Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #1
UndeniablyT
Enlisted Member
17
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: Mazdaspeed3, RX8, Civic Si
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Help! Going Crazy on Interior Cleaning

Hey All,

I've spent the last hour (way to long) reading through forums and pics. I have a 2018 M3 with the Extended Merino Leather (LKSW)

I'm using leather cleaner for the seats etc... but the dash... what material is the dash? Is it a soft touch plastic? another material?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2022, 08:37 PM   #2
GERMAN M3
Major
GERMAN M3's Avatar
Germany
3141
Rep
1,357
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeniablyT View Post
Hey All,

I've spent the last hour (way to long) reading through forums and pics. I have a 2018 M3 with the Extended Merino Leather (LKSW)

I'm using leather cleaner for the seats etc... but the dash... what material is the dash? Is it a soft touch plastic? another material?

Thanks in advance
Hey UndeniablyT , I believe the dash is a foam plastic vinyl wrap. I use 303 Aerospace protectant. I apply / spray a small amount onto a microfiber towel, and wipe it on. It has given me great results. I’m sure there are other interior cleaners out there that perform very well, but 303 has been my go to the past year. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
 
__________________

Last edited by GERMAN M3; 06-19-2022 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-19-2022, 08:38 PM   #3
darrvao777
Private
darrvao777's Avatar
56
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: F82
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeniablyT View Post
Hey All,

I've spent the last hour (way to long) reading through forums and pics. I have a 2018 M3 with the Extended Merino Leather (LKSW)

I'm using leather cleaner for the seats etc... but the dash... what material is the dash? Is it a soft touch plastic? another material?

Thanks in advance
If you want to play it safe, using a rinseless product like ONR in a 1:256 dilution in a spray bottle, spraying into the microfiber towel and not on the car itself, and then gently wiping down is always a nice play

I also like P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner. I had some damage when using this product in my wife's G550 although I am unclear if the product did this or it was simply the cheap plastics in that car. To be safe, I typically will dilute this out 1:1 in a spray bottle. Same thing, I spray the microfiber towel and then wipe down. I do this for all interior surfaces EXCEPT for glass in the car. I tend to also avoid using this on the instrument cluster and infotainment as well preferring to utilize the rinseless wash as listed above or glass cleaner instead.
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M33140.50
      06-20-2022, 12:16 AM   #4
UndeniablyT
Enlisted Member
17
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: Mazdaspeed3, RX8, Civic Si
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the heads up. I currently have Chemical Guys VRP that I sprayed on a a microfiber towel and applied to the dash.

Thanks Y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Hey UndeniablyT , I believe the dash is a foam plastic vinyl wrap. I use 303 Aerospace protectant. I apply / spray a small amount onto a microfiber towel, and wipe it on. It has given me great results. Iím sure there are other interior cleaners out there that perform very well, but 303 has been my go to the past year. Hope this helps.


Quote:
Originally Posted by darrvao777 View Post
If you want to play it safe, using a rinseless product like ONR in a 1:256 dilution in a spray bottle, spraying into the microfiber towel and not on the car itself, and then gently wiping down is always a nice play

I also like P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner. I had some damage when using this product in my wife's G550 although I am unclear if the product did this or it was simply the cheap plastics in that car. To be safe, I typically will dilute this out 1:1 in a spray bottle. Same thing, I spray the microfiber towel and then wipe down. I do this for all interior surfaces EXCEPT for glass in the car. I tend to also avoid using this on the instrument cluster and infotainment as well preferring to utilize the rinseless wash as listed above or glass cleaner instead.
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M33140.50
      06-20-2022, 04:26 PM   #5
hC1001
Captain
470
Rep
809
Posts

Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (4)

I use P & S xpress interior cleaner diluted 1:1 with water. Its just a mild cleaner thats good for all surfaces. It doesnt have a pleasant smell but it goes away quickly.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 06:59 PM   #6
RogRRR
New Member
3
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M4
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

How do you guys prevent the microfiber cloths from leaving fuzz everywhere?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 07:02 PM   #7
darrvao777
Private
darrvao777's Avatar
56
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: F82
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogRRR View Post
How do you guys prevent the microfiber cloths from leaving fuzz everywhere?
using high quality microfiber towels will help to avoid this

i also like rinseless wash on the interior for this reason, it seems to have some nice anti static properties
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 07:18 PM   #8
RogRRR
New Member
3
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M4
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrvao777 View Post
using high quality microfiber towels will help to avoid this

i also like rinseless wash on the interior for this reason, it seems to have some nice anti static properties
Thanks, good tip. I bought the bulk yellow microfiber towels from Costco, but stopped using them because I spent more time chasing that fuzz around.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 07:20 PM   #9
darrvao777
Private
darrvao777's Avatar
56
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: F82
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogRRR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrvao777 View Post
using high quality microfiber towels will help to avoid this

i also like rinseless wash on the interior for this reason, it seems to have some nice anti static properties
Thanks, good tip. I bought the bulk yellow microfiber towels from Costco, but stopped using them because I spent more time chasing that fuzz around.
costco towels aren't terrible for the interior

i find they work best by dipping them in onr 1:256, wringing them out, and then gently wiping down the interior

that slight moisture helps to avoid linting and it works even better with nicer towels
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M33140.50
      07-05-2022, 04:46 PM   #10
N1rve
Racecar Driver
N1rve's Avatar
No_Country
793
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Beverly Hills, California

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogRRR View Post
Thanks, good tip. I bought the bulk yellow microfiber towels from Costco, but stopped using them because I spent more time chasing that fuzz around.
You need to like fluff them to get rid of that yellow fuzz lol.
__________________
N1rve

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 09:14 PM   #11
RogRRR
New Member
3
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M4
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
You need to like fluff them to get rid of that yellow fuzz lol.
You think they get better or worse after a few cycles through the washing machine?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 10:12 PM   #12
darrvao777
Private
darrvao777's Avatar
56
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: F82
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogRRR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
You need to like fluff them to get rid of that yellow fuzz lol.
You think they get better or worse after a few cycles through the washing machine?
definitely better. you want to wash towels first before usage
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 06:17 PM   #13
N1rve
Racecar Driver
N1rve's Avatar
No_Country
793
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Beverly Hills, California

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogRRR View Post
You think they get better or worse after a few cycles through the washing machine?
At least once through the washer and dryer would make a big difference.
__________________
N1rve

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 11:02 AM   #14
RhinoComp
New Member
RhinoComp's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Issaquah, WA

iTrader: (0)

CarPro Inside has been my go-to for anything interior besides screens. It doesn't leave a shiny film that will increase glare and reflections like a lot of interior products do. It's a nice foam that gets dirt and grime out easily, but it's also surprisingly good at cleaning and restoring color to leather also. In my previous life I had a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE with white leather knee pads and accents, and those were constantly looking horribly dirty. The CarPro Inside could make them look brand new in 5 minutes. Awesome stuff, and I haven't bought anything else since.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dash, dashboard, extended merino leather, interior, interior cleaning, lksw

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST