EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-15-2021, 12:32 AM   #23
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

And youre certain that wasnt already there, you only now noticed it?
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      01-15-2021, 05:13 PM   #24
WestBankM4
First Lieutenant
Palestine
Rep
Drives: '19 M4CS

I'm sure OP checks his car every time he gets inside of it. I definitely do, I do a complete walk around and I'm super cautious where I park and the environment.

Thankfully OP it doesn't look deep at all, definitely something you could do with a cut and polish.

Haters are out and about everywhere, why can't I have what they have reasoning. Absolutely shit, these small things bug the hell out of me for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 06:06 PM   #25
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F[am]80 M3

Wow, that's infuriating!

One of the many reasons I invest in dash cams for my vehicles. Hate to say it, but simply can't trust people these days.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 11:52 AM   #26
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spun Crankhub View Post
Quote:
Definitely wasn't there - it's right above the drivers side door. Ironically, I really only drive the car these days to (1) take my daughter to preschool, (2) go get coffee, and (3) play golf at my country club (which is rare now due to weather).
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 05:24 PM   #27
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
I agree, someone intending to vandalize a vehicle, to prove a point, is not going to leave some vague, random scratch, above the driver's side roof, that's shorter than the average size penis.

The damage would of not been ambiguous and abundantly obvious that it was deliberate, as they would of gotten it in and go all out, etching a Picasso of defacement - one would assume..

I'm pretty sure there is more logical reason for that scratch than someone intentionally damaging it.

My guess is some minimum wage worker at a car wash using a cloth, possible dropped on the floor, which absorbed mixed gravel, which was used to wipe down the vehicle, thus, causing the scratch.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 06:08 PM   #28
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 30 Jahre

You don't do it

Appreciate 1
NickyC17350.50
      01-17-2021, 10:43 PM   #29
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
I agree, someone intending to vandalize a vehicle, to prove a point, is not going to leave some vague, random scratch, above the driver's side roof, that's shorter than the average size penis.

The damage would of not been ambiguous and abundantly obvious that it was deliberate, as they would of gotten it in and go all out, etching a Picasso of defacement - one would assume..

I'm pretty sure there is more logical reason for that scratch than someone intentionally damaging it.

My guess is some minimum wage worker at a car wash using a cloth, possible dropped on the floor, which absorbed mixed gravel, which was used to wipe down the vehicle, thus, causing the scratch.
Quote:
Quote:

We have 4 cars and now rarely drive due to Covid so I did just notice the damage.

I agree it's in a strange spot but keying/scratches on a white car doesn't show up easily. Looks like someone just ran their hand over the roof of the car with a key. When my 1M was intentionally keyed by a neighbor the scratches were on the side but almost identical in length and shape.

People are just a$$es sometimes. Car hasn't been was by anyone except me for over a year. If there were more scratches or it wasn't as deep or as long, I would think animal did it. Always a position, that it got hit by a limb or something in my driveway it just seems very deep and sharp edged or that type of damage.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 07:17 AM   #30
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

We have 4 cars and now rarely drive due to Covid so I did just notice the damage.

I agree it's in a strange spot but keying/scratches on a white car doesn't show up easily. Looks like someone just ran their hand over the roof of the car with a key. When my 1M was intentionally keyed by a neighbor the scratches were on the side but almost identical in length and shape.

People are just a$$es sometimes. Car hasn't been was by anyone except me for over a year. If there were more scratches or it wasn't as deep or as long, I would think animal did it. Always a position, that it got hit by a limb or something in my driveway it just seems very deep and sharp edged or that type of damage.
Well, you know your neighbor and vehicle but vandal calls that damage, they really need to reconsider their message because it looks like an unintentional accident.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 02:05 PM   #31
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

Did your girlfriend have a dream that you cheated on her? That would probably be the reason it happened to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 02:49 AM   #32
TEGRITY
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
that sucks...who in the right mind would do such a random and nasty thing? unless it was personal . start eliminating those options..
Appreciate 0