proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

09-16-2019, 12:28 AM   #1
oinkoink
Finland
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 -2015

DCT manual mode - not downshifting at all

Greetings from Finland,

I bought an used F82 M4 a few months ago and I couldn't be happier. I always drive the car in manual -mode with TC off.

During this last month I've had cases where the DCT won't downshift at all. When this occurs I can switch to auto and it will work fine, but once I switch back to manual, the same problem continues. At first I had this happen a couple of times during the week but now it seems to be a daily problem. Neither the paddles nor shifter will downshift and then I am forced to switch to auto. At first I thought that this could just be a software bug but since it has become so frequent I'm starting to think it might be something more serious.

Has anyone had similar problems with the DCT?

* UPDATE *
Had the car at a dealership briefly. They reported that they had read a FEM -error code and had reset it. After the reset no problems, but today the problem returned so I reserved an other time to the dealership. I'm starting to think there could be something wrong with the DCT paddle connections or micro switches. As the problem occurs, I'm still able to switch gears manually from the stick, so it seems to related directly to the paddles.

* UPDATE 6.10.2019 *
Car went to the shop again but this time they reserved more time. The guys took apart the steering wheel and adjusted the wiring. So far after 2 weeks I've not had any problems, seems to have done the trick. The guys at the shop told me that, if the problem occurs again, the next step would be to replace the steering wheel cable set. Time will tell.

Last edited by oinkoink; 10-06-2019 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0