ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-03-2020, 08:52 AM   #969
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
Funny enough. The same exact thing happened to me. I like the look of the extended though and I am going to keep them on for now.
In the end, the credit was issued for $250.00 - I was deducted only the restocking fee. $50 sideskirts was the best deal I've seen so far in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 05:05 PM   #970
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Has anyone here done the psm style rear extension with an oem m performance rear diffuser? Curious to see how it looks.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2020, 10:51 PM   #971
prodigal77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB F82 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
Has anyone here done the psm style rear extension with an oem m performance rear diffuser? Curious to see how it looks.
I have that combo, well my diffuser is a replica.
I don't know what page it is on but I believe I posted a pic here earlier on this thread. I love the combo. If you want some more pics or if I didn't post it, just reply here and I will try to post pics shortly.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2020, 11:00 PM   #972
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigal77 View Post
I don't know what page it is on but I believe I posted a pic here earlier on this thread. I love the combo. If you want some more pics or if I didn't post it, just reply here and I will try to post pics shortly.
Interested in seeing that as well.
      11-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #973
prodigal77
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Interested in seeing that as well.
Will post tomorrow. The extensions I have are only on the side of the rear bumper, they don't extend from the rear diffuser itself. They are often referred to as rear side "spats". Hopefully those are what you guys are referring to. Will post tomorrow regardless though.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 09:30 AM   #974
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Just bought a front lip, trunk spoiler, and rear diffuser from Spec M. Will post results/thoughts once I get them.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3948.00
      11-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #975
NSX2M4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigal77 View Post
Yes, please post pics.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #976
prodigal77
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
Yes, please post pics.
Here are some pictures
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 06:05 PM   #977
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Man if they extended to the diffuser they would be much better.

Not sure how I feel about them and those side skirts (mine look the same)

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2020, 06:33 PM   #978
prodigal77
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Man if they extended to the diffuser they would be much better.

Not sure how I feel about them and those side skirts (mine look the same)
I think they make ones that do extend all the way. I just wanted the outer pieces to even out the side profile with the skirts.

I believe these are the ones I purchased:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-PSM-Style-Rear-Bumper-Extensions-2PCS-for-BMW-F80-M3-F82-F83-M4-/123914998790
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 12:54 AM   #979
Gimlitehdwarf
I wish Tires were cheaper
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2015 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlitehdwarf View Post
I'm just awaiting my photoshoot for my Aliexpress buy post. Fitment 8 out of 10 overall
You running spacers ? Springs ? Looks like spacers on OEM height, what size spacer
15mm spacers on OEM height. I would love to go a little lower in front but will def be scraping

2015 Black on Black M3 - Palm Desert, CA
I wish Tires were cheaper!
Appreciate 1
bsmf8x778.50
      11-10-2020, 05:10 PM   #980
NSX2M4
Major
Rep

Yeah, I'm not so sure I like it. They extend far too low to flow with the car when looking from the rear. Side profile is nice though. I think I'm sticking with the dinnman or the status group ones. I'm not a fan of the V style diffusers, prefer the oem look. I still have a 3 piece v style I never kept on the car. They're way too "tuner" looking.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 09:30 AM   #981
churchillps
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Has anyone bought a GTS style hood they would recommend?

Any any experience with this seller for splitters/lip? https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2015-19...53.m1438.l2649
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 12:40 PM   #982
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

It depends how much you want to spend. OEM would be the best but if you are okay with replica, i think the Suvneer aluminum hood would be the best bang for the buck.

I have the 2M fiberglass GTS replica hood and it took a lot of work to look decent. I pulled my fenders in as much as they could and i still wish there was still more adjustment. Seems like the hood is just a tad too narrow but who knows if they have updated the mold to address it. I also removed material from the sides where it curves inward to keep the body gap consistent. These are small details and im nitpicking, the hood looks great but i had to do a lot of adjustment.

