Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

06-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
Gtalancon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Azurite M4 ZCP

Best electric pressure washer?

Hi guys,

I've been using the SunJoe 2030psi 1.76gpm for about 3 washes now and I'm not sold. It doesn't have enough power for me. I tried the 25 atatchment and even the 15 but didn't feel comfortable going that low. My car has full ppf and cermaic coated so I want something that has a bit more power.

My only reservation is I do not want to go gas. I find them too loud, smelly, and can't travel with them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
      06-30-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtalancon View Post
Hi guys,

I've been using the SunJoe 2030psi 1.76gpm for about 3 washes now and I'm not sold. It doesn't have enough power for me. I tried the 25 atatchment and even the 15 but didn't feel comfortable going that low. My car has full ppf and cermaic coated so I want something that has a bit more power.

My only reservation is I do not want to go gas. I find them too loud, smelly, and can't travel with them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
AR630-TSS which is 1,900 PSI and 2.1GPM or the Adams Polishes Landa Washer which is 2x as expensive and 2,000 PSI/3.5 GPM
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 10:10 PM   #3
mephiska
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
What do you mean by "enough power"? What is it lacking? I have the exact same spec Sun Joe and find it to be perfectly fine. I wouldn't want anything stronger hitting my paint, and I use the 40 & 25 degree tips along with a foam cannon. Do you expect the power washer to wash off all debris and let you skip the hand wash part on a heavily soiled car? Because that's not going to happen.
      06-30-2018, 11:45 PM   #4
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

The best

I wouldn't stress over price, this is literally a buy once and keep forever type of tools

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/produ...anzle-k1123tst
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 12:32 AM   #5
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
The best

I wouldn't stress over price, this is literally a buy once and keep forever type of tools

I’d go with the Adams Polishes Landa instead if that for the same price.

I feel Adams Polishes has a better idea of what’s best for washing cars than Kranzle which description starts with info about cleaning hotels and buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mephiska View Post
What do you mean by "enough power"? What is it lacking? I have the exact same spec Sun Joe and find it to be perfectly fine. I wouldn't want anything stronger hitting my paint, and I use the 40 & 25 degree tips along with a foam cannon. Do you expect the power washer to wash off all debris and let you skip the hand wash part on a heavily soiled car? Because that's not going to happen.
1.76 GPM of water is lacking.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
The best

I'd go with the Adams Polishes Landa instead if that for the same price.

I feel Adams Polishes has a better idea of what's best for washing cars than Kranzle which description starts with info about cleaning hotels and buildings.
You can feel all you like, but kranzle are the best German made high pressure units available - jump on YouTube and you'll find plenty of reviews from the top detailers and enthusiasts

And yep a unit designed to withstand commercial cleaning will most likely outlast your actual vehicle when used simply for car washing

Adams mix up some good chemical products, I like and use their eco apc, never heard of them designing and building electric pressure washers though, is this new
Appreciate 1
Draper3459.50
      07-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #7
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Quote:
The best

I have a Kranzle and agree. Though, the Adams looks nice too. It may be a partnership with them or something. In any case, the two detailers I regularly follow, swear by it (Matt from Obsessed and Phil from DetailersDomain ), so I gave it a try and never looked back. Pricey, but you can't beat german engineering

OP - I would say google both products and pick one (and a price) that you feel comfortable with.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #8
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
I have a Kranzle and agree. Though, the Adams looks nice too. It may be a partnership with them or something. In any case, the two detailers I regularly follow, swear by it (Matt from Obsessed and Phil from DetailersDomain ), so I gave it a try and never looked back. Pricey, but you can't beat german engineering

OP - I would say google both products and pick one (and a price) that you feel comfortable with.
Adam's is simply drop-shipping a pressure washer made by Landa (Karcher).

https://www.landa.com/en/products/co...-98018050.html
      07-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #9
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mephiska View Post
This....this is more than powerful enough to clean a car, in fact; I like the idea of it not being "too" powerful to damage paint. A pressure washer helps at applying and removing soap...and fractionally dirt and debris. But by no means will it eliminate the need for some elbow geese to clean soiled areas.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 01:01 PM   #10
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can feel all you like, but kranzle are the best German made high pressure units available - jump on YouTube and you'll find plenty of reviews from the top detailers and enthusiasts

And yep a unit designed to withstand commercial cleaning will most likely outlast your actual vehicle when used simply for car washing

Adams mix up some good chemical products, I like and use their eco apc, never heard of them designing and building electric pressure washers though, is this new
All their equipment is designed from the best of the best.

That’s why their foam cannon is built of MTM parts and their pressure washer is custom built by landa (Karcher), the largest USA Manufacturer of Commercial Pressure Washers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
Adam's is simply drop-shipping a pressure washer made by Landa (Karcher).

https://www.landa.com/en/products/co...-98018050.html
Wrong.

Landa’s version needs 220V where Adams does not, among other things.

The link you provided is 1000 PSI, not 2000 PSI like the Adams Version. It is also 2.0 GPM, not 3.5GPM.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #11
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Landa builds them to Adam's specifications. I highly highly doubt Adam's is manufacturing their own pressure washers. And if you're going to pay the Adam's tax (worth it for detailing products), you might as well pay the German Kranzle tax.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 02:56 PM   #12
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
All their equipment is designed from the best of the best.

That’s why their foam cannon is built of MTM parts and their pressure washer is custom built by landa (Karcher), the largest USA Manufacturer of Commercial Pressure Washers.
In other words, they found a supplier who was willing to put an Adam's sticker on it.

Here's the same model with a different sticker.
https://www.amazon.com/PROFESSIONAL-.../dp/B07BNKWR4X

Quote:
Wrong.

Landa’s version needs 220V where Adams does not, among other things.

