Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

05-03-2020, 12:39 AM   #3213
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Get an X3M for a lot of reasons over the Stelvio IMO. No way AR survives in the US after CV19. They were already on very thin ice before it.
yeah, good advice I really love the sound of that Stelvio, love the wheels, and I think it looks cooler ... though am familiar with BMW so much more of a cushy factor and I do like they're built in the USA as odd as that is.

I have a feeling we're only in wave 1 of a five wave event so waiting is probably best (until PPP et al wears off)
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      05-03-2020, 08:45 PM   #3214
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
yeah, good advice I really love the sound of that Stelvio, love the wheels, and I think it looks cooler ... though am familiar with BMW so much more of a cushy factor and I do like they're built in the USA as odd as that is.

I have a feeling we're only in wave 1 of a five wave event so waiting is probably best (until PPP et al wears off)
When it comes to cars, I personally always prefer being safe then sorry.

AR is just too unpredictable. While a lot of car companies are very similar now a days, AR as a brand just doesn't feel right. If they weren't under FCA, I think my view on them would be better.

BMW, Audi, Benz... Porsche along with any of the mainstream Japanese brands are always the safe option.

I'd say at the moment, if you do prefer the V6, aim for the Macan GTS. Yeah you lose cargo space but if you don't generally have a lot of stuff to put in then you should be okay. Driving aspect of the Porsche is heads above BMW. BMW dumbed down the experience way too much for my taste.
minn1914028.50
GrussGott18164.00
      05-05-2020, 12:14 AM   #3215
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well minn19 the apology probably doesn't make up for the hard work you put in, but ... maybe next time!
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      05-05-2020, 05:34 AM   #3216
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Well minn19 the apology probably doesn't make up for the hard work you put in, but ... maybe next time!
Aww and I was so looking forward to his candidacy.
Appreciate 2
Arcades8169.50
GrussGott18164.00
      05-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #3217
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My lord, this is Baghdad Bob, NKTV, OANN all wrapped into one!
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      05-05-2020, 07:15 PM   #3218
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Next stop, 5th Ave
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      05-08-2020, 04:35 PM   #3219
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Next stop, 5th Ave
Personally, best way to really sum up Trump's presidency (other than "Idiot") is his photo of him staring at the solar eclipse without any eye protection.
minn1914028.50
      05-08-2020, 06:18 PM   #3220
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Personally, best way to really sum up Trump's presidency (other than "Idiot") is his photo of him staring at the solar eclipse without any eye protection.
An no covid for him yet because he got the light in there so who's stupid now!?
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      05-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #3221
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Aww and I was so looking forward to his candidacy.
I guess the criteria is "can he shoot someone on 5th Avenue" and get away with it? He seems to fail that test, so no runny runny
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      05-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #3222
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Interesting fact: The Texas salon owner jailed and then recently released Was my younger twins Spanish teacher when they were freshman in high school.
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
GrussGott18164.00
      05-10-2020, 08:58 PM   #3223
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Interesting fact: The Texas salon owner jailed and then recently released Was my younger twins Spanish teacher when they were freshman in high school.
Huh. That is interesting!

Interesting observation:
On this michael flynn thing ... I think lots of people aren't getting a few things

(1.) The FBI - and any law enforcement - can legally ask to talk with you anytime for any reason on any topic. Even if it's later discovered their reason was to find out about unicorn glitter, they can still ask to speak with you. Nothing wrong with that, so no point in asking "but why did they want to speak with him???" Doensn't matter.

(2.) The FBI (and cops in general), don't usually ask to speak with you as a compliment to you. If you're walking down the street and a cop says, "hey, can I speak with you for a minute" there's a 95% chance it's not to tell you how good looking you are.

(3.) Upon initial encounter, one can refuse to speak to the FBI, or any law enforcement, and refuse to answer any questions without a lawyer present.. You don't need to answer questions without a lawyer nor informally.

(4.) If one does choose to answer the questions of the law enforcement officer, one's answers and anything one says can be used against them. We all know this. Further, it's explicitly illegal for a government official to lie to the FBI and all government officials know this too.