Heres a pic below. You can find more of the fitment here https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1773095

Last edited by hC1001; 11-12-2020 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #983
NSX2M4
Major
Rep

I decided to pick up a set of these lower extensions from Europe to pair with my m perf diffuser. They're only 229.00 and pre preg carbon. Will report back once fitted.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-14-2020, 08:32 AM   #984
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisenwether View Post
CS Style Front Lip

Vehicle: F80 M3
Part: CS Style Front Lip
Brand: Spec-M
Link, eBay seller, item number: https://www.ebay.com/itm/11377357773....N36.S1.R1.TR1

Fitment 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being OEM and expected perfect) The end of the lip on the drivers side just stuck a hair down compared to passenger that was flush to bumper. (It might be a combo of 5 year old bumper and maybe a little fitment of the lip?, however I cant see it once mounted and standing next to the car. The center of the lip was nice and flush across the whole front. The 2 winglets were flush and the ends of bumper was nice and flush besides the edge as stated above. Was very impressed at how well it fit.

Quality 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being oem and expected perfect) I had like 2 small areas that has some weave blemish, however being a front lip and I honestly expect a front lip to be something that most likely will be damaged so I didn't really mind the 2 small blemishes, However I had to "look" to find them with the part right in front of my face.

Item price: $499 USD (Also has make offer button) (Also had $20 off $200 by vendor, when making this post)
Shipping Price: Free Shipping
Item Location: CA

Screws - Not Provided
3M Tape - Provided

The lip did not come with the holes drilled but from the mold is was a nice little indent for where to drill. It uses 2 holes from the OEM locations (1 on each side) was main reason I also got this is because it had those over these other brands that is just a lip without mounting locations (at least shown from pictures). The lip has 11 points to screw onto the bumper (not including the 2 for OEM locations), it has 3 across the center, and 4 one each side.

I also want to note that this does take some time and effort to make it fit properly. I grew up in a garage / body shop so I have the background to make this fit really well. I didn't have to really do much outside of just taking my time and test fitting a few times and prepping the lip.

I think for the price this is an amazing lip, and if i destroy it I wont really feel that bad considering the price I paid.
Quote:
No, I used 3 screws across the front. I didn't want to take the bumper off for brackets either. I'm able to firmly push on my lip and not move it so I'm confident with the screws.
I know this is an old post, but can you please share any other tips and pointers on this install? I have the exact same lip (just arrived today), and would like to purchase the right sized screws etc. Am thinking 1/4 x 1" self tapping? And where did you drill the holes? Did you have to remove/modify all the plastic undertrays? Did you have to still use 3M tape?

thanks

Last edited by From5toM; 11-14-2020 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 12:08 PM   #985
llvsixaxisvll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by From5toM View Post
Quote:
CS Style Front Lip

Link, eBay seller, item number: https://www.ebay.com/itm/11377357773....N36.S1.R1.TR1

Fitment 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being OEM and expected perfect) The end of the lip on the drivers side just stuck a hair down compared to passenger that was flush to bumper. (It might be a combo of 5 year old bumper and maybe a little fitment of the lip?, however I cant see it once mounted and standing next to the car. The center of the lip was nice and flush across the whole front. The 2 winglets were flush and the ends of bumper was nice and flush besides the edge as stated above. Was very impressed at how well it fit.

Quality 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being oem and expected perfect) I had like 2 small areas that has some weave blemish, however being a front lip and I honestly expect a front lip to be something that most likely will be damaged so I didn't really mind the 2 small blemishes, However I had to "look" to find them with the part right in front of my face.

Item price: $499 USD (Also has make offer button) (Also had $20 off $200 by vendor, when making this post)

Screws - Not Provided
3M Tape - Provided

The lip did not come with the holes drilled but from the mold is was a nice little indent for where to drill. It uses 2 holes from the OEM locations (1 on each side) was main reason I also got this is because it had those over these other brands that is just a lip without mounting locations (at least shown from pictures). The lip has 11 points to screw onto the bumper (not including the 2 for OEM locations), it has 3 across the center, and 4 one each side.

I also want to note that this does take some time and effort to make it fit properly. I grew up in a garage / body shop so I have the background to make this fit really well. I didn't have to really do much outside of just taking my time and test fitting a few times and prepping the lip.