The link you provided is 1000 PSI, not 2000 PSI like the Adams Version. It is also 2.0 GPM, not 3.5GPM.
Source? There's no mention of electrical specs anywhere on their site.

Here's their pressure washer release announcement, which is effectively a footnote included with their memorial day sale.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/348...erything-else/

99% chance this is simply a marketing partnership.
      07-01-2018, 02:59 PM   #13
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In other words, they found a supplier who was willing to put an Adam's sticker on it.

Here's the same model with a different sticker.
https://amzn.to/2MDfre7

Source? There's no mention of electrical anywhere on their site.

Here's their pressure washer release announcement, which is effectively a footnote included with their memorial day sale.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/348...erything-else/

99% chance this is simply a marketing partnership.
Wrong.

Unlike you, I was smart enough to talk on the phone with the engineers at Adams prior to posting...in fact several weeks ago, because electrical is not listed on Adams website and Landa is 220V unit.

The Adams unit was custom engineered to use 110V and 220V, unlike any Kärcher/Landa unit.

That’s why there is a build time on the unit and not immediate shipping.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exter...re-washer.html

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 07-01-2018 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #14
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Landa builds them to Adam's specifications. I highly highly doubt Adam's is manufacturing their own pressure washers. And if you're going to pay the Adam's tax (worth it for detailing products), you might as well pay the German Kranzle tax.
3.5GPM makes all the difference in the world when washing.

Kärcher s 2.1GPM at 1400PSI doesn’t compare.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #15
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Wrong.

Unlike you, I was smart enough to talk on the phone with the engineers at Adams prior to posting...in fact several weeks ago.

The Adams unit was custom engineered to use 110V and 220V, unlike any Kärcher/Landa unit.

That’s why there is a build time on the unit and not immediate shipping.
The LF3530F pump draws 22amps, which obviously isn't going to be usable on 110v circuit, and the chances of Landa 'tweaking' their design to accommodate the relatively small volume that would come from Adam's is highly unlikely.

I'd wager you were misinformed by the person you spoke with, but feel free to order one and prove me wrong.
      07-01-2018, 03:14 PM   #16
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wrong.

Unlike you, I was smart enough to talk on the phone with the engineers at Adams prior to posting...in fact several weeks ago.

That's why there is a build time on the unit and not immediate shipping.
The LF3530F pump draws 22amps, which obviously isn't going to be usable on 110v circuit, and the chances of Landa 'tweaking' their design to accommodate the relatively small volume that would come from Adam's is highly unlikely.

I'd wager you were misinformed by the person you spoke with, but feel free to order one and prove me wrong.

If it was the Lamba unit rebadged you would be correct.

That's why I did my research before posting.

Perhaps you might try it?

You know what they say about “assuming”.

If it were 220V I would never have posted it as a viable unit in this thread.

So you were wrong on rebadging and wrong on person mistaken on telephone when discussing this point specifically.

2 strikes....going for 3?

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 07-01-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #17
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

So are you saying this isn't made by Landa? Adam's is literally using the stock Landa pic on their site, and if it was truly something custom it would at least have an Adam's sticker slapped on it somewhere...like their rebranded foam cannons.

I get that you're an Adam's fan, so don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on them. They're a Colorado company and they have some great products. Aside from that, their demo videos are fantastic and a huge part of the reason why they have managed to grow such a large following.

But contracting Landa to build a custom pressure washer design that is more efficient than anything else on the market, and then announcing it via a silent release isn't realistic. Especially considering they'll post something to Instagram when they have a special new detail spray scent, or a new pic of a shiny car, or because it's Tuesday.
domino_z1232.00
      07-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #18
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

So are you saying this isn't made by Landa? Adam's is literally using the stock Landa pic on their site, and if it was truly something custom it would at least have an Adam's sticker slapped on it somewhere...like their rebranded foam cannons.

I get that you're an Adam's fan, so don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on them. They're a Colorado company and they have some great products. Aside from that, their demo videos are fantastic and a huge part of the reason why they have managed to grow such a large following.

But contracting Landa to build a custom pressure washer design that is more efficient than anything else on the market, and then announcing it via a silent release isn't realistic. Especially considering they'll post something to Instagram when they have a special new detail spray scent, or a new pic of a shiny car, or because it's Tuesday.
Sorry you don't like their marketing.

But that's not the issue, which you are trying hard to obfuscate.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 07-01-2018 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 03:40 PM   #19
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry you don't like their marketing.

But that's not the issue, which you are trying hard to obscure.
The info you received from Adam's contradicts other sources...so it's not hard to see why one may be suspicious.

Let us know how you like your new magic machine when it arrives.
      07-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #20
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The info you received from Adam's contradicts other sources...so it's not hard to see why one may be suspicious.

Let us know how you like your new magic machine when it arrives.
Sorry, but I DO double check most things prior to posting.

Perhaps you might try it sometime instead of instantly hoping on virtually every post of mine you see trying to descredit it with 5 seconds of you searching the internet.

BTW, you read on internet that Obama was actually born in Africa
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #21
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

The 220v part is a non-issue - nearly every electric motor of this size can be rewired to run low voltage. Or a new motor could be spec'd. Changes to the pump/RPM of the motor can get whatever GPMs are required. These are all easy to accommodate by a global manufacturer.

I'm not all that surprised that Adam's won't admit that their pressure washer is a private label. Some companies even have contracts saying that info can't be disclosed.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #22
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Adams has engineers?

Nothing wrong with relabeling products that already exist, griots garage have made a great business doing that - though their value was often going outside the country to bring product to the US market that wasn't already readily available

But all this speculation over custom karchers for Adams relatively tiny market share is irrelevant,

kranzle > karcher

Appreciate 1
Draper3459.50