Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Wheels / Tires

06-05-2021, 10:15 PM   #1
Dengf80
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f80 M3

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey all, I'm looking for 5mm or 7mm wheel spacers from turner. Thank you

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #2
krudmunk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengf80 View Post
Hey all, I'm looking for 5mm or 7mm wheel spacers from turner. Thank you
I was running 5mm from Turner with the extended hub. I experienced too much vibration. Just do a stud conversion kit with a slip on. Way cheaper and way safer route.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 03:57 PM   #3
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengf80 View Post
Hey all, I'm looking for 5mm or 7mm wheel spacers. Thank you
I would very much advise against 5mm slip on spacers with no hub-centric extension. The 5mm spacer will eliminate about half of the hub lip and will get rid of the chamfer. The half that this kind of spacer gets rid of is the important part of the lip; the chamfer and thicker part of the lip (as it tapers slightly). Whether you have studs or not, a shortened hub lip might not seat properly with the wheel. This will put more pressure on the studs or bolts since the hub might not seat tight enough. And I know you have MRG studs with FI-Rs... you definitely don't want to put more undue stress on Ti studs. I fail to realize how slip on spacers are "safer" than a hub-centric spacer with an extended lip.

Turner spacers do not cause vibrations. I used them with my Advan GTs and even ran them in several autocross events. Never had a vibration going over 100mph. They are CNC milled and absolutely perfect.
Appreciate 0