ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

11-28-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
jrp73
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

Issues when re-installing OEM springs

Hi guys – has anyone had any issues when re-installing OEM springs after removing lowered springs? I’m having real trouble ensuring the spring is seated correctly and then lining up the shock to the top mount hole. I can either line up the shock but the spring won’t seat correctly or I can have the spring in the correct place but then becomes impossible to move the shock enough to line up with the hole!

I should add I’m using the process of not fully removing the shock, instead unbolting the shock from the top mount and using a jack on the lower arm to compress the spring. I’m not sure if this is the issue, it’s the same process I used to fit the lowered springs and worked a charm but I suspect it’s not as simple with the larger OEM springs.

Anyway, has anyone had any similar issues? I’m going to borrow some spring compressors and fit them with the shocks fully removed. Curious if I’m the only one to have this issue?

Any other tips appreciated!
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
apollo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Sakhir Orange

Are you talking about the rear? If its the front, you wont need compressors to refit spring as it isn't under any compression. I assume this is an F80/82 as your signature states E92 330d
Appreciate 0