EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

07-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #45
Money2536
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 | 992 GT3 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraslins View Post
Money, I'll be picking up my SO M3 end of august in Raleigh, NC. I actually had a very similar plan. Take a long weekend + few extra days and do following:

- Drive down to Helen, GA
- Then up to TN
- Then Cherohala skyway back towards NC/Tail of the Dragon
- Then Tail of the Dragon back to TN
- Then drive through Pigeon Forge and back to NC via US 441 (Newfound Gap)
- And then back to Raleigh, NC

If you feel like some company and an M3 caravan, perhaps we could meet up somewhere and do the mountains together. My schedule and route are flexible.
Yeah man, I'd be down. I have a few 911 forum members and possibly a few M3s that might be meeting up during my trip. I'll hit you up a little closer to September.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 09:54 PM   #46
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by basiluf View Post
Is BMW of Ocala still owned by Peter Boulware and his group? The other guy in his group was my parents next door neighbor in Gainesville. They weren't too friendly.
I'm not sure. I do know that Gainesville and Ocala are still owned by the same family. Ocala doesn't know much about the cars, but they got me their very first allocation. Also, they are nice, southern people. So far the transaction has been smooth.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #47
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitz View Post
Ik this is random but Money, do you like the song Money by Pink Floyd? lol

Also, nice 911!
Ha...ha... I've recently become a Floyd fan. I grew up in the 90s hating classic rock. I had a metal phase, punk/hardcore phase during my skating days, and sad to say it rap phase. I have the same screen name since my '99 Civic Si. 25 was my high school and college jersey number, and 36 was for Wu-Tang's 36 Chambers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady1984 View Post
I am excited to see the journal progress! Looks like it's going to be a while on mine (similar order, no CCB) so might as well live vicariously, right?
Yeah man. Like in my 911 Journals, I'm sure I'll have lots of detail and tons of photos. Plus, I'm sure I'll be modifying this car much more than the 911. PSI and I will be doing some cool stuff that I'll be sure to document.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #48
basiluf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 S450 2018 S90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
I'm not sure. I do know that Gainesville and Ocala are still owned by the same family. Ocala doesn't know much about the cars, but they got me their very first allocation. Also, they are nice, southern people. So far the transaction has been smooth.
Apparently it was purchased by the Gettel family 4 years ago. I remember it from the All-Pro days.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...9810?p=1&tc=pg
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #49
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

S4 Sold!

I have not had much to add to my Journal yet. My car arrive in Savannah on Tuesday. It's heading to be parked at PCD for a month and a half. I haven't had much going on otherwise. I've been patiently waiting for my epic M Driving School/PCD/Mountain Trip, and I was starting to get a little antsy about getting rid of my S4.

I'm sure many of you are like me. As soon as I set my mind to something, I can't focus on anything else. Sometimes things happen too quickly. For example, one time I told my wife we should sell our house and move closer to my office. I also told her it would take months. Well...it sold in 6 days, and we were moved 20 days later. I tend to get things done.

So last Friday, I decided I need to work toward selling my S4 since I only have about a month before my M3 gets. I don't want to be messing around selling my old car when I'm playing with my new one. I don't do well having multiple projects happening at once. Again, it's the laser focus neurosis of which I'm inflicted. I also knew I had to take the parts off and sell those, so it was going to take some time.

Well...on Sunday I took all the parts off, returned the car to stock, got the car washed and shined up, interior cleaned, photos taken, parts boxed, and parts listed on Audizine. Monday I got half of the parts sold and THE CAR SOLD! Wednesday I finished selling the remaining parts. So much for taking a month and a half to get everything done.

The only problem with this gift of personal efficiency is I am now driving my 911 every day. I even have to drive it in the rain! Can you believe that? What a terrible idea. I should have waited.

Oh well, bye, bye S4. I won't miss you. I think I've got Audi completely out of my system. Audi's are much like Android vs. iOS. The bells and whistles look attractive, but in the end it's just a hack-job. Steering is awful, the car was fast but no fun, rather than improve they make band-aids like the Sport Differential, etc., etc.

Looks and promise won't lure me again over pure function and engineering. Lesson learned. Someone is getting a well maintained car. I hope they don't die of boredom.

Appreciate 1
      07-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #50
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

matt,

cant wait to see your M
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #51
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Anticipation is killin' me. - I will be out at the UA C&C on Sat. with the M4 if you are down.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #52
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PSI View Post
Anticipation is killin' me. - I will be out at the UA C&C on Sat. with the M4 if you are down.
Dang it! My buddy Charles works for UA, and he says it's going to be huge this weekend. I haven't taken a vacation in years. Tomorrow we are headed for Siesta Key. Oh well...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #53
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536
Since I'm getting closer to delivery, I decided to start my F80 M3 Journal modeling others that have done something similar and replicating my 911 C2S Journals. Here are the links to my two 991 911 Carrera S Journals:

Rennlist
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...s-journal.html

6SpeedOnline
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...s-journal.html

I live in The Villages, FL, which is about an hour North West of Orlando. It's a massive retirement community, so as you might imagine it's densly populated with Buicks, Lincolns, and (for some reason) Mini-Vans. Since there are virtually no other nice cars around, my 911 Journal has been an enjoyable outlet to share my obsession that is cars. The journal route seems to be a better way to chronical my ridiculous ideas, modifications, etc. rather than make a hundred new posts everytime I clean the wheel wells.

