BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-13-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
TakeOne
Just1MoreMod
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F48 X1

Kuda Mount + Magnetic wireless charging - OEM+ Look (iPhone 12 Ready)

REALLY damn proud how this mod turned out!!! Wireless magnetic charging custom built in to the BMW KUDA mount
I’m definitely not the first person to do this, as I’ve had inspiration from others who have experimented with other concepts, but I wanted to share what i TRULY feel is the closest to the perfect OEM+ look.
I’ve loved my Kuda mount from day one, and immediately attached a generic magnet to the front. It worked great for a year, until I recently upgraded to a phone that has the wireless charging capability. Knowing that it would mess with the coils and be bad for the phone, I decided to research long and hard for what would be the simplest, cleanest, and most low profile magnet mount out there. Lo and behold, there is a mount simply called - MagnetMount.
I figured if i could dremel off the back side and open up the kuda mount, that would allow for a super clean/elegent look while increasing functionality. And with the “ring magnet” it avoids any coil/phone issues. The iPhone 12 or 13 is also rumored to have this magnet ring built in, so if that holds true, then I’m even set for that generation. Hopefully this inspires someone else out there, just like how other bimmerpost guys have inspired me to come up with this. I even call this out in the video - shoutout to bimmerpost
(warning: the video is long, dirty, and in-depth, but its for the ones who want to know EXACTLY what I did, and what it takesi) Enjoy! **Oh, and a happy coincidence is that their is an "M" and it lights up....was not a factor or planned, but i'll take it lol

Parts (links in description)

The MagnetMount

Kuda Mount (BMW F series)

Sugru Moldable Glue

Aukey Mini USB Cell Phone Car Adapter

StarTech Micro USB Cable (Down Angle)

Trim Removal Kit
——————————————————————————
Special thanks and inspiration of previous “modders”

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1341665

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1605476

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1060441

Attached Images

Last edited by TakeOne; 09-13-2020 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 2
TideMD291.50
xeux6.00