Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-29-2024, 04:46 AM   #221
gateguardian
Rep
Drives: E46

50km into the Klifex cap replacement, I'm happy to say the squeal has gone away.
Will update in a month. Hopefully it holds.
I did first try an amazon pcv replacement cap, which did not work
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 12:21 PM   #222
Soap
Churlish
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M3, '18 Shelby GT350

Wanted to give an update on my Klifex PCV fix after about 9 months and ~7,000 miles. So far it’s been working perfectly with no signs of the squeal returning. I installed mine using a little bit of JB weld around the lip where it seats onto the valve cover to ensure a good seal, which seems to be holding up well.

The replacement valve fixed my issue without any modification or drilling holes, just a direct swap. Reading through I’ve seen a few people who have had to drill holes to get theirs to work properly, I’m still not sure what causes that to be necessary for some but not others.

I’ll post another update after a few thousand more miles (or if the squeal returns).
Appreciate 0