So here's the sob story. I grew up just outside of Pittsburgh, PA in a single-wide trailer to two very young, extremely hard-working parents. They sold that place in '93 for $9,000. My wheels and tires cost more than that on my E92 M3! I was very fortunate to get aid/loans/support from parents/scholarship and devine intervention to be able to attend and graduate from Villanova with a BSEE. As you'll see in the 911 Journals or from future posts here, my DNA is very much "Engineer." In other words, be ready for some detail.

As many of you cars guys/girls know, it is very hard to resist the urge to live life on a monthly payment. I've tried to take the natural progression of automobile upgrades and not just jump to the best. I started out as a Honda guy, working my way up through the ranks from the Civic Si with steps toward the S2000. I finally got and E92 M3 when I turned 30 and have worked my way to my ultimate dream of the perfection (for me) that is the 911. I'll do a post later with photos of my past rides for those that care.

After what I classify as defying the odds and working rather hard, here I am today. I'm living the dream I always had. God, family, and the two childhood crush cars, the M3 & 911! Both will be in my garage at the same time! Which will I choose to drive each day when I head into my office? Only fate will decide!

Alright, enough gushing. Here is the car.

I placed my order on March 21st with BMW of Ocala.

2015 M3 Sedan: $62,000
Mineral White Metallic: $550
Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather: $950
Lighting Package: $1,900
19" Black Light-Alloy Wheel Double-SpokeStyle 437M: $1,200
Adaptive M Suspension: $1,000
M Carbon Cermaic Brakes: $8,150
Manual Transmission: $0
Harman Kardon Surround Sound System: $875
Destination & Handling: $925

Total MSRP as Built: $77,550
I received $2,000 off MSRP: $75,550

My methodology behind the car build has changed quite a few times during the ordering/waiting process. I actually started out with a more basic car. I intended to lease the car due to having never driven it and it being a first year of a new model. Shortly after the reviews started coming out, I decided to go against my better judgement, buy the car, and order it the way I actually wanted. In the end, I added the Lighting Package, CCBs, and Adaptive Suspension.

My thoughts/opinions on options:

-My 911 is already very similar to Alpine White, so I opted for Mineral to "change" it up a bit.
-I didn't get full leather for several reasons. The main reason is that I got it in my 911, and it's not something that wows me when I get in the car. Leather just doesn't get me that excited. My S4 doesn't have full leather, and I would classify it's interior as the best I've ever owned.
-I have chickened out on getting a white car many times in the past. The same for the interior. I always end up getting black. This time I pulled the trigger on Sakhir. Now I have two white cars. At least one will have a cool looking interior color. I hope I don't regret it.
- Driver Assistance Plus/Executive Packages. I live in a rather rural area, don't parallell park, hate headlight washers, can't live with the terrible sound of satallite radio, live in FL no heated steering wheel, etc. Luckily that saves me tons of cash.
-LED lights. I don't care as much about the head lights as I do the angel eyes. They look so much better than the standard, so I got the package.
-Black Wheels. I'll probably go aftermarket, but I needed 19" for the CCBs.
-Manual Transmission. I have DSG on my S4 and couldn't be more bored, so no paddles for me. Hopefully this manual is as good as they say it is, but I'm certain it won't touch the 911 or S2000. I just hope it's okay enough. It can't be much worse than the E92, so I'm not worried.
-M CCB. Very little dust, lighter weight, looks awesome, so I decided to waste my money.
-Convenience Options: Not my bag. I'm a man of simplicity and performance. These convience options don't add anything to the car for me. Shoot, I wish I could opt out of Nav.
-HK. I added it. I'm sure I'm going to hate it. I'm planning on adding DynAudio drivers/Audison amp later on. We'll see. For $875, I figured it can't hurt anything other than my ears.
-Cameras. No thanks.

So, I'm super excited to get back into an M3 after trading my beloved E92 in for my 911. Stay tuned for more obnoxious posts. I hope my insanity might help others in their conquest.

By the way, my name is Matt. I'm glad to become a part of the M community again.
Shit man our configs are almost exactly the same except for CCBs
      07-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #54
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Dang it! My buddy Charles works for UA, and he says it's going to be huge this weekend. I haven't taken a vacation in years. Tomorrow we are headed for Siesta Key. Oh well...
Enjoy your vacation, there will be other shows...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #55
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PSI View Post
Enjoy your vacation, there will be other shows...
Yeah, and the question will be which car to bring!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #56
avsbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

I started reading the thread and click the 911 thread. I saw your garage and remember reading other threads about it! I love your garage! Can't wait to build a house with a garage like yours! Congrats about the new M3!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #57
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsbmw View Post
I started reading the thread and click the 911 thread. I saw your garage and remember reading other threads about it! I love your garage! Can't wait to build a house with a garage like yours! Congrats about the new M3!
Thanks! This is my temporary set-up. My pre-requisite when buying a house was that I "needed" a three car plus garage. I didn't get it, so I'm going to have to build it. I don't want to settle on the design of the new one (It's going to cost a lot). I decided to make this one decent by having my floors done and I make sure it is organized and clean. It's a lot of work keeping my wife and son's crap out of "my" garage.

