GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-17-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Anyone know this user and/or actually received parts from them?

This thread - https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1772283

I purchased two parts from the user (Zelle'd them $320 on 11/6) in this thread and haven't received them or gotten any communication from the user. since 11/11. It's been almost a week since I heard from them and they're not responding to my texts. I hate to say I've been scammed - I understand stuff happens and they may have had an emergency or whatever - but they could at least respond to a text.

Has anyone actually gotten any parts from them? Or do they know this user?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 11:36 AM   #2
Keebin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

This is same stuff over and over again not to be a that guy but please use PAY PAL... people aren't always honest especially now a days. By doing Zelle or Venmo and never seeing them your just giving them free money. Honest people like you get taken advantage of.

Appreciate 3
9M711232.50
paliknight2186.50
Get lit372.00
      11-17-2020, 11:38 AM   #3
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

to me I find it strange that he's sold so many parts over the forum but only has 1 trader rating. And that item was for a pickup.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #4
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebin View Post
This is same stuff over and over again not to be a that guy but please use PAY PAL... people aren't always honest especially now a days. By doing Zelle or Venmo and never seeing them your just giving them free money. Honest people like you get taken advantage of.
Yep. I know it. Only reason I decided to Zelle him is that he joined in 2016, has several other posts and seemed to be responding to everyone in the for sale threads he posted. Normally I wouldn't Zelle anyone at all but I figured with all this info he was trustworthy. Stupid me.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #5
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlnyc88 View Post
to me I find it strange that he's sold so many parts over the forum but only has 1 trader rating. And that item was for a pickup.
Agreed. But I figured all his other activity + his join date justified sending him $$ through Zelle. Stupid me.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 07:23 PM   #6
tanmanbih
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 - YMB

I recently picked up the front splitter from him.. I did see his F80.. when I picked up the part in BK

Honestly no way for me to tell or know whether it is OEM or it is not.. not a professional.. However, not going to lie im questioning the part when I saw it.. Just didn't feel the price on the part... but I saw the BMW sticker so im like f*** it I guess.. LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 08:46 PM   #7
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmanbih View Post
I recently picked up the front splitter from him.. I did see his F80.. when I picked up the part in BK

Honestly no way for me to tell or know whether it is OEM or it is not.. not a professional.. However, not going to lie im questioning the part when I saw it.. Just didn't feel the price on the part... but I saw the BMW sticker so im like f*** it I guess.. LOL
How recent did you see him? Was it after last Wednesday? That’s when he stopped responding to my texts.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 08:51 PM   #8
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

I'm surprised, he didn't come off like the scammer type. I offered to trade him my non zcp seat belts + cash, but he politely declined citing the car is a lease so it would not be right to start swapping parts out of it.

Hopefully this can be explained. Regardless it's a small world, I'm sure you can ask around the FB pages and someone is definitely bound to know him or her ...

which parts did you buy btw? would be helpful to list it and see if he sold the same parts to someone else.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #9
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I've had a similar experience on here before. I bought a part off someone and paid through Venmo because he seemed legit. After I sent him money he said he was going to ship it on a certain date. But when I followed up with him on that date I didn't get a reply. I think I sent the guy 3 texts and still got no response. He eventually got back to me a couple weeks later stating he got "sick" and that he didn't get a chance to ship it yet. He ended up being legit and I got the part so hopefully something just came up with your seller and he's just busy and bad at replying
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 09:57 PM   #10
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
I'm surprised, he didn't come off like the scammer type. I offered to trade him my non zcp seat belts + cash, but he politely declined citing the car is a lease so it would not be right to start swapping parts out of it.

Hopefully this can be explained. Regardless it's a small world, I'm sure you can ask around the FB pages and someone is definitely bound to know him or her ...

which parts did you buy btw? would be helpful to list it and see if he sold the same parts to someone else.
I’m not going to write it off quite yet and say I was scammed. I’m hoping he’s just sick or something and will respond anytime now.

