BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

11-26-2020, 08:44 PM   #3873
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

I hope people start suing Trump for libel/slander one day soon with his constant bullshit attacks.
Appreciate 2
Lups11819.50
      11-27-2020, 06:51 PM   #3874
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Look at what you sum bitches made me do with all your P car talk. I finally scratched an itch and picked one up today. Of course just went to look and...............

Just messing with it on the bak roads by my house was incredible. I had to be careful (brand new) and cold PS4Ss (30 degrees here). But, holy shit what a car. I get what people say when they talk about intangibles with the feel that don't show up on paper with outright specs. Unbelievably fortunate/thanful to have the cars I've had and now possibly one of the last great N/A flat sixes Porsche may bring out in their normal cars. And pics of course!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
GrussGott18113.00
Arcades8136.50
      11-27-2020, 08:24 PM   #3875
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Look at what you sum bitches made me do with all your P car talk.
I just config'd one of these last night

So still keeping the AMG?
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      11-27-2020, 08:25 PM   #3876
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hope people start suing Trump for libel/slander one day soon with his constant bullshit attacks.
I never realized why Trump was so pissed at the #DiaperDon thing, it seemed harsh even for him, but it turns out it's because it's true, and people from apprentice are speaking up:

Here's the original stuff in case you didn't see it:

Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      11-27-2020, 08:27 PM   #3877
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I just config'd one of these last night

So still keeping the AMG?
Yup, not a bad stable, wife (and I much more than I thought) loves the AMG.

Don’t test drive one, your plans might change!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 08:35 PM   #3878
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Don’t test drive one, your plans might change!
it's pretty shitty, but I can't quite get over the "not a real porsche" thing despite the fact a mid-engine might be the only true modern porsche, though I think the GTS cayman would do the trick ... unfortunately it probably won't work for us, but it's definitely cool enough to make me think about arguing we change our plans!

Really glad you've ended up where you did - just feels right.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      11-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #3879
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
it's pretty shitty, but I can't quite get over the "not a real porsche" thing despite the fact a mid-engine might be the only true modern porsche, though I think the GTS cayman would do the trick ... unfortunately it probably won't work for us, but it's definitely cool enough to make me think about arguing we change our plans!

Really glad you've ended up where you did - just feels right.
Thanks! You know I don’t get into that nonsense no matter the brand. But, I did drive a barely used (599 miles) 911 T with PDK. Obviously it wasn’t the hardest test drive ever, but some side roads and freeway driving they felt extremely similar in nearly all ways. I like the look of the Cayman better and I think it is still a bit lighter plus 6MT. Either transmissions are the best feeling and operating in the business IMO.

The carbon buckets are great when you are in them, but a bitch to get in and out of.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      11-28-2020, 12:15 AM   #3880
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Welp, just got done making the turkey broth for Sunday - don't know about y'all but here's how it works for us:

T-day: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, roasted veggies + [random unnecessary stuff]
Fri, Sat: hot turkey sandwiches, potato 'pancakes', leftover stuffing
Sunday: Turkey soup with broth made from the leftover bird + leftover veggies

It's like magic: you get 3 totally different meal formats from the same original meal.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      11-28-2020, 04:15 AM   #3881
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Look at what you sum bitches made me do with all your P car talk. I finally scratched an itch and picked one up today. Of course just went to look and...............

Just messing with it on the bak roads by my house was incredible. I had to be careful (brand new) and cold PS4Ss (30 degrees here). But, holy shit what a car. I get what people say when they talk about intangibles with the feel that don't show up on paper with outright specs. Unbelievably fortunate/thanful to have the cars I've had and now possibly one of the last great N/A flat sixes Porsche may bring out in their normal cars. And pics of course!
ahahaha~

I am a bad influence

I mentioned before and a lot of people would agree when they actually go through with it. Porsche really DOES do certain things far better than others. They earned and built that reputation for years. Which is why once I dabbled into it, I realized all that talk online is true. It is something intangible that Porsche just does better than anyone else. Whether it is SUVs or Cayman/Boxster/911. Think the only weak spot currently is the Panamera.

Course, I have and still will complain about the infotainment lacking. I never held back on criticizing that but everything else is just heads above what BMW M, Benz AMG or Audi RS has to offer.

Speed, once you hit a certain point in cars, no longer has that meaning anymore. With your past (and recent) history of owned cars, I am fairly certain the Cayman GTS 4.0 is not even close to being the fastest. In fact, our M3/M4 (ZCP or CS) can out sprint it but it really doesn't matter. Porsche has that magic when it comes to driving dynamics that no other manufacturer has come to replicate.

Congrats

How is the buckets treating you btw?
minn1913970.00
      11-28-2020, 08:58 AM   #3882
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
ahahaha~

I am a bad influence

I mentioned before and a lot of people would agree when they actually go through with it. Porsche really DOES do certain things far better than others. They earned and built that reputation for years. Which is why once I dabbled into it, I realized all that talk online is true. It is something intangible that Porsche just does better than anyone else. Whether it is SUVs or Cayman/Boxster/911. Think the only weak spot currently is the Panamera.

Course, I have and still will complain about the infotainment lacking. I never held back on criticizing that but everything else is just heads above what BMW M, Benz AMG or Audi RS has to offer.

Speed, once you hit a certain point in cars, no longer has that meaning anymore. With your past (and recent) history of owned cars, I am fairly certain the Cayman GTS 4.0 is not even close to being the fastest. In fact, our M3/M4 (ZCP or CS) can out sprint it but it really doesn't matter. Porsche has that magic when it comes to driving dynamics that no other manufacturer has come to replicate.

Congrats

Thanks! The buckets are great when you are in them. Getting in and out of them will take so getting used to. I’ve heard there is some sort of aftermarket padding you can add to soften the hard side bolsters for entry/exit. They look amazing!

