proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-10-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
krazeykhan_m4_f83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 F83 Convertible

Drivetrain Malfunction. Drive Moderately. Maximum Drivetrain Output Not Available

Drivetrain Malfunction. Drive Moderately. Maximum Drivetrain Output Not Available

its a 2018 m4 convertible. i just came up yesterday. car only has 3400 miles on it.

it came on as soon as i slowed down for traffic, i didnt have to turn the car off or anything went to neutrel and then back to ger and the message went away. took a picture.

Went to the dealer they looked over it and said that the car has electric water pump failure. how is that even possible it has 3400 miles on it.

any ideas.

BRAKE ISSUE
also another thing the breaks feel like they are rough like feel like they are grinding but they dont grind just feel it through the peddal, is that normal. it only feels like that after a couple of soft presses on the breaks. is it me or the m4 breaks are rough to begin with.

sorry its my first m4 i other bmws but never felt breaks like that.

any suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeykhan_m4_f83 View Post

its a 2018 m4 convertible. i just came up yesterday. car only has 3400 miles on it.

it came on as soon as i slowed down for traffic, i didnt have to turn the car off or anything went to neutrel and then back to ger and the message went away. took a picture.

Went to the dealer they looked over it and said that the car has electric water pump failure. how is that even possible it has 3400 miles on it.

any ideas.

BRAKE ISSUE
also another thing the breaks feel like they are rough like feel like they are grinding but they dont grind just feel it through the peddal, is that normal. it only feels like that after a couple of soft presses on the breaks. is it me or the m4 breaks are rough to begin with.

sorry its my first m4 i other bmws but never felt breaks like that.

any suggestions.
Stuff just happens. Nothing to overthink or worry about yet. It's all getting covered under warranty

The brakes do feel touchy. If there is a grinding feel, check to make sure there aren't any rocks caught in between the caliper of dust shield

Last edited by aBMWfan; 10-10-2017 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
krazeykhan_m4_f83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 F83 Convertible

yeah but its a brand new car which is really weird that the water pump gave out. oh well. it is under warranty but I feel like one thing goes bad then multiple things go bad.

as for the brakes. maybe its just the M brakes they have to heat up and then they feel rough but I don't know lets see what he says. they are gonna look at them.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 08:04 AM   #4
M-PRESIV
///M4
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Sakhir Orange

Had the same issue:
Wound up having BMW replace the spark plugs & coils. Cost $1,800 the labor alone was $900. My car is running a tune from DINAN, Eventuri intakes, exhaust, down pipes, boost & charge pipes also from eventuri. Luckily the warranty covered all minus a $100 deductible from an extended warranty I purchased.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 06:52 PM   #5
ByByCop
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

It could be one of mannyyyy things. I would first connect a good code reader to pull the detailed code, then I would review for any issues where in the area where the code is coming from.

When I first got this code, I went online to research and add any maintenance item I could find to my cart (plugs, coils, checked the fuel cap...), silly, before paying for everything I went back to the car and pulled the code, diagnosed it myself. In my case it was the wastegate arm.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 08:44 PM   #6
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

This post is from 2017 guys…