Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

04-02-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Weird carplay/coding issue

Hi All,

I was trying to code the NGHB/VLD (using esys that shawnsheridan kindly provided) as well as other goodies from the cheat sheets (manually using the old pdfs and not the xml files, except for NGHB/VLD where I used pmooiweer 's xml V3). Before I started I backed up the FA, SWT, and CAFD/NCD files. Car is 2020 F83.

I coded the VO to remove 5AP and 8S4 (yes, I know it's not needed, but at that time I was following the pre-lci instructions), then VO coded FEM, KAFAS2, FLM[43], FLM[44], and SM2[6d], SM2[6e], then used FDL cheats to code FLM[43], FLM[44]. And then I manually coded FDL on HU_NBT to remove the legal disclaimer etc.

But my apple carplay will not connect, and I found out that the carplay_swt and apple_enhancements are both nicht_aktiv. It seems to work after I changed them both to aktiv. Weird thing is, when I looked at my backup file, there are both nicht_aktiv to begin with.

Two questions:
1. how can this be? Did I backup wrongly or to some default values instead of my actual data?
2. I also noticed that there's a "signature" field that seems to have changed automatically, what is this for and will this affect anything?

Here are the current differences...

Thanks,
D
Appreciate 0