Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #67
lukehahlbohm
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I had the HAS kit and it was great. Make sure you run a 255 tire or thinner up front. I ran a 275 and tag motorsports had to adjust it to where 2-3 inches of visible wheel gap was showing.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #68
6SPD GOD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP 6SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
Agree in that pic the tears look progressive to my eye, fronts look linear with an integrated helper spring. Per swift the actual product is linear and they posted official spring rates.

I don't believe progressive work well in a car designed for linear springs. You cannot change the spring rate to that precise a degree, and when the car is on undulating roads the springs will be compressing and decompressing at rates that do not mesh with the oem dampers. Too soft at the top end, overextending the dampers. And again, I cannot over stress the idea of running a progressive rate on a shock designed for a linear spring does not make much sense in terms of a performance application.

Also, kw has is designed around the idea that it has adjustable perches. Meaning the level of drop can be varied by an inch or so. The progressive springs cannot be well calibrated for all different ride heights, that makes no sense. Only one ride height could be idealized with the chosen rate (which isn't even ideal in the first place imo). So you have a random progressive spring rate yet the car can be lowered anywhere from half an inch to an inch and a half? How could you possibly have ideal spring rates for all those ranges? You can't.
What did you go with at the end?
Appreciate 0