Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

09-05-2018, 08:18 PM   #1
itazura
Rep
Drives: M4

Air Lift Suspension Problems

I purchased an Air Lift 3H electronic management kit and after a year a half the manifold brain unit started leaking at the tank input port. Apparently it's a known problem in their products. Just wondering if there is a way to fix the port without sending it back to Air Lift? Their customer service is awful so I rather not deal with them anymore. I'm trying to find the correct fittings that would work. I have the version with 3/8" air lines.

I just want to fix this and take it out to go back to coilovers after learning my lesson with low quality Air Lift products

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
TRYM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

wow sorry to hear this. This is one of the reasons ive been so weary of going with bags
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
erik_m3g80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 Competition

Is it leaking inside the pipe or outside where the press fitting goes into the Airlift Block? If it is leaking inside i would try to cut the pipe again. It is very important that the shape of the cutting is good, otherwise u will always got a small leakage in your system.

You are not the first one who got this problem. I got Airlift on my old bmw too but i never got problems with it. You need a new pressfitting if you want to fix it by urself. In Germany we have 2 or 3 big airlift sellers there we can buy spare parts like this. Maybe u got one in you country too?!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRYM3 View Post
wow sorry to hear this. This is one of the reasons ive been so weary of going with bags
I think the words you want are "wary" or "leery", but hey, I guess you can combine them if you want...

Or maybe it was autocorrect...

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 12:08 PM   #5
Gumby_F80
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by itazura View Post
I purchased an Air Lift 3H electronic management kit and after a year a half the manifold brain unit started leaking at the tank input port. Apparently it's a known problem in their products. Just wondering if there is a way to fix the port without sending it back to Air Lift? Their customer service is awful so I rather not deal with them anymore. I'm trying to find the correct fittings that would work. I have the version with 3/8" air lines.

I just want to fix this and take it out to go back to coilovers after learning my lesson with low quality Air Lift products

Do yourself a favor and switch to AccuAir. I can speak from first hand experience that their products, customer service and testing are far superior. I take people over to meet those guys and see their facility all the time. Talk to anyone in the air suspension industry and they'll tell you no one does it like them. Their engineering is incredible.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 07:42 AM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby_F80 View Post
Do yourself a favor and switch to AccuAir. I can speak from first hand experience that their products, customer service and testing are far superior. I take people over to meet those guys and see their facility all the time. Talk to anyone in the air suspension industry and they'll tell you no one does it like them. Their engineering is incredible.
out of topic but what are you guys spending on a full air setup?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #7
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

I have been using Airlift's 3H system for 2yrs now, no issues. This includes running it through our -40 degree celsius winters and still no problems.

Who did your install? I know the lines need to be cut precisely. Hope you can get this fixed!
Appreciate 0