EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-28-2022, 11:31 PM   #1
tomlong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sedan

One of my EU5 injectors failed?

Does this look to be symptomatic of an injector failure? Either stuck open or closed?

The usual drivetrain malfunction appeared and the car was in Limp mode all the way home with heavy vibration.

Ecutek dashboard showing lambda bank 2 was reading +.3-.5 higher than bank 1. Dashboard also shows fuel quantity injected cylinder 6 remain flat lined at 0 while all other 5 cylinders behaved normal. Ignition timing cylinder 6 was functioning normal and moving in lock step with the rest of the other 5 cylinders. Last thing out of place I noticed was Short term fuel trim for both bank 1 and 2 remained flat lined at "0"

Here are the DTC codes:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5454.00
      06-29-2022, 12:24 AM   #2
tomlong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sedan

So under the guidance of another forum member I went to go crank it up and shocked to find everything seems normal.

Cylinder 6 fuel quantity injected, STFT bank 1 and bank 2, lambda bank 1 and 2 all came back. I am truly in shock.

Here's the video of the Ecutek dashboard vitals upon start up:

https://instagram.com/stories/tomlon...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

If codes get cleared and do not return then I've probably used one of my nine lives remaining for this car.
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5454.00