GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #23
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra 5MT

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewM4 View Post
I finally got my car (2016 M4 Coupe 1148 miles at delivery). I went with Mercury "Ultimate Coverage". 6 additional years from date of purchase of the car and an additional 75K miles. $250 deductible. Total cost $3285.38
Sounds like you got an insane deal, provided they are easy to work with when you need 'em and they cover all the stuff. I went with one of the only companies I could find that would cover my 13 M6 42k mi, Patriot, and paid about $4k for a 2yr/24k mi coverage "bumper-to-bumper".

1k miles later, CEL drivetrain malfunction. Took it up to the dealer 11/24. 11/27 dealer informed me just needed an ignition coil. I checked the contract and lists that they are covered. 11/29 dealer says they sent itemized repair bill with part numbers, labor, and mileage on car. As of 12/3, they said they just received the info, but claims is closed on weekends so maybe on Monday they will approve it, and they also don't cover diag labor.

I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when buying a warranty, because I sell luxury cars for a living, but it was a gamble I took. All in all, warranty really isn't saving me a ton of money, and it's taking way longer than it should but it's par for the course with these 3rd party companies.

They did say that I could just go ahead and pay for it out of pocket and they would reimburse me but I am not doing that right away, since they wouldn't guarantee it would be authorized until it was processed thru their claims dept.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 12:54 PM   #24
Hec
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4

Do any of you that have the warranty also have any modifications?

I am trying to decide if I should keep my warranty or not. When I purchased my 2017 M4 with 21k miles I purchased a 72m/100k mile warranty with $100 ded for $3995.

I've had it for 5 months and ~1.5k miles so I am really considering getting a refund on the warranty since I want to make a few modifications including a tune.

There are other considerations such as HVAC and electrical components, but I am curious how often those actually fail.
Appreciate 0