proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-25-2021, 09:32 PM   #23
blkcow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC LCI

Garage List
That still seems pretty slow and clunky to me. If they get that figured out and if it installs easily onto the F83s these would be perfect!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:01 PM   #24
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcow11291 View Post
That still seems pretty slow and clunky to me. If they get that figured out and if it installs easily onto the F83s these would be perfect!
Actually, it wasn't the slowness but the stuttering that made it look weird. This is WAY less cheesy than the F30/F80 ones where it looks like it was designed to entertain children.

OEM OLED animation is slow then speeds up at the curve upwards which this now seems to replicate well:
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:56 PM   #25
dvq
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Ordered a set directly from vland — hopefully they're good.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 12:16 PM   #26
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Local shop is selling some GTS OLED Styles for the F82 but at 1k USD pre-order, only pictures are of a GTS model... Hmm
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #27
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcow11291 View Post
Personally I'll be opening mine to reprogram them.

They've essentially sped up the sequence and left the design of the animation the same. The issue is when each leaf lights up the neighbouring leafs half light up too (similar to a glow shadow) which is what gives it the clunkiness.

The original OLEDs do actually fade like the aftermarket LEDs, what they do different however is fade each leaf individually as it chases across the array. I think the Chinese vendors are trying to make the animation look smooth when in actual fact you want the opposite
      05-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #28
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortythirtyfive View Post
Personally I'll be opening mine to reprogram them.

They've essentially sped up the sequence and left the design of the animation the same. The issue is when each leaf lights up the neighbouring leafs half light up too (similar to a glow shadow) which is what gives it the clunkiness.

The original OLEDs do actually fade like the aftermarket LEDs, what they do different however is fade each leaf individually as it chases across the array. I think the Chinese vendors are trying to make the animation look smooth when in actual fact you want the opposite
Not sure if you can change the way it lights up the neighboring leaves, I always thought it was like that because the light strip behind it isn't actually independently controlled and placed like OLEDs are.

But please make a DIY guide if you can figure it out!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #29
Weytens
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Not sure if you can change the way it lights up the neighboring leaves, I always thought it was like that because the light strip behind it isn't actually independently controlled and placed like OLEDs are.

Or just remove the 2nd wave would also be better
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 08:01 PM   #30
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post

Ah damn, are they literally just using the same DRL diffuser method that the LCI tail lights use? One light source behind what is essentially a huge diffuser.. because if so then yeah that'll be an issue.

The only way to fix that would be step the animation flow, so that it looks like it's jump from one to the other, you would have to cut the light section off early before the next leaf.

Whatever LED setup they're using it appears to have some addressable likeness to it. That sort of stuff is what I use for customising headlights https://streamable.com/917s8h
      05-26-2021, 09:42 PM   #31
Reprosal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortythirtyfive View Post
Ah damn, are they literally just using the same DRL diffuser method that the LCI tail lights use? One light source behind what is essentially a huge diffuser.. because if so then yeah that'll be an issue.

The only way to fix that would be step the animation flow, so that it looks like it's jump from one to the other, you would have to cut the light section off early before the next leaf.

Whatever LED setup they're using it appears to have some addressable likeness to it. That sort of stuff is what I use for customising headlights https://streamable.com/917s8h
That looks amazing
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 06:53 AM   #32
Abdul
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvq View Post
Did you get the same email as I did?

As I mentioned in another, buy at your own risk at the moment. At least 50 members messaged me over the past few days asking me to take there money to reserve a set for them. I refuse to do this until there is more clarity.

I went ahead and made a purchase directly through the VLAND website as a retail customer. Everyone else is just chiming in and giving different links. I checked out with express shipping and then I receive another email telling me that this is pre-order and they actually don't have it in stock in the USA. Crazy. Here are the screenshots.

Now I have to pay an additional $50.00. God knows when they will actually arrive. And for sure I will have to pay additional customs in the states. Anything above $800.00 is taxable. I'm not even stressing too much about the cost but the lack of clarity is troublesome.

I'm not going to cancel my order and I'm actually going to wait it out and keep you posted on my order. Nothing against VLAND. They are the manufacturers of these lights and the F80 lights. It's just that these lights have not touched down in the country as of yet. So whoever is interested, the best option would be to hold your money until it arrives here. They have a warehouse in California so once they get the stock there, that will be a game-changer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 10:03 AM   #33
Sahbatage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 IR BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul@mpowermotorsports View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvq View Post

As I mentioned in another, buy at your own risk at the moment. At least 50 members messaged me over the past few days asking me to take there money to reserve a set for them. I refuse to do this until there is more clarity.

I went ahead and made a purchase directly through the VLAND website as a retail customer. Everyone else is just chiming in and giving different links. I checked out with express shipping and then I receive another email telling me that this is pre-order and they actually don't have it in stock in the USA. Crazy. Here are the screenshots.

Now I have to pay an additional $50.00. God knows when they will actually arrive. And for sure I will have to pay additional customs in the states. Anything above $800.00 is taxable. I'm not even stressing too much about the cost but the lack of clarity is troublesome.

I'm not going to cancel my order and I'm actually going to wait it out and keep you posted on my order. Nothing against VLAND. They are the manufacturers of these lights and the F80 lights. It's just that these lights have not touched down in the country as of yet. So whoever is interested, the best option would be to hold your money until it arrives here. They have a warehouse in California so once they get the stock there, that will be a game-changer.
Thanks for the update! Once you feel comfortable with quality and availability put me on your list!
      05-27-2021, 04:57 PM   #34
dvq
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Quote:

I got the following email.

Quote:
Hello there,

This is the update of your order XXXXXXXX

BWM 4 Series taillights are new products, we will have inventories next month. Need to wait for a while to ship, can you accept it?

Thanks,
Ailsa from VLAND
https://www.vlandus.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 09:07 PM   #35
getsituated91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:

I’m with you on the “buy at your own risk” bit. $400? Easy decision to test these. $800? Nah, i’ll let somebody with more disposable income or youtube revenue do it first. I suspect once it actually lands in the states and becomes available for physical distribution, we may start seeing sales as well.

But let us know when you start taking orders, as I’ll be interested as well. 😉
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 01:24 PM   #36
///M4 F83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 convertible

2008 BMW M3 E92 | Alpine White | Bamboo Beige interior | 6 speed manual
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 08:28 AM   #37
dvq
First Lieutenant