Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

08-23-2018, 06:33 AM   #23
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Ugh... I’m struggling to say something supportive... but it not even being an X3, I can’t.

Your choice will not be envied on this board.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 1
Dimitri314.50
      08-23-2018, 06:54 AM   #24
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkyan661 View Post
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you go to and which sales advisor? I'm also interested in the same premium plus, with cold weather, navigation, 20inch wheels and B&O sound system. So did you end up purchasing/financing and is $45k including taxes?

I'm in NY as well.

Thanks,
Ray
I went to Classic in Eastchester. Sales rep was Robert Cinelli. I recommend him. It was all done over the phone, but he gave me a better deal than any of the other dealers I spoke to. He can be a little snotty, but not so bad. At the end of the day, I don't care as long as I walk out with the best price.

I am leasing. The 45K is pre-taxes.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 06:59 AM   #25
Gibson6594
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Ugh... I’m struggling to say something supportive... but it not even being an X3, I can’t.

Your choice will not be envied on this board.
Meh, I'm not so blind to be tied to only one brand. I love BMW and so far I'm loving Audi. I'm certainly not looking to envy others on an M3 board with my family SUV. Just sharing a car purchase with some fellow car enthusiest.
Appreciate 2
minn1914010.50
CanAutM321113.50
      08-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #26
rkyan661
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
Quote:
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you go to and which sales advisor? I'm also interested in the same premium plus, with cold weather, navigation, 20inch wheels and B&O sound system. So did you end up purchasing/financing and is $45k including taxes?

I'm in NY as well.

Thanks,
Ray
I went to Classic in Eastchester. Sales rep was Robert Cinelli. I recommend him. It was all done over the phone, but he gave me a better deal than any of the other dealers I spoke to. He can be a little snotty, but not so bad. At the end of the day, I don't care as long as I walk out with the best price.

I am leasing. The 45K is pre-taxes.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help.
Thanks. For the lease, did you have to put any money down?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #27
Gibson6594
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. For the lease, did you have to put any money down?
You never have to put money down if you don't want to. And for leases, it is not ideal to put money down if you don't have to.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #28
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

we just leased a Q5. Its my wifes; it's...nice I guess. I wanted her to get the X3, but whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 1
Dimitri314.50
      09-01-2018, 07:38 AM   #29
Gibson6594
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
we just leased a Q5. Its my wifes; it's...nice I guess. I wanted her to get the X3, but whatever
Congrats. What was it about the X3 that you preferred?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #30
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Congrats. What was it about the X3 that you preferred?
I've just been in and out of BMWs for the last 10+ years; I'm used to the nuances of them/ iDrive. Inside the Audi, their system is too complex to do while driving. The Q5 drives nice, handles well, looks pleasing and is just as capable of the X3. Its growing more and more on me, but I don't think I'll every self-simplify the integration system they have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 1
Gibson65941094.00
      09-05-2018, 04:36 PM   #31
mcc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.

Congrats. Negotiated an attractive lease deal on one for my Uncle. It was a very nice daily driver. Frankly, sort like same huge step up from the first gen as the F25 was to the first gen X3. Very compliant suspension, comfortable interior, chock full of tech, sneaky power. Enjoy!

Last edited by mcc3456; 11-02-2018 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #32
Gibson6594
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Congrats. Negotiated an attractive lease deal on one for my Uncle too. It was a very nice daily driver. Frankly, sort like same huge step up from the first gen as the F25 was to the first gen X3. Very compliant suspension, comfortable interior, chock ful of tech, sneaky power. Enjoy!
Thanks. And I completely agree with your comparison.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #33
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

I'm more concerned about what you used to take the pictures with!

At any rate, the MMI in the 18 Audi's is pretty phenomenal, especially when paired with the virtual cockpit.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #34
Gibson6594
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post

At any rate, the MMI in the 18 Audi's is pretty phenomenal, especially when paired with the virtual cockpit.
Really? That surprises me a little. I used my phone, which is a Pixel XL. It's a couple years old now, and due to be replaced soon, but it still takes pretty decent pics. When it came out two years ago, it was considered the top rated cell phone camera ever made. In fact that's the first time anyone has criticized a pic taken with this phone.

Although I am certainly no photographer. I am more than capable of making good equipment look bad, so I'd say the poor quality you see is likely a result of my camera work than the camera itself.
Appreciate 1
jc05e46m3845.50
      09-09-2018, 08:37 AM   #35
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post

Really? That surprises me a little. I used my phone, which is a Pixel XL. It's a couple years old now, and due to be replaced soon, but it still takes pretty decent pics. When it came out two years ago, it was considered the top rated cell phone camera ever made. In fact that's the first time anyone has criticized a pic taken with this phone.

Although I am certainly no photographer. I am more than capable of making good equipment look bad, so I'd say the poor quality you see is likely a result of my camera work than the camera itself.
I'm just giving you a hard time. Congrats again on Tim he new ride!
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 06:11 AM   #36
GaoKS
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 Raptor

OP - almost two months out, how do you feel about your decision now?

BMW Past Rides: 2023 G80 Comp, 2023 G80 xDrive, 2021 M3 Comp, 2020 M340i, 2019 540i, 2016 M4, 2016 535i, 2008 545i
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 07:01 AM   #37
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

I just saw this thread.

Gibson what happened man? Nooooooo

Kidding. I've been looking at a few Audi's lately for the wife's next car. She has a bun in the oven and a SUV might make things easier. Audi killed off their ED program which pisses me off. The cars are sweet though.