(5.) If one lies to the FBI, then one can, and probably will, be prosecuted for it. There is no legal theory that says, "well since we now know the original reason was unicorn glitter, all of my subsequent lying is totally cool." That simply doesn't exist, and the legal reasoning is completely invalid.

With all of this said, it doesn't mean that FBI agents SHOULD question government officials simply because they have a hunch - though, to be clear, it's perfectly legal to do so.

All of which therefore means one can both believe that Flynn probably shouldn't have been questioned in the first place, but was fairly and justly prosecuted for his subsequent lying, which he knew was illegal when he did it (and wouldn't matter even if he didn't). And, for the record, Flynn *was* a paid agent of Turkey, so wondering if he was also an agent of Russia isn't crazy even if it was overtly aggressive to openly question him about it.
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
      05-10-2020, 09:39 PM   #3224
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

I need somebody to slap some sense into me.....probably going to pick up the second boat I’ve ever owned this week. But, this thing looks like it could be fun for adults, kids and even our dogs(s).

https://www.yamahaboats.com/21-ft-boats/ar210/
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18164.00
      05-11-2020, 12:43 AM   #3225
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I need somebody to slap some sense into me.....probably going to pick up the second boat I’ve ever owned this week. But, this thing looks like it could be fun for adults, kids and even our dogs(s).

https://www.yamahaboats.com/21-ft-boats/ar210/
Ain't gonna be me!

I've looked at those plenty myself, one time was super close to buying one to commute! Beach them anywhere, super fast, cheap and fun on the weekends. I was considering once for Milwaukee to Chicago and once mountain view to SF.

But, you know what they say, the happiest days for a boat owner are the day you buy it and the day you sell it

As for me, I'm absolutely not doing this, but if I was buying a boat right now it'd be this Garcia 52 explorer for tropics and high latitude sailing - even can beach itself and ice break

Check this shit out: a blue water cruiser you can beach

Last edited by GrussGott; 05-11-2020 at 12:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      05-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #3226
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Huh. That is interesting!

Interesting observation:
On this michael flynn thing ... I think lots of people aren't getting a few things

(1.) The FBI - and any law enforcement - can legally ask to talk with you anytime for any reason on any topic. Even if it's later discovered their reason was to find out about unicorn glitter, they can still ask to speak with you. Nothing wrong with that, so no point in asking "but why did they want to speak with him???" Doensn't matter.

(2.) The FBI (and cops in general), don't usually ask to speak with you as a compliment to you. If you're walking down the street and a cop says, "hey, can I speak with you for a minute" there's a 95% chance it's not to tell you how good looking you are.

(3.) Upon initial encounter, one can refuse to speak to the FBI, or any law enforcement, and refuse to answer any questions without a lawyer present.. You don't need to answer questions without a lawyer nor informally.

(4.) If one does choose to answer the questions of the law enforcement officer, one's answers and anything one says can be used against them. We all know this. Further, it's explicitly illegal for a government official to lie to the FBI and all government officials know this too.

(5.) If one lies to the FBI, then one can, and probably will, be prosecuted for it. There is no legal theory that says, "well since we now know the original reason was unicorn glitter, all of my subsequent lying is totally cool." That simply doesn't exist, and the legal reasoning is completely invalid.

With all of this said, it doesn't mean that FBI agents SHOULD question government officials simply because they have a hunch - though, to be clear, it's perfectly legal to do so.

All of which therefore means one can both believe that Flynn probably shouldn't have been questioned in the first place, but was fairly and justly prosecuted for his subsequent lying, which he knew was illegal when he did it (and wouldn't matter even if he didn't). And, for the record, Flynn *was* a paid agent of Turkey, so wondering if he was also an agent of Russia isn't crazy even if it was overtly aggressive to openly question him about it.
My response can only be "duh"!

What escapes most of the Trump supporters minds is the fact that this guy was such a bad choice for NSA, on so many levels.
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
GrussGott18164.00
      05-11-2020, 09:50 PM   #3227
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Weird weather day today here in the Bay Area, and another one of those super-hard-to-capture-the-sunset-scene-on-a-camera days, but beautiful!

Santa Cruz Mountains btws
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
      05-11-2020, 10:06 PM   #3228
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My response can only be "duh"!

