GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-17-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
MarcoHabibzadeh
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow BMW M3 (F80)

SSR Performance Product Review

Since purchasing my 2016 BMW F80 M3, I always wondered what modifications I would start with and where I would stop for this particular build. This was my 5th BMW that i’ve owned personally and I must say that after speaking with several shops / manufacturer’s I have finally found the perfect setup for my F80.
I have been speaking to Shah at SSR Performance regarding some potentially upgrades I could be doing with my f80 M3. I have looked into the differences between stock/aftermarket performance upgrades and found that there was a significant restriction that car manufacturer’s create for their cars to sustain their warranties and always be on the “safe side”. However, we have to all realize that cars are meant to be driven and specifically for performance cars they need to be well maintained and when it comes to replacing parts, I strongly believe that we must be using high quality products to maintain the cars durability.

I decided to entrust what SSR Performance had recommended for me through their many years of testing etc and decided that the SSR Cold Air Intakes and Chargepipes were the way to go. The OEM charepipes for instance are made out of cheap plastic as sad as it is to believe that often when pushing the car they would tend to crack which causes air leak issue’s.

SSR Performance offers such great service that they even take the time to custom powder coat these pieces for you upon request (for an extra charge) but this way, you have full say as to what you want and this upgrade now becomes more personable.

I decided to paint mine an off Austin Yellow/Gold colour so that they stand out slightly but are not the typical silver or black that everyone else offers.

Once I made this upgrade, I had watched their DIY video’s where were incredibly clear to understand as to how I should be installing these pieces. Once done with these two pieces, I had ran a Stage 2 BM3 tune which called for a downpipe as my OEM one would not hold the amount of power I wanted to push. I then added on the SSR Catless Downpipe which is truly a game changer.

All of these item’s are part of a “SSR Power Pack” combo and once having these installed in addition to everything else I had done to my car, I am very happy with the results.

Going forward, I could highly recommend for those of you on the fence or new to the BMW world but are looking for more performance, please check out their website which is in the link below. I look forward to seeing other success stories like this one.

https://www.ssrperformance.com/colle...s55-power-pack

Thank you,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0