How are you liking the Audi?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #38
darielsantana
Private
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW M5

I once felt the same and was about to trade my car for a Macan GTS. Great SUV and perfect size. But I just got a X5 for my wife and problem solved. Now we have an utily vehicule and my dream car! Hope you enjoy your Q5!

2016 F80 M3 Austin Yellow- Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #39
Gibson6594
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I just saw this thread.

Kidding. I've been looking at a few Audi's lately for the wife's next car. She has a bun in the oven and a SUV might make things easier. Audi killed off their ED program which pisses me off. The cars are sweet though.

Sorry man, it wasn't an easy thing to do. I felt tears welling up when I had to say goodbye to the M. I guess you will have to fight the anti-competition pack crusade without me. Congrats on the upcoming little one!

To answer the others, honestly, I'm still very happy with the Audi. Everything about it just suits me better than the BMW. I do miss having a smaller, sporty car when hustling around sometimes, but obviously I have higher priorities. This car has made me reevaluate what I would do if/when I come back to a performance car. I might give an RS a try, or just screw it all and take the P car plunge, but that decision is far down the line.

I don't regret my decision at all, and in fact I am even more secure that I made the right choice now than I was in the early stages, especially now that I am starting to feel some frost in the NY air.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #40
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I just saw this thread.

Sorry man, it wasn't an easy thing to do. I felt tears welling up when I had to say goodbye to the M. I guess you will have to fight the anti-competition pack crusade without me. Congrats on the upcoming little one!

To answer the others, honestly, I'm still very happy with the Audi. Everything about it just suits me better than the BMW. I do miss having a smaller, sporty car when hustling around sometimes, but obviously I have higher priorities. This car has made me reevaluate what I would do if/when I come back to a performance car. I might give an RS a try, or just screw it all and take the P car plunge, but that decision is far down the line.

I don't regret my decision at all, and in fact I am even more secure that I made the right choice now than I was in the early stages, especially now that I am starting to feel some frost in the NY air.
No worries. Glad your happy. Things/priorities change in our lives and at the end of the day these are just cars. I'm sure I'll reevaluate some things once our little guy gets here next month.

BMW's rates are sooo bad right now that I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when the lease on the M4 is up this summer. I would like to get another one (without ZCP ) and take the little guy on an ED adventure but I can't justify paying $400 more a month for basically the same car.

I've always wanted a 911 but it just won't fit into my life right now. At least the ///M has a back seat for more then just amputees.

I might have a look at RS and AMG cars when the time comes.

Good luck man
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #41
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

My wife's 2012 Q5 was perfect (except for both sun-visor clips breaking) up until 96k miles (almost all highway). Suddenly, this summer it started using a quart of oil every 800 miles. There is a known Piston ring defect in the 2.0T engines that is just a ticking time bomb (just google it) that was supposed to be fixed in 2011. However, ours and many other later model examples out there show it wasn't really fixed by Audi (the dealer service department basically told me the same). A now $10k, 6 year old car, that is almost perfect in other respects needs a new $14k short block (the engines can't be rebuilt due to how thin the cylinder walls are made) has really soured me from any future Audi and possible all VAG (including Porsche) products.

Only other gripe with the Q5 is that the rear seat and front seat shape when combined make for very poor room for installing car seats while maintaining passenger room comfort.

We bought my wife a new Lexus LX for a shockingly large discount and it's an awesome SUV.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #42
Gibson6594
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
My wife's 2012 Q5 was perfect (except for both sun-visor clips breaking) up until 96k miles (almost all highway). Suddenly, this summer it started using a quart of oil every 800 miles. There is a known Piston ring defect in the 2.0T engines that is just a ticking time bomb (just google it) that was supposed to be fixed in 2011. However, ours and many other later model examples out there show it wasn't really fixed by Audi (the dealer service department basically told me the same). A now $10k, 6 year old car, that is almost perfect in other respects needs a new $14k short block (the engines can't be rebuilt due to how thin the cylinder walls are made) has really soured me from any future Audi and possible all VAG (including Porsche) products.

Only other gripe with the Q5 is that the rear seat and front seat shape when combined make for very poor room for installing car seats while maintaining passenger room comfort.

We bought my wife a new Lexus LX for a shockingly large discount and it's an awesome SUV.
Glad you're enjoying the Lexus, it certainly is nice SUV. The looks were really not my taste, both inside and out, but otherwise it seems to be a great choice.

So far the Q5 has been really solid and the reliability only really needs to last another 33 months or so. Hopefully no major problems in the range. And if so, the warranty should provide.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 02:36 PM   #43
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

Quote:
Quote:

Glad you're enjoying the Lexus, it certainly is nice SUV. The looks were really not my taste, both inside and out, but otherwise it seems to be a great choice.

So far the Q5 has been really solid and the reliability only really needs to last another 33 months or so. Hopefully no major problems in the range. And if so, the warranty should provide.
Quote:
Quote:

You should be fine in that time period. I really like the Q5 (ours has hydraulic steering and the striking dark brown interior), intact we kept it as a winter/around town beater even with the ring issue... however ironically the oil light came on again today.

The exterior of the LX is certainly polarizing for sure. However, the leather is a grade up from most German cars and it has real wood in the interior. Also, the infotainment is just mediocre and the gas mileage is horrible (but at least it can tow). The ride quality is sublime (even off road at 40 mph).

On the LX front, just keep in mind it's a $100k car that can be had anywhere from
$17-27k less new depending on the configuration.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 10:38 PM   #44
six-n-twins53
Amateur Tattoo Artist
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp

I'm glad the new ride meets your needs, but I am the total opposite of jealous
Appreciate 0