Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

View Poll Results: What's your honest opinion on this issue?
Ghassan is wrong; needs to do the right thing. 51 54.26%
Customer is wrong; should wait for as long as possible. 2 2.13%
Don't Care. Too Lazy, Didn't Read 36 38.30%
Take the loss and move on. 5 5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

11-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #23
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
I just read the whole thing. I run a small business and I deal with these type of customers on a daily basis.

I noticed that you haven't found a lawyer yet. Have you considered suing him in small claims court? You will have to fly there but it is hell a lot better than paying lawyer fees.

From Oklahoma court site:

I wouldn't bother with a lawyer. It will cost you a fortune and there is no guarantee he would win. You're talking about $1000 just to file the lawsuit and then $400/hr after. You can try to find a lawyer that is willing to take the case as a contingent fee arrangement. Typically, they would collect 33% of the judgment with no upfront fees.
We are currently weighing all available options, which includes litigation. As an individual, I'm aware I can hire an attorney for a small claims case in Oklahoma. However, winning a legal judgment versus actually getting paid are two different things.

Keep in mind, my story is just 1 out of X number of victims, so this is only a small piece of the whole picture. The goal of the PSA in the other thread is to gather more victims, so we can present all supporting evidence to Federal authorities.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #24
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I basically read all of it and there are at least two absolutes I took from this story about myself
1) I don't know sh*t about engines
2) I have a pretty decent sense of humor so while reading I laughed out loud about the whole Liar vs Lair comments.
Thanks for letting me know that if something goes wrong with my engine I'll send Nars (I'm pretty sure that's his name) an email and ask him for help. I will never go through the process of replacing an engine. No sireee. I do agree that a lot of wasted time on this engine replacement. A lot of stalling is a better word.
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2020, 03:58 PM   #25
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
I basically read all of it and there are at least two absolutes I took from this story about myself
1) I don't know sh*t about engines
2) I have a pretty decent sense of humor so while reading I laughed out loud about the whole Liar vs Lair comments.
Thanks for letting me know that if something goes wrong with my engine I'll send Nars (I'm pretty sure that's his name) an email and ask him for help. I will never go through the process of replacing an engine. No sireee. I do agree that a lot of wasted time on this engine replacement. A lot of stalling is a better word.
Glad you caught that little pun, sir!

Just goes to show that not everything needs to be serious all the time
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 09:09 PM   #26
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Didn't read all that but isn't Ghassan the one who like to diddle little girls or some deprived shit like that? This isn't the first thread on this dude and most likely not the last. But should have done some homework prior to doing business with this dude.

1 second google search turned this up:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1720148

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...229&page=3
Yes, he's the one who prefers them... young.

Sorry OP, but this guys trash; this is the third saga I've read of his. The M5 engine swap is the one where he was outed about liking younger girls and he totally took the bait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 1
Drj161594.50
      11-07-2020, 06:37 AM   #27
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
We are currently weighing all available options, which includes litigation. As an individual, I'm aware I can hire an attorney for a small claims case in Oklahoma. However, winning a legal judgment versus actually getting paid are two different things.

Keep in mind, my story is just 1 out of X number of victims, so this is only a small piece of the whole picture. The goal of the PSA in the other thread is to gather more victims, so we can present all supporting evidence to Federal authorities.

You dont need a lawyer for a small claim, some states you can sue for up to $12k, i went after daimler NA , as soon as they got summoned they reached out to me and gave me what i asked!
It was the run-arounds for weeks and all of a sudden i get even their lawyer's cell number for after hours calls.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2020, 01:04 PM   #28
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:

You don't need a lawyer for small claims. In some states, they aren't even allowed. Keep in mind that with a large claim with multiple defendants and $100k+, chances of the company folding is extremely high.
      05-16-2021, 03:31 PM   #29
M0NEYPIT
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Has anything new developed out of this effort? I'm aware of some additional cases locally.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 03:24 PM   #30
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Trickeh View Post
Has anything new developed out of this effort? I'm aware of some additional cases locally.
All cases are pending legal resolution. There have been several parties who have reached out for advice since the PSA, but we simply don't have the resources to assist everyone.

Strongly suggest leveraging government outlets like the Federal Trade Commission and Oklahoma Attorney General regardless of whether one is looking into legal actions or not. The more formal business complaints, the better chance of shutting down a highly shady business operation.

