Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

12-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #67
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
Hopeful of April delivery at the moment, but was warned that it could be longer. Gone for black wheels and silverstone leather.
It's just sheer luck apparently and can't be predicted. I'm only allowed to do another 2k on my car before trade-in which is a bit of a pain!

Gone for black wheels and full silverstone! Having black grilles and side gills fitted before delivery. Still pondering over M Performance bits (splitter, diffuser and spoiler).
I am lucky at the moment as due to an unfortunate incident involving Mrs W's MINI we have a loaner 116d until her new X1 arrives in early Feb so keeping my mileage down too at the moment.

I have promised I will keep mine stock, but already looking at the M performance bits and wondering about an exhaust!
      12-30-2015, 02:47 PM   #68
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
I am lucky at the moment as due to an unfortunate incident involving Mrs W's MINI we have a loaner 116d until her new X1 arrives in early Feb so keeping my mileage down too at the moment.

I have promised I will keep mine stock, but already looking at the M performance bits and wondering about an exhaust!
Doubt mine will stay stock for too long....
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #69
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex
Quote:

Doubt mine will stay stock for too long....
Its too tempting isn't it!
      12-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #70
M4 Fan
Frank
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I've just taken delivery of mine on Christmas Eve. Minural Grey, silverstone leather, DCT, black wheels, HK, adaptive lights, carbon insert and a Sunroof - I know it's not very M car.
Attached Images

Last edited by M4 Fan; 12-30-2015 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: Missed something out
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #71
M4 Fan
Frank
United Kingdom
Rep

Another picture.

Last edited by M4 Fan; 12-30-2015 at 06:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 05:24 PM   #72
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible SS/SS

Garage List
Congratulations Nutt. Nice spec. Would you please post some shots of interior please. I'm planning to order Silverstone.

CH.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #73
M4 Fan
Frank
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi CH

Inside shot.
I think it looks stunning, just hope I can keep it clean.
Attached Images

Last edited by M4 Fan; 12-30-2015 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #74
M4 Fan
Frank
United Kingdom
Rep

Another pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 02:34 AM   #75
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Looks lovely. I think MG and Silverstone work well together. I don't see a problem with having a sunroof if you want one. Sod whatever anyone else says - it's your car! .
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 02:40 AM   #76
John 3:16
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe 2016

Garage List
2014 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
It's just sheer luck apparently and can't be predicted. I'm only allowed to do another 2k on my car before trade-in which is a bit of a pain!

Gone for black wheels and full silverstone! Having black grilles and side gills fitted before delivery. Still pondering over M Performance bits (splitter, diffuser and spoiler).
Hi
I've a TB M4 coming in March. Thinking about the black grilles and side gills but unsure if they will go with the Tanzanite - any thoughts?

J
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2015, 02:41 AM   #77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
As it is individual the dealer has to ask BMW for approval. Don't know if this is a formality of if they do turn requests down.
I didn't know that.
Would be interesting to hear if they have ever refused a colour choice and why.

J
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 02:52 AM   #78
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:16
Quote:
As it is individual the dealer has to ask BMW for approval. Don't know if this is a formality of if they do turn requests down.
I didn't know that.
Would be interesting to hear if they have ever refused a colour choice and why.

J
I have read a few posts here saying that fire orange, interlagos blue and long beach blue have been denied. So it could happen.

I have a couple of back up options just in case, but hopeful all should be good.
      12-31-2015, 11:33 AM   #79
taitam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 X-Drive 2021

Joining the SMB club!

Hello everyone. Been reading the comments for quite a few days and think I must have seen the same M6 that Washy was referring to which finally pushed SMB to the top of the colour preferences. Haven't ordered just yet but getting very close.

I've found all your comments very useful.

I've been looking for an M4 for a while and it's amazing how the colour discussion is everyone's major concern - it's been mine too.Been driving my wife nuts with the tooing and froing. I agree with the comments posted - all the colours need to be seen in the flesh as photos just don't do them justice.

My only decision left now is black or silver wheels - I think the silver will stand out more on the blue and go well with the Silverstone interior.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 11:37 AM   #80
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by taitam View Post
Hello everyone. Been reading the comments for quite a few days and think I must have seen the same M6 that Washy was referring to which finally pushed SMB to the top of the colour preferences. Haven't ordered just yet but getting very close.

I've been looking for an M4 for a while and it's amazing how the colour discussion is everyone's major concern - it's been mine too.Been driving my wife nuts with the tooing and froing. I agree with the comments posted - all the colours need to be seen in the flesh as photos just don't do them justice.

My only decision left now is black or silver wheels - I think the silver will stand out more on the blue and go well with the Silverstone interior.
Hi Taitam,

Please post your full spec. I'm trying to find reasons to reduce my options list.

Black wheels all the way for me. See if you can find a couple of images showing a SMB with black and silver wheels to compare.

CH.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #81
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taitam

I went for black wheels in the end, but could easily have stayed with the silver. It is funny how we agonise over these things, poor Mrs W is long suffering in this respect, now she has to put up with the 4 month wait with me as well!
      12-31-2015, 12:59 PM   #82
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Have a look here -

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=953954

I thought long and hard over a) choosing silver wheels and b) having a sunroof (as I have always liked having one).

Decided to go black wheels (and have black grille and side gills on order) after seeing pictures and then sealing it I saw an SMB M4 at dealership with silver wheels and it just didn't do it for me. Personal thing.

Re sunroof, just decided I loved the carbon roof too much
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 02:13 PM   #83
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Carbon roof was a must have for me.
Looked at the SMB colour threads and not many M4's amongst them.
      12-31-2015, 02:20 PM   #84
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy
Carbon roof was a must have for me.
Looked at the SMB colour threads and not many M4's amongst them.
I'm big into my convertibles but the carbon roofed coupe is really testing me. I just know when the sun is out I'll cry if I can't put the roof down. If only I could afford both

CH.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 02:41 PM   #85
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 Fan
Hi CH

Inside shot.
I think it looks stunning, just hope I can keep it clean.
Thanks for the images. Beautiful! SS interior for me 100%.

CH.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 04:06 AM   #86
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post
I'm big into my convertibles but the carbon roofed coupe is really testing me. I just know when the sun is out I'll cry if I can't put the roof down. If only I could afford both

CH.
Hi
I originally wanted a convertible as the M4 looks beautiful with its roof down.
However, with the roof up, it just didn't look right to me as it totally changed the shape of the car.

Went for the coupe in the end....

J
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 05:14 AM   #87
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post

CH.
Hi
I originally wanted a convertible as the M4 looks beautiful with its roof down.
However, with the roof up, it just didn't look right to me as it totally changed the shape of the car.

Went for the coupe in the end....

J
Hi John,

Any regrets? Have you had the M4 through a summer yet?

CH.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 06:30 AM   #88
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Funnily enough I've been driving around for last month with my sunroof blind closed to see if I could cope! I will miss it but have to go carbon.

Thankfully bought the wife M235i Vert this year so we can put roof down on that should the weather turn scorchio, not that I get much chance to steal the keys!
Appreciate 0