European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

09-25-2021, 05:50 AM   #1
3lucidus
Eat Sleep Trance
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

WTB: 17/18 comp M3

Hey team,

been lurking for a bit, but it looks like now is the time to make my first post.
I just sold my X3M40i and looking to buy an F80 comp this week.

missed out on a 2018 with 30k km for 95k a few weeks back so looking to spend about the same on something similar so drop your details in here if your looking to part ways.

also does any one have experience of buying interstate (blindly)? nice SOII in perth at the minute but obviously i can't fly there from Sydney

Cheers in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 09:16 AM   #2
damos
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lucidus View Post
Hey team,

been lurking for a bit, but it looks like now is the time to make my first post.
I just sold my X3M40i and looking to buy an F80 comp this week.

missed out on a 2018 with 30k km for 95k a few weeks back so looking to spend about the same on something similar so drop your details in here if your looking to part ways.

also does any one have experience of buying interstate (blindly)? nice SOII in perth at the minute but obviously i can't fly there from Sydney

Cheers in advance!
Hey mate, I’m in Perth. If it is south of the city let me know and I can go take a look at it for you. I was in the same situation a few months ago buying an F80 from Sydney.
Let me now if you need anything.
Damo
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 07:57 AM   #3
3lucidus
Eat Sleep Trance
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by damos View Post
Hey mate, I’m in Perth. If it is south of the city let me know and I can go take a look at it for you. I was in the same situation a few months ago buying an F80 from Sydney.
Let me now if you need anything.
Damo
Appreciate that offer Damo, wouldn't want you to go out of your way mate! the cars at osbourne park mazda, i'd say if you are far from there dont even worry about it mate!

the idea is tempting though, even the added costs of shipping plus the transfer/rego/green slip its still cheaper than cars here in sydney.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 04:30 PM   #4
MOSTRO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Comp vert

That’s quite interesting. I recently (June 2021) bought my F83 M4 Comp Convertible (lightly used) from Hornsby BMW and had it delivered to Melbourne. It was by far better value than other examples Australia wide. They negotiated the most $$ off when dealers in Melbourne had a take it or leave it policy on advertised prices. QLD dealer with a similar model would budge more than $1000 off their advertised price.

The M4 was delivered to my door free of charge and we did LOTS of pics and videos exchanged to confirm the condition before it was put on the transport truck. They covered the costs of a local PPI check by my BMW dealer of choice, and a local RWC as well. They also covered local stamp duty and on road costs.

The M4 is in perfect condition and the dealer attitude & service was far above those in Melbourne. In Melbourne they no longer negotiate. And they’re generally arrogant about it as well. “Sorry sir but my manager said that we’re not move on the on road price. We have a lot of interest and we know the car will sell fairly quickly” is the general line.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 05:45 PM   #5
///Msports180
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 C63

A lot of dealers in WA are buying cars from over east as there is limited stock here, wouldn't be surprised if this one has come across as well. I looked at a F80 last year they had bought over from NSW, they were excellent to deal with which is unfortunately not the norm for WA dealers, were pretty firm on the price but offered great deals on finance.