BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

03-31-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Hey guys. Has anyone stored a vehicle in a secure storage facility in South Florida? I need to rent space for a car within a reasonable driving distance of Fort Lauderdale.

Here are the requirements:
- can store a car or midsize SUV
- has to have excellent security (duh)
- not in a sketchy area
- ideally I could also store a few boxes of car parts and extra wheel sets

So far, there seems to be two tiers of options:

The premium "carcierge" places like Carsafe and RoboVault that check the first three requirements, but I'm not sure they would take all my boxes as well. Plus they're much more expensive - around $400 a month

The next tier are the regular public storage-type places that are $200 a month or less. I can stuff whatever I want in there, but I'd have to find a place that wasn't sketch.

You guys use any places that you would recommend?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Apart from buying or renting from a private owner I can't think of any other options than what you listed.

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
Gtracer
Rookie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS, 2021 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Hey guys. Has anyone stored a vehicle in a secure storage facility in South Florida? I need to rent space for a car within a reasonable driving distance of Fort Lauderdale.

Here are the requirements:
- can store a car or midsize SUV
- has to have excellent security (duh)
- not in a sketchy area
- ideally I could also store a few boxes of car parts and extra wheel sets

So far, there seems to be two tiers of options:

The premium "carcierge" places like Carsafe and RoboVault that check the first three requirements, but I'm not sure they would take all my boxes as well. Plus they're much more expensive - around $400 a month

The next tier are the regular public storage-type places that are $200 a month or less. I can stuff whatever I want in there, but I'd have to find a place that wasn't sketch.

You guys use any places that you would recommend?
Park place off 84 still has some units available. they're leased units but i know there are some openings. i can get you the contact info if you'd like.
      04-01-2019, 02:37 PM   #4
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtracer View Post
Park place off 84 still has some units available. they're leased units but i know there are some openings. i can get you the contact info if you'd like.
That would be awesome, thanks. I should mention that i’m not looking for “car condos”...not sure if that’s what Park Place is. I would love to be in a position to pay the equivalent of a small house for property that would be my ultimate man cave, but alas that’s not in the financial cards right now.

But if they lease month-to-month, i’d be interested in speaking to them. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0