Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #1
AlejoEvo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Recommendations for rotors and pads.

My car has been vibrating when I press the breaks from high speeds. My conclusion is that one of the rear rotors is warped since I don't feel no shake at the steering.

I found the stock rotors at relatively good price, but maybe an aftermarket rotor can be a solution. I know many people here take out the OEM rotors, what brand does guys here recommend??The same with pads!

Another question: has someone installed braided brake fluid lines? I know the car comes with an excellent brake system but I like the feeling of the brake pedal once braided lines are installed on the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

The most popular brakes brand for us is Stoptech

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 08:52 PM   #3
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlejoEvo View Post
My car has been vibrating when I press the breaks from high speeds. My conclusion is that one of the rear rotors is warped since I don't feel no shake at the steering.

I found the stock rotors at relatively good price, but maybe an aftermarket rotor can be a solution. I know many people here take out the OEM rotors, what brand does guys here recommend??The same with pads!

Another question: has someone installed braided brake fluid lines? I know the car comes with an excellent brake system but I like the feeling of the brake pedal once braided lines are installed on the car.
AP Racing Pro 5000R - couldn’t be happier, but track focused. For pads it depends on your use, for street use something like Ferodo DS 2500. For track DS3.12. Spiegler stainless braided.

If you’re not going to track the car, plenty of options from Brembo and others.

Last edited by fanatic1; 03-27-2020 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Add
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 04:56 PM   #4
AlejoEvo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
The most popular brakes brand for us is Stoptech
Can you share a link?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 04:58 PM   #5
AlejoEvo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlejoEvo View Post

AP Racing Pro 5000R - couldn't be happier, but track focused. For pads it depends on your use, for street use something like Ferodo DS 2500. For track DS3.12. Spiegler stainless braided.

If you're not going to track the car, plenty of options from Brembo and others.
Th AP racing kit is awesome, but I'm looking for rotor replacements.

I have Ferrodo 2500 on my Evo and love the bite of the pad, I think I have a winner!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 05:09 PM   #6
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Surprised you warped the rotors. Akebonos are a great street pad.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0