I bought the gearshift bezel/trim piece and the e-brake boot.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 09:58 PM   #11
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
I've had a similar experience on here before. I bought a part off someone and paid through Venmo because he seemed legit. After I sent him money he said he was going to ship it on a certain date. But when I followed up with him on that date I didn't get a reply. I think I sent the guy 3 texts and still got no response. He eventually got back to me a couple weeks later stating he got "sick" and that he didn't get a chance to ship it yet. He ended up being legit and I got the part so hopefully something just came up with your seller and he's just busy and bad at replying
Yes, I’m hoping this is the case with me as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 11:16 PM   #12
tanmanbih
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 - YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwyjibo View Post
Yes, I’m hoping this is the case with me as well.
Not sure how it works with him shipping.. I’m from queens met up with him saw his F80.. said his new M8 just came in so he’s selling parts ASAP.. he’s pretty good with texting when I was messaging him.. goodluck!

And I just checked my texts this was about a week and a half ago. Give him a call.. also I met him at AT&T he said he was getting a new phone maybe he lost your contact info 🤷🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 09:17 AM   #13
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmanbih View Post
Not sure how it works with him shipping.. I’m from queens met up with him saw his F80.. said his new M8 just came in so he’s selling parts ASAP.. he’s pretty good with texting when I was messaging him.. goodluck!

And I just checked my texts this was about a week and a half ago. Give him a call.. also I met him at AT&T he said he was getting a new phone maybe he lost your contact info 🤷🏻*♂️
I tried calling him and no one picked up and his voicemail isn't setup so I couldn't leave a message. I was going to message him on here but his inbox is full.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 12:46 PM   #14
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

I just posted a visitor message on his profile which should hopefully trigger an email to him given his PMs are full and no way to contact him via there.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #15
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

Still haven’t heard from him. I’ll just write it off at this point. Hopefully I’m the only one that got ripped off.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #16
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

OP was online at 356 today. Please give me my money back.
Appreciate 1
9M711232.50
      12-01-2020, 08:49 PM   #17
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Dude, I feel for you, but you can only use regular PayPal and be safe. I saw OchoChino posting to do a BM3 license transfer using an activation key. I heard about a different guy scamming that way so I emailed ProTuningFreaks asking (in his pic you could see the support ticket number). They confirmed that they asked him for his info and he never got back to them (but enough to get a pic looking like a real customer). I called him out on it and then the item was marked sold...
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1772876
      12-01-2020, 09:13 PM   #18
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

What I don’t understand about this is who drives a car like an M3 or M8 and then turns around and scams people?

Sorry you’re stuck in this situation OP, I’ll save the obvious advice and just empathize with how shitty it feels when you act in good faith with a bad faith party. Hope things resolve
      12-01-2020, 09:18 PM   #19
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

^ Some people are just out to take advantage of others.

They come in all shapes and sizes and won’t lose any sleep over it, sadly.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #20
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Dude, I feel for you, but you can only use regular PayPal and be safe. I saw OchoChino posting to do a BM3 license transfer using an activation key. I heard about a different guy scamming that way so I emailed ProTuningFreaks asking (in his pic you could see the support ticket number). They confirmed that they asked him for his info and he never got back to them (but enough to get a pic looking like a real customer). I called him out on it and then the item was marked sold...
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1772876
I agree and usually wouldn't Zelle anyone. I did due diligence though and looked to see when he joined and if he'd sold other stuff and/or posted very much. He seemed to be responding to the thread with his stuff for sale so I figured I would be ok. Of course I got screwed after thinking that.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 06:58 PM   #21
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
What I don’t understand about this is who drives a car like an M3 or M8 and then turns around and scams people?

Sorry you’re stuck in this situation OP, I’ll save the obvious advice and just empathize with how shitty it feels when you act in good faith with a bad faith party. Hope things resolve
I agree. What I really don't get is why he did sell some of his stuff in his listing (others have confirmed they either met him or actually got parts they paid for) but then not fulfill/respond to other people that have paid him?? That makes zero sense.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:03 PM   #22
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep

I know it's old and I'm SOL but, has anyone ever talked to or seen this user, OchoCinco, ever again?

I check every time I get on here to see if he's logged in again but his last time was 12/1/20. Unless the dude is dead then he took my money (and I think others too) and vanished. Which is strange because he was on here for years and apparently sold stuff successfully and people had even met him.

So, anyone heard from him since?
Appreciate 0