Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
jtskariah
Bud Light General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CS Limerock Grey

Blackvue Dashcam Install Atlanta GA

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Blackvue 900X plus 2 channel with the BlackVue B-124 battery for my 2019 M4 CS. I have done some research and understand the general idea for the installation but I could use some help. Are there any forum members in the Gwinnett/Atlanta area that has some experience and can lend a hand? I do not mind paying for the time as well! I was also looking for some professional installers in the area but having a hard time finding a reputable source and would much rather be a part of the process!

Thanks everyone!
      03-24-2022, 12:00 PM   #2
AlmondJayRoM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Were you able to get this installed? I’m not in the area but my F80 has a similar setup with a 900S-2ch and a cellink battery so I should be able to answer any questions you might have.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #3
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F[am]80 M3

Same, I hardwired a similar setup(900S-2CH & a Cellink Batt as well) in my wife's F80.

Send the questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:52 AM   #4
jtskariah
Bud Light General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CS Limerock Grey

Thanks for the help guys!

I finished routing the wiring from the front to the rear camera and to the trunk box. All I have left to do is the fuse box. I do not have much experience dealing with fuses but I think I have a general idea. I am following a post from another user on here. I was planning on hooking up my 124 battery to one of the fuses circled in the pic below. Per the other users post these appear to be only on with the ignition and off when car is turned off (which is what I am looking for).

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1575292

Does it matter which one I tap into of the three? And do these serve any function in a f82 M4 CS? I also need to have ground, can I unscrew the circled bolt and put ground there and tighten it down? I believe after this I can crimp the wire and complete installation. I am a novice so please forgive the questions! Thanks for the tips!
Attached Images

03-25-2022, 06:18 PM   #5
nochillm3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Ground is good, using it for my meth pump. Not sure on fuse but it’s easy enough to tap it and see that it comes on and turns off correctly, can’t hurt anything testing it.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 04:08 PM   #6
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F[am]80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtskariah View Post
I finished routing the wiring from the front to the rear camera and to the trunk box. All I have left to do is the fuse box. I do not have much experience dealing with fuses but I think I have a general idea. I am following a post from another user on here. I was planning on hooking up my 124 battery to one of the fuses circled in the pic below. Per the other users post these appear to be only on with the ignition and off when car is turned off (which is what I am looking for).

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1575292

Does it matter which one I tap into of the three? And do these serve any function in a f82 M4 CS? I also need to have ground, can I unscrew the circled bolt and put ground there and tighten it down? I believe after this I can crimp the wire and complete installation. I am a novice so please forgive the questions! Thanks for the tips!
I did the same hard wiring to the fuse box for my setup. Fuses 143-145 are exactly the same, all of which are unused. Fuse location does not matter, I used fuse 143 on my F80.

As for the ground that's what I did as well; I used one of the screws that fastens the fuse box in place and sandwhich the crimp connector in between the car frame and fuse box, it works. Don't recall what amp fuse I used, I might of used a 10a or 15a. Refer to the 124 battery manual for current draw.

The BMW genuine oem double leaf contact connector with wire can also be had in Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31343979087...QAAOSwndFeF4hY
Appreciate 0