I'm hoping to break ground on a second garage that opposes the current one in a year. So there will be a Porte Cochere (covered walkway/car washing area) that attaches the garage to house.

I haven't had the plans done yet, but this was my plan for the house we were set to build before we bought this one. I think the Porte Cochere idea is my favorite part.

I'll have compressed air plumbed through out, a recessed scissor lift, Lista Cabinets, etc. It's going to be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwRBzRh1bX8
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #58
justinco
btr.life
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36

Garage List
1994 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
2005 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
Wow, that lift is sweet!

As a detailer on the side, I can appreciate your choice of CCB's just for the lack of brake dust Nothing is more annoying than cleaning rims!
      07-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #59
Plano
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79 View Post
Well, I read a couple of your previous journals and I must admit, you are either tending to a mild case of ocd (which I see as a positive ) or you just have a passion/enthusiasm for autos the likes of which are rarely seen.
Either way, hello and welcome back!
I, like many, came from nada and also worked my way through school, and on to 7 figures by mid-30's.
So I also agree with above comment, the lack of opportunity is a bs excuse for the truth (lack of motivation/direction).
While I would not change how I grew up and the life lessons learned, my wife and daughter did not, and will never have to experience such hard times.
And I would never want them to.
Though the experience was invaluable, I really would not wish that upon anyone.
Honestly though, we are on a forum discussing a $70+mm car, and though there are plenty of trust fund babies with M3's cruising around, it seems those that truly appreciate their vehicles, having worked so hard to achieve and attain them, tend to be more common on the forums that one would expect.
Perhaps it's the pride in which "making it on your own" generates, and the fact most of us work and do not have time to cruise around town during the day and get our car fix.
So we all invariably end up here, showcasing our pride and joys.
100 times this. I am in a similiar boat to you as well, still 25 however. I'm working my way up and hope to be in the 7 figures range within the new 2-3 years. I will be getting my M4 on 9/19 and it will be my first of hopefully many! I also agree with the lack of opportunity comment.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #60
2Late
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Cool thread. I looked at your 911 posts also since I had a 911 a few years ago and I miss it. The photos of your kid stuffed in the back made me laugh. I remember the hassle I had finding a car seat that would fit in the back and trying to get my kid in and out. It was worth it though. If there was more room in the rear(he's a few years older) I would get another instead of the m3.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #61
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Late View Post
Cool thread. I looked at your 911 posts also since I had a 911 a few years ago and I miss it. The photos of your kid stuffed in the back made me laugh. I remember the hassle I had finding a car seat that would fit in the back and trying to get my kid in and out. It was worth it though. If there was more room in the rear(he's a few years older) I would get another instead of the m3.
Yeah, it's a commitment getting him in and out. Take shoes off, get him in back while sitting on the door sill, take him out, put shoes on, repeat. It's a hassle that is well worth it.

It's why I keep telling my wife that I need a second car.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #62
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Sub'd.

Excited to see what becomes of this while the wait begins for myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #63
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
Sub'd.

Excited to see what becomes of this while the wait begins for myself.
The onslaught of cool stuff will be happening after September 9th. I plan on modifying this car much more than the Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #64
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitBobby View Post

aesthetically speaking yes the bigger brake calipers on the 911 looks amazing, but i'm a function over from guy and the non-ceramics on the M4 have been getting great reviews.. so that wouldn't be a problem for me
Yep, no way would spend $8k on CCBs...would sooner buy another Rolex/insert watch.

Every review I've read, standard brakes great for the street and even if track the car several times/year.

To each their own.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #65
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Quote:
The onslaught of cool stuff will be happening after September 9th. I plan on modifying this car much more than the Porsche.
You know, after getting behind the whee there isn't much I want to do to it.

Obviously the IND treatment with the grille and the reflectors, etc. My main desire is the CCWs, coilovers, and tint(doesn't count). By the time I take delivery, there should be a fair amount of tuning available. Terry has been doing a lovely job. With that will probably come an exhaust and maybe a couple things.

The kicker? Anything else that comes out by the time I get back from Korea.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #66
Money2536
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J50 View Post
Yep, no way would spend $8k on CCBs...would sooner buy another Rolex/insert watch.

Every review I've read, standard brakes great for the street and even if track the car several times/year.

To each their own.
I have the opposite opinion. I would never want CCBs if I going to go to the track often. You will roast through a set of $6,000 rotors in a few days. That's why most of the P-car track guys swap their CCBs for steel. I want them more for the lack of dust, the look, and the lighter weight.
Appreciate 0