Definitely agreed about speed, but this is no slouch and the power is great when it counts. It’s not a great 0-60 car because of the gearing, but I don’t think it’s much slower, if at all than my previous Ms or GT350s once moving in the power band. Now the ZLE, but that thing was and is a monster in all ways. I’ve barely played with it though and only gotten up to around 5k on the backroads coming home from the dealer. It’s supposed to be nice relatively speaking for our area so I’ll get some back road time in it the next couple of days.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 11:03 AM   #3883
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
ahahaha~

I am a bad influence

Congrats

Thanks! The buckets are great when you are in them. Getting in and out of them will take so getting used to. I've heard there is some sort of aftermarket padding you can add to soften the hard side bolsters for entry/exit. They look amazing!

Definitely agreed about speed, but this is no slouch and the power is great when it counts. It's not a great 0-60 car because of the gearing, but I don't think it's much slower, if at all than my previous Ms or GT350s once moving in the power band. Now the ZLE, but that thing was and is a monster in all ways. I've barely played with it though and only gotten up to around 5k on the backroads coming home from the dealer. It's supposed to be nice relatively speaking for our area so I'll get some back road time in it the next couple of days.
The bucket seat insert I can help with. Lurked enough on Rennlist/718 side to see this pop up enough times.

https://p1designs.com

I believe there are other options but P1 is by far the most recognized one. That give you options for comfort as well too.
minn1913970.00
      11-28-2020, 10:12 PM   #3884
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It’s supposed to be nice relatively speaking for our area so I’ll get some back road time in it the next couple of days.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
Arcades8136.50
      11-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #3885
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
My GTS arrived at the dealership in DTLA. Going in tomorrow to see it per-delivery.
minn1913970.00
GrussGott18113.00
      11-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #3886
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Car's here. PASM is wow. I wish I put it on our S. The difference is big in the way the car handles.
Attached Images

minn1913970.00
GrussGott18113.00
      11-30-2020, 07:34 PM   #3887
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Part 2

Hope to take delivery soon
Attached Images

minn1913970.00
GrussGott18113.00
      11-30-2020, 07:37 PM   #3888
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Congrats Arcades, it’s gorgeous!

Interior shots?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 07:48 PM   #3889
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats Arcades, it's gorgeous!

Interior shots?
Thanks

I took a small interior video shot of it but I cannot put the video here lol. I'm gonna do a private upload on YouTube and post it.

Edit: Here it is. I used my 12 Pro. Should have flipped my phone lol.

minn1913970.00
GrussGott18113.00
      12-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #3890
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here it is. I used my 12 Pro. Should have flipped my phone lol.
Yes, more of this!! Specifically the trim, what's that like?

Also, what's your build? Is that Chalk? more deets!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 05:44 PM   #3891
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
though I suppose it's hard to concentrate given the secret German CIA war

also sidney powell's "kraken" is apparently a secret dod program to detect fraud and something-something-blah-blah we're-at-war blah-blah-blah
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      12-01-2020, 08:18 PM   #3892
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks

I took a small interior video shot of it but I cannot put the video here lol. I'm gonna do a private upload on YouTube and post it.

Edit: Here it is. I used my 12 Pro. Should have flipped my phone lol.

Very nice, my interior is very similar with black/chalk and the GTS interior package.

FWIW, I’ve got 250 miles on my car now with most of them being backroad break in drives and this thing is unbelievable. Can’t wait to open it up when it is fully broke in. Most likely it won’t be until next spring. Also glad I went with my gut and stuck with the manual. The gear ratio thing is thankfully overblown IMO.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #3893
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
minn19 GrussGott

Actually, I barely did any change to the interior aside from adding in the Heated Carbon Fiber Steering because... I just wanted it.

Everything else was completely stock and the way the car will be given to you if you don't change anything. After seeing a few Macan GTS in person, I noticed that the Dark Aluminum interior trim, comes that way IF you don't option in Carbon Fiber interior trim or Leather Interior trim etc.

The black middle instrument dial is also stock as is, if you do not do any trim options.

The only option I did was the initial Black Leather Option that you can put in. Leather Interior w/ Leather seats part. on that, you can edit more and option in other parts with leather covering but that is under "Interior Leather" part. Which would put leather in other areas that isn't covered by the initial options.

I choose 14-way seat only because it is something my parents are used to currently. There is the initial stock 2-way GTS seats and 18-way seats. 18-way seats are also found on the GT4 and stuff. It's just more aggressive side bolsters and things like that. Ventilated Seats are also optioned in but I skipped out on Heated Seats. Although I noticed my GTS actually has it still, which leads me to believe Heated Seats (Front only) is standard on the Macan GTS. The option is Heated Seats (Front and Rear) (I just confirmed this to be true).

The reason I didn't go full out decorating OCD style is because one change would make me match everything else. If I change the color dials, I would want to match at least the seat belts... which also leads me to change the stitching colors. I skipped out on doing all of that simply because of my OCD habit of not having things match. It bothers me too much so I left as much of that "decorations" out on the Macan GTS.

Edit: I didn't have the GTS interior package. That gives you different things like red stitching and matching red center instrument dial, with matching seat belts. I left that out because it doesn't give you the matching Chrono Dial, which you need to put in yourself. Basically it changes what you see here, to red contrast instead. While I would have liked it, the price difference of 1,800+ to 4k is too much just for that. I skipped it.

Last edited by Arcades; 12-01-2020 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
GrussGott18113.00
      12-01-2020, 09:10 PM   #3894
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Oh, well if you noticed I did do the door handles in Gloss Black.

That and the Heated CF Steering was the only real cosmetic thing I did that I probably didn't need to.