Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-24-2019, 10:20 AM   #1
adam996GT3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Wondering if anyone can chime in on the long term effects of the eibach pro kit. Let's say anyone approaching 40-50k with eibach pro kit on stock shocks. Curious if these springs can be attributed to premature wear? Such as control arm bushings, cv joints/boots, or worn out shocks. Looking to get a set of these springs bc I like the modest drop, but don't want to destroy my EDC suspension due to slight lowering. I have never installed just springs, I have always gone with coil overs so I must say I don't have much experience in this department. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 08:20 AM   #2
JeffB-M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

I've not yet reached higher mileage on the Eibach kit; I'm at about 10k miles. I do get some "wiggle" in the rear when going over bumps that only affect one side of the car, e.g. going over a slightly sunken manhole cover. I don't recall this feeling when on the stock shocks. If it ever stops raining and isn't freezing cold out I'm gonna jack up the car to make sure everything is still tight (bolts) and in place (spring seat).
Appreciate 0