? Filthy peasants without water injection to clean their pistons like a civilized car. I vote we do our best to keep the rabble out of here.
The Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari on and on guys are laughing at this comment to.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #73
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
From the bottom of the list.

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/b...7024?cldtidx=4

Appears to have North American seats, with metric instrument cluster.. I wonder if this was a Canadian car.

This is the 3rd North American spec I've seen overseas - it appears that these are being imported back since the market there is stronger.
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #74
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
The new Vette was one example. There are many cheaper cars that beat both of our cars around a track assuming driver to driver parity.

The economy as most know has been growing seemingly forever. A recession sooner rather than later is inevitable. Depending on how bad it is we all know what people dump first, luxury items.

Agreed people are picking them up at relatively bargain prices. Even at that they aren’t hard to get a hold of so I guess I don’t see the optimism for prices holding much less appreciating.
What I'm suggesting is, the hit has already occurred. It's almost 2020! Somewhere I wrote at length about how I think the contemporary American track car market impacted GTS values. That was before I owned one.

But see my post just above your last. There's more to future value than whether a previous gen car can hang with the new crowd. Most -- even the very best of the previous gen (997 RS) -- can't.

What will be interesting is if the for sale #'s drop into the single digits, and if at some point there's just a few for sale nationwide. I'm not the only one who wouldn't sell for what I bought it for. I remember when there were well over 100 for sale. Maybe even almost 200, if memory isn't failing me.

But next week there might be 40 for sale. Who knows... I'm more interested in counting the latest collection of rubber marks from the track than I am the thousands gained or lost on this thing. It's endlessly entertaining.

Appreciate 1
minn1914010.50
      08-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #75
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
What I'm suggesting is, the hit has already occurred. It's almost 2020! Somewhere I wrote at length about how I think the contemporary American track car market impacted GTS values. That was before I owned one.

But see my post just above your last. There's more to future value than whether a previous gen car can hang with the new crowd. Most -- even the very best of the previous gen (997 RS) -- can't.

What will be interesting is if the for sale #'s drop into the single digits, and if at some point there's just a few for sale nationwide. I'm not the only one who wouldn't sell for what I bought it for. I remember when there were well over 100 for sale. Maybe even almost 200, if memory isn't failing me.

But next week there might be 40 for sale. Who knows... I'm more interested in counting the latest collection of rubber marks from the track than I am the thousands gained or lost on this thing. It's endlessly entertaining.
Agreed and FWIW, I am rooting for you (us) guys in the end.
Appreciate 1
FormulaMMM3662.50
      08-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #76
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomeler View Post
17.2 psi, lol...

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 05:37 PM   #77
66kcode
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4GTS

If anybody is interested

If anybody is interested. I have a Black M4 GTS with 9 miles on it, and will be listing it shortly. Still has factory plastic covering most seats, door frame, etc. was originally going to be track car but due to extensive travel it never happened. I have taken on new job putting me back in the city so the car has to go. It's perfect and has been in climate/dust controlled storage since day one and I hold title. I would like to get 90k or best offer. Message me if interested. thanks
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #78
the_scotsman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sport Evo/JP M3/M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post

Appears to have North American seats, with metric instrument cluster.. I wonder if this was a Canadian car.

This is the 3rd North American spec I've seen overseas - it appears that these are being imported back since the market there is stronger.
On the pic of the cluster it shows "Efficient Dynamics"

I've seen it in few other GTS listings and the 340 loaner I had, but I've never seen it in my GTS (not sure why I would want too).

Is this just people taking pictures of regular 3 series to make the mileage look lower (bait and switch) or does this "mode" really exist?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 12:02 AM   #79
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post

On the pic of the cluster it shows "Efficient Dynamics"

I've seen it in few other GTS listings and the 340 loaner I had, but I've never seen it in my GTS (not sure why I would want too).

Is this just people taking pictures of regular 3 series to make the mileage look lower (bait and switch) or does this "mode" really exist?
There is an option in the idrive menu to change it back. It happened to me after my istep was updated.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 09:36 AM   #80
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
Just checked. Only 2 "under 80,000" (the ones I mentioned in my post at 80,000). I do not really consider $79,999 and $79,488 under $80,000...
Sorry about that...Thought one penny did not matter much... $500 may be...

What is noticeable is that we went from around 20 on Cars.com (or Autotrader) last month to around 10 today...
There is a trend.