What escapes most of the Trump supporters minds is the fact that this guy was such a bad choice for NSA, on so many levels.
it's no good to continually point out all the shit that doesn't make sense about Trumpkins, but it's still interesting to marvel at ...

Like with the Flynn stuff, I guess the defense is, the top pick guy to foil the most sophisticated state sponsors of disinformation in counterintelligence on planet was snookered by two mid-level FBI agents?

Or with the obamagate stuff, so the Trump admin is saying a US president cannot commit a crime nor be held to account nor investigated, but a past president commited crimes he should be held to account for?
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      05-12-2020, 12:37 AM   #3229
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hey anybody watching Devs on Hulu or FX?

Holy nut burger, if you at all like theoretical physics and/or philosophy it's a killer show - one of the best I've seen in a long while
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2020, 08:10 PM   #3230
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Ok, you guys probably don't care so I'm purely posting this as a favor to myself ... so in the Flynn case, Judge Sullivan just wrote the stuff below and, I ain't no SCOTUS attorney, but here's what I think it means:

Part 1.) "Given the current posture of this case"
i.e,. "this Flynn case is super fucked up"

Part 2.) People will want to "file amicus curiae briefs"
i.e, "this flynn case is so fucked up people will want to write up why and file it as part of the court record for history and posterity"

Part 3.) ABs are "normally allowed when a party is not represented competently"
Holy shit - basically this federal Judge is openly saying The People of The United States of America are not being competently represented ... by the DOJ!

Part 4.) "at the appropriate time, the court will enter a scheduling order" for the ABs
"This case, and my ruling, is delayed until I say it's not - probably a few months - during which time the DOJ better get its shit together and competently represent the People of the US or I'll accept ABs which will likely legally describe how fucked up this all is and then I'll probably throw out the DOJ recommendation. So DOJ if you want to save face, now's the time"

Wow. I think this dude just said the DOJ is not competent to represent the People of the United States of America. I could be wrong or misunderstanding.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 08:12 PM   #3231
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Weird weather day today here in the Bay Area, and another one of those super-hard-to-capture-the-sunset-scene-on-a-camera days, but beautiful!

Santa Cruz Mountains btws
A's or Giants?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 08:20 PM   #3232
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Ok, you guys probably don't care so I'm purely posting this as a favor to myself ... so in the Flynn case, Judge Sullivan just wrote the stuff below and, I ain't no SCOTUS attorney, but here's what I think it means:

Part 1.) "Given the current posture of this case"
i.e,. "this Flynn case is super fucked up"

Part 2.) People will want to "file amicus curiae briefs"
i.e, "this flynn case is so fucked up people will want to write up why and file it as part of the court record for history and posterity"

Part 3.) ABs are "normally allowed when a party is not represented competently"
Holy shit - basically this federal Judge is openly saying The People of The United States of America are not being competently represented ... by the DOJ!

Part 4.) "at the appropriate time, the court will enter a scheduling order" for the ABs
"This case, and my ruling, is delayed until I say it's not - probably a few months - during which time the DOJ better get its shit together and competently represent the People of the US or I'll accept ABs which will likely legally describe how fucked up this all is and then I'll probably throw out the DOJ recommendation. So DOJ if you want to save face, now's the time"

Wow. I think this dude just said the DOJ is not competent to represent the People of the United States of America. I could be wrong or misunderstanding.

Sounds like you just read the same article, or a close proximity, to the "hill" article I posted. How many news apps do you have? I have 7 in my rotation.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18164.00
      05-12-2020, 08:58 PM   #3233
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sounds like you just read the same article, or a close proximity, to the "hill" article I posted. How many news apps do you have? I have 7 in my rotation.
I just saw that on twitter from an attorney friend and the rest are my musings, but glad to know others agree with me! (if that's what you mean - i'm still curious, haven't heard back from folks if I'm reading that right or too into it)

I don't really follow news apps other what I see on twitter, but I'm constantly on bloomberg and seekingalpha so kind of get things from that perspective.

But, speaking of twitter, in a related story:
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2020, 09:02 PM   #3234
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Speaking of twitter feeds, this just came through which is kind of fascinating ... I always saw Stern as kind of an older Joe Rogan. I wish Biden would go on his show ...
Appreciate 3
minn1914028.50
Arcades8169.50