Other organizations like BBB do not have the authority to shut down a business. Local law enforcement is aware of the shenanigans, but they also do not have the authority to handle civil disputes.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 08:57 AM   #31
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
I just wasted about 2 hours of my life reading all of these threads. Wow

OP, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. But you were sticking up for Ghassan in one of the other threads where he was being bashed. Anybody who responds like him is not a stand up businessman.

Was very entertaining tho
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:35 AM   #32
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post

OP, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. But you were sticking up for Ghassan in one of the other threads where he was being bashed. Anybody who responds like him is not a stand up businessman.

100% true. I always give people the benefit of the doubt until reasonable facts are made available. Most especially when the person making a claim don't quite know how to explain their side clearly.

One of the reasons I went with Ghassan was to help with his reputation. You can read my intention in one of the screenshots. Unfortunately, he decided to prove me wrong by giving me the full Ghassan experience instead.

Chapter VI (unpublished email correspondence) will make people's heads hurt, but I'm saving this content until after the dispute is settled in court.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:52 AM   #33
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post

100% true. I always give people the benefit of the doubt until reasonable facts are made available. Most especially when the person making a claim don't quite know how to explain their side clearly.

One of the reasons I went with Ghassan was to help with his reputation. You can read my intention in one of the screenshots. Unfortunately, he decided to prove me wrong by giving me the full Ghassan experience instead.

Chapter VI (unpublished email correspondence) will make people's heads hurt, but I'm saving this content until after the dispute is settled in court.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends. Somebody put this dude out of business
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2021, 10:54 PM   #34
BoostinLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:

Any update on this? You saved me from recommending my friend to this nightmare. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 05:48 PM   #35
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarlcase View Post
Any update on this? You saved me from recommending my friend to this nightmare. Thank you
Around 9 pending (waiting for trial) cases is all I can say.

If anyone wants to work with a local Law Firm for their own dispute against Ghassan, below are two attorneys I'd recommend reaching out to:

Scott Thomas
Houston, Osborn, Sexton and Thomas, PLLC Attorneys at Law
405-377-7618

Jeremiah Gregory
405-377-4200
405-743-3770

Last edited by FriedPiston; 10-08-2021 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2040.50
      09-19-2022, 10:51 AM   #36
Segundo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Sdrive35is

Quote:
Around 9 pending (waiting for trial) cases is all I can say.

If anyone wants to work with a local Law Firm for their own dispute against Ghassan, below are two attorneys I'd recommend reaching out to:

Scott Thomas
Houston, Osborn, Sexton and Thomas, PLLC Attorneys at Law
405-377-7618

Jeremiah Gregory
405-377-4200
405-743-3770
I really appreciate your giving us the attorney's contact info. I've been searching for one for some time that will take a case of this nature.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 10:34 PM   #37
MADE
Rep
Drives: ER34 SKYLINE/S14 SILVIA

I use one of those Lawyers Ghassan has berm doing this for awhile as public records show.
Why, cause he has poor morals and his family name or legacy means nothing to him. Realistically he will change his business name and keep scamming.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 12:07 PM   #38
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
I never trust people who are unable to spell simple words…just my rule of thumb lol.

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3948.00
      12-18-2022, 12:14 PM   #39
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
“Ghassan Automotive wants to provide a stress-free and convenient experience. If you need a BMW engine replacement or want to upgrade the one you already have, Ghassan Automotive can do that for you. The process is zero-hassle from the moment we pick up the vehicle or engine, to rebuilding it and returning it to you. Engines are usually in stock and ready to ship.

Fully insured vehicle transportation rates are estimated at 85+ cents per mile or engine shipment is a flat rate of $595 each way, shipping costs may very depending on accommodation. In-house engine installations are available with labor as low as $3,495.

You must contact Ghassan Automotive before shipping is arranged. There is a $5,000 core charge that is not included in the price and is refunded once the core engine is received. Core engines can be shipped to Ghassan Automotive in advance. All core engines must be in a rebuildable condition to be accepted. All payments must be made via certified funds.”

Stress free!

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 09:54 PM   #40
M5D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016M4

This is a better discussion than a spun hub!
Appreciate 0