Congrats to the ones who benefited from those deals!
They are under $80 when the $79k dealers will take offer below that. Sorry about that.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #81
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep

I wouldn’t touch these things out of warranty with the inherent S55 crank hub issues. Not to mention the other issues posted in various threads like cracked knuckles. Especially if it will be abused primarily as a track car.

Once the G82 M4 arrives with the S58 and the soon after GTS/CSL. The M4 GTS values will drop and stay stagnant. There is zero correlation between E92 GTS values and F82 GTS values. The E92 actually has a bespoke engine, last of hydraulic steering and NA. There is a reason(s) why they have their value.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #82
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
I wouldn’t touch these things out of warranty with the inherent S55 crank hub issues. Not to mention the other issues posted in various threads like cracked knuckles. Especially if it will be abused primarily as a track car.

Once the G82 M4 arrives with the S58 and the soon after GTS/CSL. The M4 GTS values will drop and stay stagnant. There is zero correlation between E92 GTS values and F82 GTS values. The E92 actually has a bespoke engine, last of hydraulic steering and NA. There is a reason(s) why they have their value.
I agree with this.

But I still want one.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #83
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Base or comp G82 will be a very different car than the GTS. Especially if all-wheel. I don't see choosing between the two anymore than a 991.2 GT3/GT3 RS owner would be tempted by the 992 S.

New GTS/CSL will be 140-150? IF BMW deliver to the States. GTS is already half it's value. Not sure why this would create strong downward pressure.

In Europe where both GTS versions are offered, there is price/value correlation. Both have maintained value.

The E92 wins in the uniqueness, "last of" category, for sure. But the M4 GTS could be the last of the track-focused BMWs for the States, period.

I hope they deliver U.S. versions with roll bars and proper bucket seats in abundance, but I'm not optimistic.

Appreciate 1
2K751.50
      08-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #84
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
The US market spoke regarding new GTS and CS sale, it makes me suspect if they even bring the G-series GTS/CS to our market.

also, FWIW the GTS's roll-cage is +35lbs, an M4 rear seat is 40lbs.

the last GTS with full fluids (not the dry-weight BMW quotes), was 3,553lbs, not too far off from a CS. The items tacked onto the GTS off-sets the weight savings to where the weight between the base/comp/cs/gts isn't a big spread.

With that being said, I feel the used market GTS will be pretty hot in the years to come where things begin to level out price wise (and not to take it off-topic, even the CS to a certain extent, but not quite GTS-like money obviously).
Appreciate 1
minn1914010.50
      08-23-2019, 11:22 PM   #85
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The E92 wins in the uniqueness, "last of" category, for sure. But the M4 GTS could be the last of the track-focused BMWs for the States, period.
M4 GTS will not be the last track focused BMW for the States. Manuals are coming too. Even the F8x isn't done yet...resident insider ynguldyn is pretty convinced there is another M2 coming slotting above the yet to be released M2CS. The S55 swan song.

Last edited by M3_WC; 08-23-2019 at 11:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 08:29 PM   #86
///M3ric
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 ZCP, E92 M3 ZCP, M4 GTS

Whether the GTS is the last track focused car coming here or not is questionable, Im inclined to believe there wont be another one for a while. But even if they do bring a new one the M4 GTS might be the last good looking one for a while... these new renders make the future look rough.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 09:21 AM   #87
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3ric View Post
Whether the GTS is the last track focused car coming here or not is questionable, Im inclined to believe there wont be another one for a while. But even if they do bring a new one the M4 GTS might be the last good looking one for a while... these new renders make the future look rough.
Breathed a sigh of relief when I saw this alt render from Car. Can work with this. Even if the GTS/CSL is good looking, it will be awd.

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #88
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:

+1 S58 has a completely redesigned crank hub.
Quote:
M4 GTS will not be the last track focused BMW for the States. Manuals are coming too. Even the F8x isn't done yet...resident insider ynguldyn is pretty convinced there is another M2 coming slotting above the yet to be released M2CS. The S55 swan song.
If they actually build a M2 CSL after the CS, it will be the car to have no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if the M2 CS ends up being more sought after than the M4 GTS, just because of the manual option.
Quote:
Even if the GTS/CSL is good looking, it will be awd.
Not the current consensus, there will be RWD G8x base model. I have no doubts a GTS or CSL will be RWD as well. If they offer manuals too, that is another nail in the coffin for M4 GTS values.
Appreciate 0