I think for the price this is an amazing lip, and if i destroy it I wont really feel that bad considering the price I paid.
Quote:
No, I used 3 screws across the front. I didn't want to take the bumper off for brackets either. I'm able to firmly push on my lip and not move it so I'm confident with the screws.
I know this is an old post, but can you please share any other tips and pointers on this install? I have the exact same lip (just arrived today), and would like to purchase the right sized screws etc. Am thinking 1/4 x 1" self tapping? And where did you drill the holes? Did you have to remove/modify all the plastic undertrays? Did you have to still use 3M tape?

thanks
I used 3M tape to install this exact spoiler and only put it at the very ends and middle. Just to make it easy when using self tapping screws I got from Amazon (I got a multipack so any of them will work). I also drilled three small holes in the middle portion (since it's hallow) which allowed the middle part to be screwed into the bumper as well. All the other places where I drilled were kind of obvious but if you send me a pic of the underside of this lip, I can point them out. Attached are pics of where I mean when I say ends (it didn't 100% align, there's like a 3 mm offset on both sides as you can see).

Edit: lol pardon the pic as I installed it this weekend first thing in the morning and it was cold / didn't use gloves lotion haha.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-15-2020, 07:49 PM   #986
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by llvsixaxisvll View Post
Quote:
Quote:
CS Style Front Lip

Screws - Not Provided
3M Tape - Provided

Quote:

thanks
I used 3M tape to install this exact spoiler and only put it at the very ends and middle. Just to make it easy when using self tapping screws I got from Amazon (I got a multipack so any of them will work). I also drilled three small holes in the middle portion (since it's hallow) which allowed the middle part to be screwed into the bumper as well. All the other places where I drilled were kind of obvious but if you send me a pic of the underside of this lip, I can point them out. Attached are pics of where I mean when I say ends (it didn't 100% align, there's like a 3 mm offset on both sides as you can see).

Edit: lol pardon the pic as I installed it this weekend first thing in the morning and it was cold / didn't use gloves lotion haha.
Thank you. Yes I finished the install as well this weekend on all 3 pieces. They were all Spec M. I'd give the following ratings:

Quality: 8. Overall pretty good, only one or two small spots where maybe the clear coat was not perfect.
Fitment: 8. I wish they would have come predrilled with holes and maybe the fitment was off by a couple mm... but decent overall. The install itself was pretty straight forward for all 3.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      11-15-2020, 10:42 PM   #987
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Thank you. Yes I finished the install as well this weekend on all 3 pieces. They were all Spec M. I'd give the following ratings:

Quality: 8. Overall pretty, only one or two small spots where maybe the clear coat was not perfect.
Fitment: 8. I wish they would have come predrilled with holes and maybe the fitment was off by a couple mm... but decent overall. The install itself was pretty straight forward for all 3.
Is it this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-2014-B...8AAOSwbsBXnsOT

I wonder if anyone sells just the side pieces of the diffuser to mate with my OEM carbon fiber one.
      11-16-2020, 05:18 AM   #988
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Quote:

Quality: 8. Overall pretty, only one or two small spots where maybe the clear coat was not perfect.
Is it this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-2014-B...8AAOSwbsBXnsOT

I wonder if anyone sells just the side pieces of the diffuser to mate with my OEM carbon fiber one.
Yes I think that's the one. Am pretty happy with it. I can always switch it down the road. I've seen other places with just the side pieces. Just search for them.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 08:50 AM   #989
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

Quote:

Quality: 8. Overall pretty good, only one or two small spots where maybe the clear coat was not perfect.
I think you would love the complimentary look on your car once you add Side Skirts to complete the general flow.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #990
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
I think you would love the complimentary look on your car once you add Side Skirts to complete the general flow.
Thank you - yes I most definitely agree. I was just super elated to get the wife to agree to me getting all 3 sections first (front lip, trunk spoiler, rear diffuser). I told her I still need the side skirts... she "agreed". but I don't want to push too much and have her change her mind. lol. My guess is sometime during Xmas or shortly after. I need the Spec M side skirts!!!
Appreciate 0